Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Memebr and my status

Chicago Case No: 0541229X
Sent to Federal on 1st Aug.

Will appreciate, if some one can track it!

Regards
Kris

wel come sum97, chitturikp

wel come sum97, chitturikp to this forum.

Could you please post your dot-code and sesa timing so I can update tracker.

Hi ucnair,

If you go through tracker, you will find out SESa processing is taking between 50-90 days for IL. also faq provided by sdd has link where you can find out about avarege processing time for SESA and DOL.

I hope this will help.

JB

Case details

Case No - 54124xx
RD - Aug 2
Dot code - 163.167-018
I think this is mine.
jbm - could you update tracker

Cool SDD,

I will update tracker.

Form last two days AVM seems didn't update on any approval or may be not may approval.

I think it's stuck at june 4th RD with case # 0541030X.
Anyone if you find out any approval after that let us know.

Thanks,

JB

There have been approvals in the AVM today with AD as recent as 08/21/02 (RD of 06/10/02 - 06/11/02, case numbers in the 0451041X - 0541045X range).

But -- AVM seems to be down now.

I'm tracking this for a friend I'm helping. Chicago DOL seems to be speeding up RIR processing in the last week or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tracker

JBM,

Thanks for the offer.

SESA Sent: 06-01-2002
SESA RD: 06-03-02

Case No: 0541229X
DOT: 007-061-014

Sent to Federal: 08-01-2002

I hope this will help.

Kris

my case number 054114xx
DOT CODE : 030 -062-010

SESA Sent: May 18,2002

Sent to Federal: July 11, 2002

Thanks sum97 & chitturikp

I will update tracker in week end.

Hi,

I would suggest you to block last one or two digit of your case number for your privacy. (you should able to edit your posting with whole number use x or * for that)

Thanks,

JB

What is DOT code supposed to mean? Is there a place where I could find an explanation on the different kind of codes?

DOT code is standard code form Department of Labor, which is derivative from your job title and job decription according to guideline.

Usually before starting any Labor process Good Lawyer determine the appropriate DOT code for that job and find out about prevaling wage and start from there. Usually DOT code you can find out from your lawyer which might be part of form ETA-750A which you file with your state agency for labor certifcation.

Different DOT code has different processing time for SESA and DOL. It nicely explain in faq provided by sdd/wxm8.

I hope this will help you.

JB

Hard Copy not recd

Gurus/JBM. IS it a good idea to call an officer at DOL and ask whether they have mailed the hardcopy of the approval notice. I havent recd it yet and got my approval early this week.

Could that have any negative effect in any way though my case is already been approved.

Thanks in advance !!

Hi puneet_gcard,

I would suggest wait for another week, if you don't received by then, don't call by yourself. Ask your lawyer to call them.

I think it usually takes 8-10 days (some time more) to get HC.

Mean time finish your I-140 & I-485 paperwork and medical exam.
And keep everything ready for filing until hc arrive.

I think faq has good link from murthy why we should not call DOL unless it's extermly important.

I hope this will help.

JB

Thanks JBM. The problem is that my company has not even got a case no. I had called the DOL directly 3 months ago and got a case no by giving my last name and first name to the officer who was very nice.

Also my company doesnt give us direct access to the Company Attorney. We have to go thru a foreign national office which works quite in effifciently. They are saying that once attorney gets a receipt or hard copy they will forward it to me. Only then would they start preparing for paperwork for next stage. So there is no way for me to prove to them that my case has got approved since they haven got my case no yet.

So Unlike most of you lucky guys I have no access to our company lawyer directly and that is why I am lost as to what to do next since I didnt want to waste all this time in waiting.

puneet_gcard

I would suggest you to visit www.immihelp.com and keep ready medical (it has nothing to with any paperwork with your lawyer or I-140/ I-485 forms) and keep ready photograph, birth certifcate for you and your dependent. (it's totolly separate from any form only you need to go to ins apporve physician and get examination done, and it's valid for another year.

You can also download I-140 and I -485 form and see what information you have and what information you still need to collect.

I think wxm8, sachdev and nanaji9999 are doing great job by preparing same kind of faq under 485 issue forum.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57200

Please visit there and ask them any question about any document or information you have.

Don't worry about Lawyer at this point, let it take it own time, but ready from your side and celibrate labor approval.

Puneet_Gcard,

Since your case has already been approved you can go ahead and call the DOL. They will give you the details. At this stage there is no harm in asking them.

As suggested by jbm please go ahead and work on you paper work and medicals for you next stage. This will save you a lot of time.

Good Luck buddy !!!

UPDATED TRACKER.

Please post your missing/ incorrect information.

Please don't be slient browser. Be honest and post your details.

this is co-operate effort to find the trend.

Thank you.

JB

please include in tracker

Sent to SESA on 5/20
RD at SESA 5/23

2 petitions.

My colleague's and my petition were filed on the same day. Haven't heard back from our attorney whether it has been sent to Regional yet.
Please update both in the traker.
Thx
ucn

I put small FAQ regarding concurrent Filing

I put small incomplete FAQ regarding Concurrent Filing for
I140 and I485 in

ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-485 Issues > Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Thanks

FAQ

New item is marked with Bold

Incomplete FAQ on Labor Certification in Chicago

last update August 26, 2002

- Seems there are two analysts working on RIR case
- It usually takes 3 to 3.5 months for RIR cases (for most of IT) and takes about 4.5 to 5 Months for Regular cases
- It usually takes about 6 to 10 days to receive Hard Copy after your case get certified
- If you running out of time in your H1-B (close to 6 years), Is possible to make a request to DOL officer to expedite your case (give them your request and proof that you're 6 years almost up) (USE WITH YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE)

- List of phone number and email of DOL officers
Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

- Many attorneys advise that it is better not to call DOL officers directly asking about
your case, because it will irritate DOL officer and some attorneys said if they get
irritated, they will try to find fault on your file
- WebSite Link related to this issue : http://www.murthy.com/UDavoid.html

- Automated Voice Message number 312-353-1059
AVM seems to be working properly

- (From Nanaji) If you want to talk to DOL officer, the best time is around 8.30 to 9am Chicago Time
- Currently email lcstatus05@doleta.gov does not work

Here some notes regarding the status

Here is reply from DOL webmaster

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:30 PM

Subject: RE: status line

We have been having trouble with our national status system.
It is being worked on, and hopefully will be backup soon.

In the meantime you can get general information
from our web site: OWS.DOLETA.GOV/foreign.asp

Select Processing time on the right hand side of the screen (about 2 pages down)

- The status is updated on 5 am from Monday to Thursday (according to official)
- Based on observation, the status SEEMS updated on 9 am Chicago Time from Monday to Thursday and seems on 9 pm on Friday afternoon also sometimes on saturday
- (Fron mnew) On every monday, Automatic Voice Message gets updated (very long update). When you call AVM and the phone keep ringing, it means AVM update is in progress

- Based on observation
when DOL officers review cases depends on DOT Code and RIR/Non RIR

for example if you are Prof / Teacher for some college/university it gets approved very fast , within 2 weeks after RD

if you are IT related jobs, it takes about 3 to 3.5 months for RIR

if you are chef, it takes about 3-5 months for RIR

if you are cleaner/gardener , it just take couple days after RD because they have to wait very long time in local

and when they take RIR case, seems they follow the RD but it depends on the officer which case # he/she wants to review

- Currently it takes less than 1 month for your cases to be put on Automated Voice message after Local SESA send it to Chicago
- DOL Chicago WebSite http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05...cutxt.cfm#times
- DOL Website for all region http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
- jbm already provide excellent DOL Chicago tracker with the file called "chicago dol tracker excel.xls"
- If your case has not been processed according to time frame then make sure to
call your lawyer to inquiry about your case status, for example Your case has RD 4/1/2002 and today's date is August 31, 2002. When you check AVM, AVM reported that they already process case with RD 5/1/2002, it means that your case is about 2 weeks to 1 month behind. Please ask your lawyer to inquiry about your status, because there are possibilities that your case is lost or misplaced

- Some Immigration Link
www.immigration-law.com
www.shusterman.com
www.visalaw.com
www.murthy.com
www.shihab.net

Please give me more suggestion to make this FAQ useful for anybody that needs it

Status
Not open for further replies.