Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detail

COLTECH,
Cong and Best of LUCK with I40/485
Could you give us more detail about ur experince showing .. Like was it 2 yr or 3 Year...

Hi Friends,

My RD at Chicago DOL is 12/22/2003 and I'm expecting to get it done very soon. Now, My client - A big telecom company, which is also laying off a lot of employees, offered me a permanent position. It would be under a slow moving DOL office and probably Non-RIR.
I still have 3 years left on my H1.

Not sure what to do:
Continue with the uncertainities of jobs and projects and keep the GC process going OR accept the offer, abandon the GC process and start it all over again. Not much difference in salary, some advantage in other perks.

I know the decision is for me to take and I'll have to see my circumstances and priorities, but just wanted to get your thoughts on it !! I know you wont disappoint :)

Thanks

Its up to you what do you want...... Career or GC ? What is the probability that bug telcom will not lay you off!

Best Soln :- Ask your telcom client on following deal :- Negotiate the salary+benefits etc etc that you will be getting if you were perm. employee and convert that to hourly rate and reduce it slightly and ask them if this would be a good deal. So that your client will not spend any more on you that they would have spent if you were perm. employee and also your GC will continue....

thanks,
pachya

IMHO the best way to get a GC is to work for a body shop. If you loose a project you'll find another one and your GC processing won't be affected. Given the current processing times it is insane to work directly for the sponsor, who most likely will take advantage of your "immobility".

Additional Test

HI,

After the additional advertisement as required in remand to employer, what kind of docuemnts are to be submitted? Will a new ETA 750A be filed again?

Thanks!

Seabird

Last edited by a moderator:
seabird said:
HI,

After the additional advertisement as required in remand to employer, what kind of docuemnts are to be submitted? Will a new ETA 750A be filed again?

Thanks!

Seabird
What are your DOL dates ?

Information on PERM

Can anybody pls explain PERM in simple words, I know murthyji has some information on her website. I know that it is fast, but would the rate of certifications be as good as the present process? I mean will more people be able to clear the certification process through PERM than the current process?

:cool:

Current Date of LABOR Certificate Processing

Hello ALL-,
Does any body knows what is the current date of processing for PERM labours in chivago DOL?

Thanks

Kalatta

shah007 said:
How much time does it take to get the letter of approval from Chicago DOL once the AVM says your case has been approved?
My case was certified on May, 4 and today May, 17 I've got a letter from lawyer that they got approval from DOL.

Hi Ranna,
What reason was given for Remanding to State ?

ranna said:
My case Filled RIR at Iowa July2003
Forwarded Sept 2003
Remand to state Nove 3rd.
Got reply from State asking one day Re-test.
Completed Onday adv submitted to state.

Today AVM is telling my labor application was returned by the state was received at Chicago
How many days it will take now to take decision by Chicago on my case?
Experts Please tell me...

Advance thanks....

Update on my case status: not so good.

DOL worked on my case a day earlier than I predicted.

DOL RD: Dec 9, 2003
Remanded to Employer on May 14, 2004.
:( :mad:

Not sure when we'll recieve the letter from DOL.
People, any idea what the Remand to Employer usually means ?

My case is as follows:
Unix Administrator, BS + 2 years experience required.
DOT code: 030-163-010

Anybody has any idea ?

Thanks
Al

sorry !!

sorry, buddy !
I didn't check this forum for a while, and unfortunately, I do not have the formula any more, I threw the paper I wrote it on.
anyways, DOL is working, so things should fall in place for you.
My case got remanded to employer :( (a day earlier than I predicted, he.. he..he...my formula was good ;) )

Wish you all the luck.
-al

kalse_2000 said:
Alvin,
Rcvd date at CHICAGO DOL 12/11/2003
Case xxxxx546

Thanks

Your formula was definitely good :)

alvin said:
sorry, buddy !
I didn't check this forum for a while, and unfortunately, I do not have the formula any more, I threw the paper I wrote it on.
anyways, DOL is working, so things should fall in place for you.
My case got remanded to employer :( (a day earlier than I predicted, he.. he..he...my formula was good ;) )

Wish you all the luck.
-al

Approved

My RIR at Kansas Nov 2003
Chicago DOL 12/3/2003
DOT:030.162-014
Certified: 5/12/2003

According to the AVM.

Good luck to all.

Avm

AVM shows till Jan 27, 2004 by now and the last case# AVM showing is 5431981 with DOT code 030-162-014. On Jan 26th and 27th most of the cases are IT Professional related...!!! :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
alwaysbright congrats

alwaysbright said:
My RIR at Kansas Nov 2003
Chicago DOL 12/3/2003
DOT:030.162-014
Certified: 5/12/2003

According to the AVM.

Good luck to all.

Can you please let us know if it was Eb2 or EB3 and the number of years of exp.
Congragulations and all the best for I140*485

Thanks

Anyone know what date is being processed, this website shows Dec 1 but some of the forum members had their Dec8th case processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.