Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
clx-dude said:
Hi,

I had filed my EB3/RIR on Nov 5, 2003. I called IL-SESA and they said the case was forwarded to DOL on May 14, 2004. I am wondering how long it takes to get through the Federal Labor assuming no RFEs. Thanks.

clx-dude

Chicago DOL is now processing Mid Dec 2003 (last I heard was Dec 12th), so you figure out how long it will take them to process your case.

It took them nearly 2 months to move from Nov24th to Dec 12th.

PERM labour changes

Does anyone have any clue if PERM labour is going to come into effect soon? One of my freinds was saying that starting July state SESAs maynot accept labour applications and it will be all ONLY PERM. does anyone have any insights from your attorneys on this?

Vish1348 said:
My lawyer said they answered the RFE Thursday(yesterday). When do you think it would be updated in the AVM or approx when do you guys think it would be cleared ?

Vish
PD Nov 21
DOT 030-062-010
Hi Vish,
Could you please give us more detail about your RFE and also how many days it took to get it in Attorney office. Mine was issued May 19th, 2004 and still no clue.....

Thank you

Does anyone know what is the minimum ad requirement for an RIR application filed in Ohio? Should the ads be in a local newspaper or a national magazine? Thanks

Case Status

kalse,
think it was remanded on Apr 26 according to the AVM. My lawyer dint say when he recieved it but they replied to the RFE on Thursday 24th, well ateast that's what they told me.

said the RFE was regards to that DOL wanted all the resumes submitted to the ad posted for me, not sure how serious that is (acc to them its not and its usual) or how long it would take

vish

kalse_2000 said:
Hi Vish,
Could you please give us more detail about your RFE and also how many days it took to get it in Attorney office. Mine was issued May 19th, 2004 and still no clue.....

Thank you

interesttoknow said:
5430806 Dec 16th 030.162-014 remanded
5430945 Dec 17th received

hmm.. so, they are processing dec 17th.. hopefully they will move to January pretty quickly because of the holiday season at that time..

Hi everybody,

It seems to be the time to start moving. My DOL RD is 12/22/2003 and it seems they are fast approaching the date. I would truly appreciate if you guys could let me know what should I be ready with at this stage to avoid delays later.

I have following:

-Edu. certificates
-Birth certificates(NAC & Affidavits)
-Marriage certificate
-PP copies
-Visa copies
-H1(I-797) & H4 copies
-I-94 copies
-Experience letters
-3 years W2s and 1040s(I just have the Xerox of the paper filed 1040s. Is it
fine??)

Am I missing anything here other than Medical and Photos which i plan to do the moment I get LC(If everything goes well).

Your help is valuable !!!

-Gogia

gogia said:
Hi everybody,

It seems to be the time to start moving. My DOL RD is 12/22/2003 and it seems they are fast approaching the date. I would truly appreciate if you guys could let me know what should I be ready with at this stage to avoid delays later.

I have following:

-Edu. certificates
-Birth certificates(NAC & Affidavits)
-Marriage certificate
-PP copies
-Visa copies
-H1(I-797) & H4 copies
-I-94 copies
-Experience letters
-3 years W2s and 1040s(I just have the Xerox of the paper filed 1040s. Is it
fine??)

Am I missing anything here other than Medical and Photos which i plan to do the moment I get LC(If everything goes well).

Your help is valuable !!!

-Gogia

Gogia,
can you do me a favor and give me all the details about the birth certificate needed. I have all the other documents and I need to know the format of BC and other supporting docs needed(what is NAC and affidavit???).
I know you were looking for more info yourself but I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi blue_line,

NAC is 'Non Availability Certificate' which is issued by the municipal councils in India if they cannnot locate your birth record. It just says that :
A search was made for the birth records of <your name> on the request of <father's name> and the same were not found.
IF you do not have a birth certificate and it can not be issued, you have to get this NAC and sworn affidavits of two persons who were adults at the time of your birth that they know you since your birth. something like this:

I <name> hereby declare under the perjury of law that I know <your name>
since birth because I am his/her mother's brother(or any other relation).
I was present at the time <your name> was born to <your father's name> and <your mother's name>.......

Get this from two persons. May be your uncle or aunts or father......

The format of the BC depends upon the MC issuing it, but make sure it is in English otherwise you have to get it translated....

Hope this helps

Hi guys,
My receipt date for DOL is Jan 2nd 2004.......Does anybody know what would be the expected date for me to get my labor??? (It too became 9 mons process :D )

My case got fwded to DOL on Dec 4th 2004.

thanks.

shail007 - Question about Receipt Date

Hi shail007,

How did you get the Chicago Receipt Date? It looks like there is a 30-day delay between the Chicago Forwarded Date and Receipt Date. Is it normal?

My case was forwarded to Chicago on Jan 21, 2004. It has not been added to AVM yet.

Thanks,
Udai

gogia said:
Hi blue_line,

NAC is 'Non Availability Certificate' which is issued by the municipal councils in India if they cannnot locate your birth record. It just says that :
A search was made for the birth records of <your name> on the request of <father's name> and the same were not found.
IF you do not have a birth certificate and it can not be issued, you have to get this NAC and sworn affidavits of two persons who were adults at the time of your birth that they know you since your birth. something like this:

I <name> hereby declare under the perjury of law that I know <your name>
since birth because I am his/her mother's brother(or any other relation).
I was present at the time <your name> was born to <your father's name> and <your mother's name>.......

Get this from two persons. May be your uncle or aunts or father......

The format of the BC depends upon the MC issuing it, but make sure it is in English otherwise you have to get it translated....

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info gogia

You can also get affidavit from Lower Megistrate court in India(any court, if you have moved from the place where you were born.). It is considered a legal document for all practical purpose.

Hi Udai,
From AVM i got the receipt date. Also i verified from the operator.
30 days looks normat to me........though it might vary....
But your case should be in AVM.......check with operator if you have case #.

shail

===============================================
udaippan said:
Hi shail007,

How did you get the Chicago Receipt Date? It looks like there is a 30-day delay between the Chicago Forwarded Date and Receipt Date. Is it normal?

My case was forwarded to Chicago on Jan 21, 2004. It has not been added to AVM yet.

Thanks,
Udai

recent approval

Originally Posted by Khan_Man:

Labor applied Nov 6 2004 (Madison, WI)
Went to Chicago Dec 9 2004
Labor Certification approved May 12.

Birth Certificate Questions

I am expecting my Labor Application to be approved any time now.I have a question about the Birth Certificate Translation.

I have a Birth Certificate though it is in Marathi from a Hospital in Mumbai ,also I do have my School and College Leaving Certificates in English.

Where and how do I get my Birth Certificate translated here in the US ???

Hi
Anyone who unfortunatley got "REMANDED TO EMPLOYER" recently, got letter from DOL. My Case was updated on AVM on 05/19/2004 and still waiting for letter from DOL. Called up attorney office and as usual got same reply that they can not call to DOL and wait.........Any advice would be appriciated....

NOF issued

My LC went to Chicago in Nov. 2003. Last week I received a NOF (intention to deny) due to the non-matching of the educational reqiurements in the advertisements issued in the paper and Item 14 of the ETA 750A. NOF also states that the employer's recruitment statement did not give the specific reasons for rejecting each applicant nor any applicants were interveiwed. My current lawyer screwed my case and now I want to know whether I have any chance for federal labor certification or will my case be transfered to Non-RIR. I request you to please advise me what is good for me now so that I can talk to you on phone and discuss my matter further. I have to reply the DOL by June 29, 2004

If any one went through the same situation, please advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.