Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Mahendra T

Chicago is processing around 12/11/2003 at the moment.

Good luck for your LC....

BTW : Your name and location sounds familiar to me. I think we have had some parties together in MN......

Gogia
Chicago DOL RD :12/22/2003

helppppppppp

I need some help from you guys.
My case was approved from SESA and fwded to DON ON Dec 04th 2003. I talked to my lawyer and she said she doesnt have the case #, but could find out for me if needed.

I would like to know how long would it take for me to get my labor approved?
My 6 yrs on H1-B expires on Nov 17th 2004.
My lobor got filed on Nov 14th 2003, so am i eligible for 7th year extension??

Could some throw some light what i should do???

thanks in advance.

=====================================
gogia said:
Hello Mahendra T

Chicago is processing around 12/11/2003 at the moment.

Good luck for your LC....

BTW : Your name and location sounds familiar to me. I think we have had some parties together in MN......

Gogia
Chicago DOL RD :12/22/2003

Shail,

If youir case is RIR, it should have been processed by now. I have seen some cases of my company approved with RD of December 9th and 11th.

You can call the Chicago DOL and get your case number by telling your and employer's name and also the approximate date your case was forwarded to DOL from SESA.

Thanks Gogia. Appreciate your reply.

Could you also tell me what number should i call to get my case number???

==================
gogia said:
Shail,

If youir case is RIR, it should have been processed by now. I have seen some cases of my company approved with RD of December 9th and 11th.

You can call the Chicago DOL and get your case number by telling your and employer's name and also the approximate date your case was forwarded to DOL from SESA.

Shail,

Dial (312) 596-5400 and opt to speak with operator.
Tell him/her that you want to know your case status and tell your and your employer's name, SESA name etc..

Good luck

Hey gogia,
I tried calling the number and spoke to the operator, but she didnt give me any case details. She said i should my employer or attorney to get case #. Spoke to attorney, she said she will try to find it out.

Is there a way to get case #??

thanks.

=================================
gogia said:
Shail,

Dial (312) 596-5400 and opt to speak with operator.
Tell him/her that you want to know your case status and tell your and your employer's name, SESA name etc..

Good luck

chicago labor

Has anyone got approval after the REMAND TO EMPLOYER is returned? Mine was sent back on Apr 6, 2004 and still no decision.

SESA RD 11-OCT-2002
REGION RD 12-NOV-2003
REMAND to EMP 22-MAR-2004
RET BY EMP 6-APR-2004

Does anybody know what's going on at Chicago DOL? When my case went to Chicago, in Nov/03, it was taking about 2 months. Now it is over six months. It is so frustrating!!

Perm

Maybe DOL is purposefully delaying all the cases in the hope that all these cases would move or will be forced to move into the PERM process. Is that true, that once PERM starts all the cases which have been previously filed should be moved into PERM process?

:p

ak_new_member said:
Has anyone got approval after the REMAND TO EMPLOYER is returned? Mine was sent back on Apr 6, 2004 and still no decision.

SESA RD 11-OCT-2002
REGION RD 12-NOV-2003
REMAND to EMP 22-MAR-2004
RET BY EMP 6-APR-2004

Does anybody know what's going on at Chicago DOL? When my case went to Chicago, in Nov/03, it was taking about 2 months. Now it is over six months. It is so frustrating!!
Hi AK,
What was RFE you got about your Case?
Seems like your attorney took only 2 weeks to respond back.
How long it took to get RFE letter to your employer/attorney?
Thank u

Chicago DOL receipt

Hi,
My company applied for GC procesing last sept 2003. My lawyer filed for LC in Chicago last September. But I was told that Chicago DOL does not give any receipt or VAT number. But, according to one of the online websites that keep track of LC approvals. Chicago is processing Nov 2003 and when I asked my lawyer he told that he is yet to receive any infirmation fron DOL. Now I want to know the following

1. Is it true that Chicago DOL does not give any receipt for LC application?.
2. If not then how to track my case.

A reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nattu

Dnattu, I'm in the very same position as you are. My LC was filed from IL state in Sep'2003. Moved to DOL regional in Feb'2004. Waiting for the regional to get cleared. I haven't received any communication yet.

dnattu said:
Hi,
My company applied for GC procesing last sept 2003. My lawyer filed for LC in Chicago last September. But I was told that Chicago DOL does not give any receipt or VAT number. But, according to one of the online websites that keep track of LC approvals. Chicago is processing Nov 2003 and when I asked my lawyer he told that he is yet to receive any infirmation fron DOL. Now I want to know the following

Thanks
Nattu

Hi Dnattu,

My case was also filed in last week of Sep 2004 and got forwarded from SESA to IL DOL on March 23rd. I got a reciept from SESA but not DOL. You can check your DOL case from the AVM. The AVM is having cases till Jan End so you have to wait another month or so.

Thanks

dnattu said:
Hi,

Thanks
Nattu

Avm

Looks like no new case was processed since last Thursday(per AVM) .The last case processed was 05430637 on 05/20 .
Anybody has case number after this and already processed ?

Not sure AVK is not updated OR ppl in DOL are in holiday mood.

Case Status

My case was forwarded to Chicago DOL on NOV 26th
Just found out that it was Remanded to the Employer (dunno when) dtatus posted on Apr 23th. Lawyer said they be answering this Thursday. Is there a time limit ?

Is that too bad ? as in Remand to Employer or Remand to State. not sure why they waited this long.

Also how long would it take approximately once the RFE is answered?

State IL
Fwded to DOL 11/26
DOT Code 030-0620- 010 ( What job title is this ?)

Vish

chicago laobr

chic-dol said:
AK,
Did you check your case status in the AVM ?Does it say "Returned by employer after RFE" ?

Yes, the AVM say "Returned by employer after Remand". This message has been updated since Apr 9th.

chicago labor

kalse_2000 said:
Hi AK,
What was RFE you got about your Case?
Seems like your attorney took only 2 weeks to respond back.
How long it took to get RFE letter to your employer/attorney?
Thank u

The RFE was about retesting the market. My attorney took only two weeks to respond, as there were other cases for my compnay which were remanded earlier and thus they were prepared. It took about 3 weeks to get the RFE letter to employer/attorney.

How bad is IL with processing RIR cases in IL (in IT related). With a decent recruitement pattern and experienced attorney is there at lease 50% chance of LC getting cleared (with RIR).

Thanks,

DOL Processing Dec 12, 2003 Cases

chic-dol,

Chicago DOL is processing Dec 12, 2003 cases as of today. You can check the cases 05430659, processd on May 25th and 05430660, processed on May 24th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.