Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up with the DOL processing.. we have not seen any updates these days.. do you guys know what date they are processing???

chicago labor

I was told by my attorney yesterday that Chicago Region is preparing for PERM ( which is nowhere in sight ) and Processing of any labor cases with them is on hold. According to him all of the current cases will eventually be routed to some other region, most likely the Backlog clearance centers, which are yet to be created!!

In my case, Chicago's REMAND to EMPLOYER was answered two months back. Now if they have decided to not process the case, what is the sanctity in asking for clarifications, evidence and recruitment effort. I wonder, that whenever anyone looks at it, will the recruitment results hold good? Our lives seems to be on ransom by this whole immigration process.

My case has been pending with DOL since Nov/2003.

RD - Nov/03
RFE - Mar/04
RFE replied - Apr/04

ak_new_member said:
I was told by my attorney yesterday that Chicago Region is preparing for PERM ( which is nowhere in sight ) and Processing of any labor cases with them is on hold. According to him all of the current cases will eventually be routed to some other region, most likely the Backlog clearance centers, which are yet to be created!!

In my case, Chicago's REMAND to EMPLOYER was answered two months back. Now if they have decided to not process the case, what is the sanctity in asking for clarifications, evidence and recruitment effort. I wonder, that whenever anyone looks at it, will the recruitment results hold good? Our lives seems to be on ransom by this whole immigration process.

RD - Nov/03
RFE - Mar/04
RFE replied - Apr/04

This is just insane. These guys are still hiring director for backlog reduction center, God knows when they will start hiring contractors and train them. This will take months. Also once they start merging several other region cases like Dallas (Dec 2002) we will be siting way back in the queue.

Letters to the DOL

You know Philly DOL tracker members are sending out letters to the DOL expressing their pain and sufferings through this long process. Can we also do similar thing with CHicago considering what they are planning to do?

Can somebody help us pls to draft a letter? Maybe we can all sign and send the petition. We should not be silent, rather try and make sure we let them know that we cannot suffer anymore.

Thanks!

ak_new_member said:

RD - Nov/03
RFE - Mar/04
RFE replied - Apr/04

Is this info reliable? I talked to an attorney on Monday, he didn't say anything like this.

ak_new_member said:

RD - Nov/03
RFE - Mar/04
RFE replied - Apr/04

Just checked on a Dec 18th case and AVM still shows that it was received . Looks like Chicago DOL has not processed any new cases, the last we heard a few days back that they were processing Dec 17th cases.

SRA123, URGENT

I'd like to change my attorney and I was wondering that If you could giv eme name and number of Your attorney as he dealt with same RFE and he knew all effort we need to do.

Thank you

I dont think they have totally stopped processing due to PERM....
I have been keeping track of a few random case numbers. There were a couple of cases(12/17/03) which were not approved yesterday and have been approved since then.....,but they have slowed down considerably !!

Moreover, I can not afford to lose hope. My case is just 3 working days away from current processing date :)

Perm

Dont worry guys. Still Chicago DOL is updating AVM every day. Even if they start PERM, they approve cases on the basis of priority date. I guess Chicago dont come under Bacaklog reduction center like Texas.

Or apply LC again under PERM and get approval within 21 days. Only you/your company need to spend extra bugs

Last edited by a moderator:
brijesh said:
Do you mean Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan? http://www.mmhpc.com/ This is my lawyer. They are very good. I think they are a little expensive but really really good. They handled my H1B RFE (I dont have a Bachelors degree) very well. Also my GC is with them.

I can give you contact info and reference if you need.

Brijesh

Brijesh,

Thanks.

I've an appointment with them tomorrow.

regards
gg

gogia said:
I dont think they have totally stopped processing due to PERM....
I have been keeping track of a few random case numbers. There were a couple of cases(12/17/03) which were not approved yesterday and have been approved since then.....,but they have slowed down considerably !!

Moreover, I can not afford to lose hope. My case is just 3 working days away from current processing date :)

gogia please let us know when your case gets processed.

Thanks

Hexamon said:
Brijesh,

Thanks.

I've an appointment with them tomorrow.

regards
gg
brijesh/ hexamon
I'm also planning to change my attorney. ARe these guys dealt with RFE regarding "REMADED to EMPLOYER for more ads" from Chicago DOL?
your help will be appriciated.

Thank you

Clarification

interesttoknow said:
Dont worry guys. Still Chicago DOL is updating AVM every day. Even if they start PERM, they approve cases on the basis of priority date. I guess Chicago dont come under Bacaklog reduction center like Texas.

Or apply LC again under PERM and get approval within 21 days. Only you/your company need to spend extra bugs

Can you let me know what is PERM and approval within 21 days.
Is this process already inplace and I can apply or is there a special qualification to apply for this. And what would be the extra money I would be spending in this process.

Thanks in Advance

gc_deb,
DOL is going to implement PERM process shortly may be either by the end of summer or early fall. This is a new process going to be implemented to approve labor cases ASAP within 21 days.

I mean if you/your company already filed LC, and again if you want to apply LC through PERM for faster approval, you need to spend extra money as attorney fee.

I guess you can understand...

Perm?

Will the implement PERM process influence the application of already-filed RIR case? Especially in Chicago region? because chicage will focus on the PERM in the future.

Will the earlier filed RIR case be sent to other region center?

Ray S. said:
Update on RFE case.

One of the cases in my company RIR/EB2 received an RFE 3 weeks back (remand to state), upon replying, DOL sent back another RFE apparently, and the attorney has replyed again.

My Case: DOL Recd. January 10 2004
Ray
Can you give us some more detail about those 2 RFE's.
I got RFE for more ADS. They gave us 2 option Put one additional ad or use existing one, If employer has on going AD for last 6 months. We are not sure which one we should go for and do you think first is better than 2nd better or vice versa, as we have on going AD fro last 6 months.
I'm also planing to change attorney, Can you please give me your friend attorney name and number as he is dealing with same kind of RFE's

Thank you

AVM is up now.
However i do not see any new case processed .I checked 10/12 cases from 05430946 to o5430990 and all are received .
os430945 was certified on June 1st

Tomorrow is again a holiday ....argggggggggggg

Status
Not open for further replies.