Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jbm

Going for medical in coming week and that doctor will give results in just two days.

And I may receive my date of birth certificates in 10 days.
So probably by this month end I will file.

Nanaji

MY LC DETAILS

MANISHA

SENT TO SESA : 04/25/2002
SENT TO DOL : 06/26/2002
POSTED ON AVM : 07/01/2002
CASE NUMBER : 054110XX
DOT CODE : 030-062-010
:)

Congrats and Thanks Nanaji999.
I am still waiting for the Hardcopy. Should receive it sometime this week. Same with my attorney too. I had to inform that my Labor is Approved.

I will be going for my medical exam sometime next week and then I am planning to go for concurrent processing.

I have questions for all the gurus. I am planning to go to India in december. My current H1B is valid till june 2003. If I apply for concurrent processing now should I wait for advance parol or can I travel on my current H1 ? Any information will be helpful.

Nanaji999 and others what about immigration pictures ? Can I take them from anywhere or is there some special requirement ?

wxm8,
Did you find a thread for concurrent processsing ? I suggest you open a new thread and we all can keep it going. I started browsing this portal only for the last one week but I almost read all your old replies. I am really impressed by the way you handled chicago dol thread. Good job !! Keep up the spirit !!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi chigc,

I think if your h1 is valid you can use your h1 for travel outside of usa. You don't need to use AP.As I understood,

if you use AP to enter USA you need to start working on EAD after entering usa. I would suggest use h1 to travel (becuase usually h1 is multiple entery visa, I heard some restriction with AP)

so my bet is travel using h1, but apply and get ap and EAD as soon as possible. if your dependent will use ead then they might need to use AP for travel.

Your both questions/ suggations to wxm8 and Nanaji999 is great.

Nanaji999 & wxm8, It would help if you let us know about immigration picture and if you can start new concurent tread, so later we can join you guys over there.

Welcome MANISHA to this forum. Do you want to take over there responsibilty to update tracker ?

thanks,

JB

You need to consult with an attorney on your travel options. The whole point of AP is so that you CAN travel once you've filed I485, otherwise you can get into a lot of trouble without it.

GCDreamer2000 your point is correct for consulting attorney,

But As I understood, to get AP and to use AP is two different thing, If you have valid non-immigrant status (like H1 for chigc) and have AP but don't use AP to travel (entering in USA) you shouldn't have any problem. but If you use AP then you are no on non-immigrant status anymore, so you need to start work on EAD.

In case your green card application rejected you will be out of status without any non-immigrant status.

Same time If you already use EAD (not getting EAD) you need to travel on AP, if you don't travel on AP, then your I-485 process is stoped, and you need to go with CP option with waiting out side of country.

I hope this will help.

www.immihelp.com has very good explainantion about getting AP/EAD vs using AP/EAD.

Thanks,

JB

Processing time

does anyone have an idea as to how long it normallytakes for a non-rir case to get approved once it has been opened by the DOL at Chicago.

Thanks.

receive hard copy

JB,

thanks for your updates and info post.

receive the hard copy today and here is detail

yager
Case# 054102**
Dot code: 020.067-0** (operations research analyst)
Sent to SWA: Feb 10, 2002
RD DOL: Jun. 3, 2002
AD DOL: Aug.14, 2002
RD Hard Copy: Aug. 19, 2002

yager's colleague
Case# 054086**
Dot code: 005.061-038 (transportation Eng.)
Sent SWA: Jan., 2002
RD DOL: Apr. 16, 2002
AD DOL: July 22, 2002
RD Hard copy: Aug., 2002

yager

Thanks yager,

Puneet_gcard, have you got your Labor certification approval ?
Please post details.

For EAD it's your application, (all I-485 application is done by yourself only unlike I-140 and Labor certification where you are only benificary. So wait for 6 month pass for portibility rule and file EAD by yourself without your company know, and if you are not planning to change your employee you don't need EAD card, but it will take 90 days to get EAD card, so it always good to have EAD card with you and not use it at all. Try to convice your comapny that you are not going to use it but you want to keep for yourself becuase it takes so long time to approve.

I hope this will help.

Anyone with new appoval, anyone with new DOL/ SESA application ? Please post so we can keep trand Labor easly.

Thanks,

JB

Originally posted by puneet_gcard
JBM/Gurus. I need some advice here. My company is refusing to file for my EAD card after I-485 filing when my labor gets approved. This is because I have full 6 years left on my H1-B visa. But in this case if they lay me off during I-485 then Could I still avail the 6 months portability rule by filing for an EAD card on my own. Or does it still need to be filed by my employer.

Please give my your responses here. Thanks in advance !!

Any new member for Chicago DOL/ SESA ?

Any new member for Chicago DOL/ SESA ?

Any new appoval ? any news.

Please post.

JB

jbm,GCDreamer2000,
Thanks for the information. I will talk to my attorney and see what they advice. Looking at the information available online I think jbm is correct. As long I dont use the EAD (even after it is apporved) I think I am safe to travel on my H1.

My colleague and myself are waiting for our LC's to be transferred from SESA to Regional.
Both petitions were filed on 05/20/2002 and we haven't heard back anything from the state.
Is there anybody who filed for labor around the same time frame?
Is it usual to see transfer from SESA to Regional take this long?

ucnair, Go through tracker

Check on DOL AVM 1-312-353-1059 using your company main phone number. (same number you mention on labor certification application.

I think it should reach to DOL by now. but again it depened on you DOT Code and RD at SESA.

I hope this will help.

JB

I dont have a case number to call this number though... with the phone number its got cases that were certified since Apr this year and after 15 mins or so through the phone call the system just quits.
Is there a number for the state also like the regional one?

Puneet_gcard, have you got your Labor certification approval ?

No JBM. Not yet. There have been cases approved after my case but there are 3-5 cases that have still not been approved. My case is probly among them. DOnt know why its taking so long. My case no is : 054099XX.

Already I heard case no's from 05410000 onwards being approved .

Since I work in a big company so its hard to communicate with lawyer directly. They just tell me that they would let me know when they hear something. I havent even got any receipt for case no from DOL. I found it out by calling them and giving my first and last name.

My dot code is : 030.167-014. Will keep you posted.

Hi ucnair,

There should be number for SESA (state level), My Lawyer called them to find out about the status of my application long time back, but I don't think it's open for public.

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/contacts.asp

Prevailing Wage
Illinois Department of Employment Security
401 South State Street, 7th Floor North
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 793-6805
(312) 793-5151 FAX
http://www.ides.state.il.us/employer/special/alien/aliencert.htm

Permanent Labor
Illinois Department of Employment Security
401 South State Street, 7th Floor North
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 793-6831
(312) 793-5151 FAX

But I don't think you should call by yourself, because you are only benificary, let Lawyer call them and find out about the status.

Othert thing I mention in my previous posting, that you can call 1-312-353-1059 and select option 1 = permenent application and then select 2 serch by company phone number (you don't need case number) and it will give you the information about your case with DOT code and receive date. match your DOT code from your DOL application with AVM system if it already reach to DOL.

I hope this will help you,

JB

Hi desione,

As latest we know, it was working randomly not preperly.

Have u tried recently ?

What is your case number, RD and DOT code ?\
Do you mind to share with us ?

Thanks,

JB

Dot code

Does anyone know what dot code is 163.167-018 ?
How does one find out from the AVM if the case is mine?
sdd

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.