Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicago DOL Feb Cases

05432875 Feb 26th 030.162-014
05432735 Feb 24th 030.162-010
05432455 Feb 11th 030.167-014

Last edited by a moderator:
AVM Update

Ilwaiting,

It will not update the AVM on the same day your case was received. It may be one week, two weeks, some times even it will take 4 weeks. Look at shail007's case.

Thanks Intresttoknow.

I guess that might be the case. Its already been 9 months since I filed in IL SESA. I have not received any receipt notice from them or from Chi DOL. Does Chicago DOL send out any receipts once the case gets entered into AVM or do we need to wait until the approval happens?

NON RIR Question

Type: Regular (NON RIR)
Sesa (Nebraska State): Sept 2002
Regional(Chicago): Oct 21 2003 (from AVM)

Since there is no progress in non-RIR cases, I'm really worried and thinking if I can file parallel RIR petition with the same employer. Is it possible? Please suggest what is good for me?

thanks in advance!!

Documents needed After LC

Gogia,

I am also in search of detailed Information about Documents needed for filing I-140.
Can anyone let us know any other documents are needed apart from those mentioned by "GOGIA" in his/her posting.

Thanks,
GK

My case has been remanded to Employer

We finally received the letter from DOL, Chicago.
Summary:

1. DOL did not like our recruitment efforts.
2. Gave us three options: a) Run another ad, 2) Withdraw the application, c) Sent to STATE DOL for non-RIR processing.

3. My employer is going to run another ad.
4. We have only 60 days to reply to this RFE.

Few Questions for our friends on this board.
1) What are the chances of approval after re-advertisement etc.
2)How many days of Advertisement is necessary (1 day in just one News paper)
3. In the remand letter, at the bottom of the second page, there is not that reads: Attachments: ETA 750A and ETA 750 B
but we never received those, shall we ask DOL about it, is it normal that they return the ETA750 forms along with the remand letter,

We are planning to publish the ads again in "Des Moines Register" and
"The Gazette" two local publications, any other news paper that should be considered ?

Please suggest, your help is highly appreciated, guys !

Thanks much.

How many ads

Hi Alvin,

Can you please give details as to how many ads were put previously when you filed for labor and for how long

thanks

re: How many ads

Fri, Sat, Sun in Des Moines Register, followed by Fri, Sat, Sun of next week in "The Gazatte"

Total 6 days in two different news papers + One Internet Ad + Company Website ad

I was under the impression that it was sufficient, but I gues, it's not.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ilwaiting said:
Hi Alvin,

Can you please give details as to how many ads were put previously when you filed for labor and for how long

thanks

Labor certified after 2 RFEs

My labor was approved on 6/3 after 2 RFE's (REMAND_TO_EMPLOYER).
I haven't visited the forum ever since my 1st RFE as I lost hope.
Both the RFE's were for recruiting efforts and I have not seen the letters from DOL but my employer said they are standard letters. My company has been recruiting aggressively over the last one year and they had the advts. already in hand. I guess it helped in my case.

Details:
EB3-RIR
Certified: 6/3
2nd RFE: 5/16
RFE replied: 4/23
1st RFE: 4/6
DOL PD:11/20

Time to update AVM

sra123,
How many days did it take for the AVM to be updated once you repy to the RFE's ?
Do they update any info about the replies or they dont. how about yours, did they update info on both ? Please Let me know
Thanks
Vish

sra123 said:
My labor was approved on 6/3 after 2 RFE's (REMAND_TO_EMPLOYER).
I haven't visited the forum ever since my 1st RFE as I lost hope.
Both the RFE's were for recruiting efforts and I have not seen the letters from DOL but my employer said they are standard letters. My company has been recruiting aggressively over the last one year and they had the advts. already in hand. I guess it helped in my case.

Details:
EB3-RIR
Certified: 6/3
2nd RFE: 5/16
RFE replied: 4/23
1st RFE: 4/6
DOL PD:11/20

Perm

Chicago DOL is not approving cases since one or two weeks. Is PERM implementation in DOL delaying approvals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohio labor (LC:RIR) Processing date

Ohio labor (RIR) is processing June 2003 now as of April 16 2004.

http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/owd/flc/processtimes.asp

Anybody who got their files moved from OH to Chicago in these two months (May and June)? please post.
(1)Date of the receipt in OHIO
(2)Date of moved to Chicago
Thanks

For my case, the receipt date is Nov 2003, so it is a long way to go

sra123,
How many days did it take for the AVM to be updated once you repy to the RFE's ?
Do they update any info about the replies or they dont. how about yours, did they update info on both ? Please Let me know
Thanks
Vish

It took about a week to see the updated message on AVM something like
" Reply receieved from employer...." after the reply was sent.

sra123

Need a good laywer in IL.

Does any of these names ring bells?

- Margaret McCornick
- Doug Bristol
- Royal Berg

My apologies if I've misspeled them wrong.

Any other suggestions?

kalse_2000 said:
Hi SRA123,
How many Resume you guys got and do you have templet where you submit Results?

Thank you
Kalse_2000,
I have no idea about the count but there were only a few and they didn't match the requirements. I do not have a template either. I guess it's standard reply since our attorney seem to have replied within a week. I am sorry but I don't have the details.

sra123

re: Remand to employer

Has any one recieve ETA750 A and ETA 750B from DOL when their case was remanded back to employer for further retest of the job market, just checking since the letter from the DOL has these from as "attachments" but we never got one.

any body ?

alvin said:
We finally received the letter from DOL, Chicago.
Summary:

1. DOL did not like our recruitment efforts.
2. Gave us three options: a) Run another ad, 2) Withdraw the application, c) Sent to STATE DOL for non-RIR processing.

3. My employer is going to run another ad.
4. We have only 60 days to reply to this RFE.

Few Questions for our friends on this board.
1) What are the chances of approval after re-advertisement etc.
2)How many days of Advertisement is necessary (1 day in just one News paper)
3. In the remand letter, at the bottom of the second page, there is not that reads: Attachments: ETA 750A and ETA 750 B
but we never received those, shall we ask DOL about it, is it normal that they return the ETA750 forms along with the remand letter,

We are planning to publish the ads again in "Des Moines Register" and
"The Gazette" two local publications, any other news paper that should be considered ?

Please suggest, your help is highly appreciated, guys !

Thanks much.

Hexamon said:
Need a good laywer in IL.

Does any of these names ring bells?

- Margaret McCornick
- Doug Bristol
- Royal Berg

My apologies if I've misspeled them wrong.

Any other suggestions?

Do you mean Minsky, McCormick & Hallagan? http://www.mmhpc.com/ This is my lawyer. They are very good. I think they are a little expensive but really really good. They handled my H1B RFE (I dont have a Bachelors degree) very well. Also my GC is with them.

I can give you contact info and reference if you need.

Brijesh

Status
Not open for further replies.