Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Here are my details for your FAQ

Case # 054091XX
DOT Code 030.167-014

PD 06/01/2001 Michigan
RD 04/26/2002 DOL Chicago
AD 07/31/2002 DOL Chicago
Hard Copy 08/12/2002

I would be filing I-140 and I-485 shortly.

Please let me know the fastest way to get the medicals done as it is going to take a long time for this in my area.

Thanks and Good luck:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re : sachdev

Do some research on medical office around your town and around neighbor town that will do INS medical check

For example, I just need 2 days for my medical examination
Coming on monday, get all result and medical envelope on
wednesday

So if you located in AnnArbor, do some research, maybe
there are medical office that will get your result faster in
ypsilanti

Hope it helps

Re : wxm8

Hey wxm8,

Thanks a lot for the advise. I thought we can go to the doctors in our local area only. I will try and do the research and see if I can find someone who can do it fast like you said.

Thanks once again. You are one cool sweet guy who is always there to share info with others.

See you in the I-140 forum very soon.

Take care.
Bye:D

Re : sachdev

Make sure it is OK to get medical from other neighbor town
because I have not heard that there is a law that you
can do medical check in local area only

Any new apporval ?

Anyone with update ?
New filing with Chicago DOL/ SESA ?
Punnet_gcard any news from AVM system ?

Any labor HC received ?

Let me know, I am going to update tracker.

Thanks,

JB

Labor Approved.

Case Number: 054099XX
DOT Code : 030.062.010
Regional Date: 5/28
Approval Date: 8/13

JBM. I am still waiting for approval. I am checking AVM every day but the message has not been changed yet. Will let you guys know as soon as I hear something. Thanks !!

update

Case# 054102**
Dot code : 020.067-0**

RD SWA: Feb. 2002
RD DOL: Jun. 2002
AD DOL: Aug. 14, 2002
Hard copy :??

Congratulation yager,

Could you please let us know exact RD at DOL , DOT code & job description?

Thanks,

JB

yager, Do you have two LC filed ?

yager, Do you have two LC filed ?

Becuase tracker also show your case number as 05408XXX from your old message

Thread: Chicago DOL Part 9
Preview: update

CASE# 05408***
SWA RD: Jan., 2002
DOL RD: Apr.,2002
Certified D: July, 2002
Hard copy RD: Aug.,2002
Labor Certifications yager 750 13816 6th August 2002
11:58 AM

Let us know which one is correct, or are you using somebody's user id ?

Thanks,

JB

Hi puneet_gcard

What is your case number? and what is your DOT code?, if you want to update Tracker and share with others.

Have u done your medical ? it is valid for another year, and you can keep it ready before your can get labor cretificatation.
Just thought !!:) :)

Originally posted by puneet_gcard
JBM. I am still waiting for approval. I am checking AVM every day but the message has not been changed yet. Will let you guys know as soon as I hear something. Thanks !!

Thanks yager,

If you don't mind can you give us exact DOT code and Job decription so I can update traker.

Have you done you medical yet?

Thanks

JB

SDD,

Here is updated tracker, you can use to attach with your FAQ for monday.

Any update from your lawyer ?

Thanks,

JB

Hi jbm, wxm8

Congratulations chigc & yager!!!:)

Hard copy received, I dont know when did they( attorney) received!!!

Yesterday I called them then they informed me about that.
Infact they dont even bothered to inform me about this labor certification news.
But I am still waiting for my Birth certificates
I called my cousin who is in India and he said he may get it by this weekend!!! So I may have to file some time this month ending!

What is your suggestion guruji's? do you want me to file for i-140? or wait till I get my Birth certificates then do concurrent filing? What do you suggest?

Priya:
Any news from your attorney?
any update??

Nanaji

Great Nanaji999 ,

As I undersoood from your message
The new rule give 2 option
1. File I-485 with I-140 or
2. File i-140 and wait for it receipt and file I-485 with I-140 recepit

Is it true ?

Then I think it depend up on how long your birth certificate will come or how long you will received your I-140 receipt.

How about medical, have u done that ?

Good luck,

JB

Medical exam for green card

Here I read something about medical exam we needed before we file I-485 (of course after Labor approved), but inlight of new concurent rule, you can have medical exam ready, so when your labor apporve you don't have to wait for medical exam which might take 2-3 days.

www.immihelp.com

Medical Examination
All applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. Results of the medical examination are valid for 1 year before you file I-485. After you file I-485, they are valid forever as long as I-485 is pending. So medical examination can be done well in advance even before I-140 is approved, without worrying about medical results being expiring(except that if I-140 processing takes much more than one year, God forbid.!)
The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon in your area who has been designated by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). The designated civil surgeon is responsible for the entire medical examination, and will record the results on Form I-693. The required medical exam consists of a physical examination, a tuberculin (TB) skin test and a serologic (blood) test. The designated civil surgeon must perform these tests in accordance with the Technical Instructions for the Medical Examination of Aliens in the United States, published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Due to laboratory tests, which are required, expect results in two to three days. The form I-693 will be given to you in a sealed envelope to present to the INS.You should not open the sealed envelope. Doctor also fills the supplement form to record vaccinations taken now/earlier. Some doctors may not accept the electronic printed form and may insist on the original form. Doctors usually have that form with them. The requirements of the medical examination are as follows:
Physical Examination
Required for all of ALL applicants. This consists of checking your general health like blood pressure, eyes, ears, hitting small hammer on knees and elbows. You also have to drop your pants for the doctor to check the health of your genital organs.

Tuberculosis (TB) Test
Required for all of ALL applicants. This consists of checking your general health like blood pressure, eyes, ears, hitting small hammer on knees and elbows. You also have to drop your pants for the doctor to check the health of your genital organs. Required for all applicants 2 years of age and older. Applicants under the age of 2 years may be required to have a tuberculin skin test if tuberculosis (TB) is suspected or if the applicant has a history of contact with a known TB case, or if there is any other reason to suspect TB. A chest X-ray is required only if the reaction to the TB skin test is 5mm or greater.

Serologic (Blood) Test
Required for all applicants 15 years of age and older. The serologic (blood) test will include tests for the virus that causes the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). Applicants under the age of 15 must be tested if there is reason to suspect HIV infection.

Immunizations(Vaccinations)
Along with the physical exam, immunizations(vaccinations) in accordance with the Center for Disease Control are also required. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the new vaccination requirement, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations:

measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
polio
tetanus and diphtheria toxoids(DPT)
pertussis
influenza type b (Hib)
influenza
hepatitis B
varicella
pneumococcal
To avoid any delays, you should have their vaccination records available for the panel physician's review at the time of the immigrant medical examination. Visa applicants should consult with their regular health care provider to obtain a copy of their immunization record, if one is available. If you do not have a vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available upon the recommendation of the panel physician.

Only a physician can determine which of the listed vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition.

Pregnancy and Examination
There are many Adjustment of Status applicants who are either trying for pregnancy or the wife is already pregnant. If that is the case, chest X-ray for the TB test is not allowed, even if the skin test comes out to be positive. Also vaccines like MMR can't be given. This applies to both husband and wife. In that the doctor would just give the allowed vaccines and he/she may ask that take other vaccines/ take chest x-ray after the baby is delivered. They will mostly give vaccines like tetanus, DPT only after consulting the wife's gynecologist. Also vaccines like Polio would not be necessary for adults as it would not be appropriate age to give that vaccine. The doctor might also want to get the results from the person's gynecologist tests such as blood work etc. so that they wouldn't be necessary again.

Fees
The Immigration and Naturalization Service does not charge a fee for the submittal of this form. However, remember that you must pay the Doctor and/or Laboratory fees (usually between $90.00 - $160.00 USD).

You can also find the form i-693 which you needed for medical exam @ http://www.immihelp.com/forms/i-693fill.pdf

I hope this will help.

JB

JBM/Gurus. I need some advice here. My company is refusing to file for my EAD card after I-485 filing when my labor gets approved. This is because I have full 6 years left on my H1-B visa. But in this case if they lay me off during I-485 then Could I still avail the 6 months portability rule by filing for an EAD card on my own. Or does it still need to be filed by my employer.

Please give my your responses here. Thanks in advance !!

Status
Not open for further replies.