Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
titu

i don' t think that matters at this point. it would only matter at the I-140 stage if you are planning on going for concurrently filing. Then you would have to file I-140 along with I-485. I have read on some other sites also that even after you choose CP or AOS you can file some forms and change from one to another. Changing from AOS to CP is a little longer process compared to the other way round.

That's all the info I know about. Best you should talk to your attorney. He/She would be able to give you better guidance.

hope this helps

Thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply Minn. I know one can file I-824 to change from AOS to CP during/after I-140 process. However that's exactly I wanted to know, would I have to go that route or it really doesn't matter what is written in labor application.

Tried calling my company lawyer a couple of times but they never bothered calling back. Guess I just have to say "Welcome to the process of getting GC!!" :)

BTW, have you heard of the law firm Faegre & Benson? They are supposed to be rather big but wanted to know of their performance on GC processing. Not that the company gives me the option to select a law firm but was just curious.:)

Thanks again!!

i think maybe the person handling the GC process at your work place might have some information.

I have a feeling it doesn't matter. Since both the processes are different.

I think you should post your question in a separate thread instead of this one. Since this is a common question irrespective of region you would benefit from a larger audience. Also, Jim Mills is an attorney answer questions from time to time. He might be able to help you out.

il ides acknow

saigc

frm one of the previous posts it seems IL ides sens acknowledge receipt in 3 week frm the date u sent it.

u can call the ides and ask em. i think their fone number is posted in one of the recent posts, i dont think it is earlier than 3 pages.

sertra2002

One of my colleagues case was certified by Chicago DOL on March 14th. RD at chicago was December 17th.

Checking the tracker I saw that wisc_labor_cert, c514468, rpanwar and gc_03 all have RD's near Dec 17th. So you guys please let us know if any of you hears anything.

sertra

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my colleagues case was certified by Chicago DOL on March 17th. RD at chicago was December 30th.

Checking the tracker I saw that wisc_labor_cert, c514468, rpanwar and gc_03 all have RD's near Dec 17th. So you guys please let us know if any of you hears anything.

IL labor cert

SAIGC,

My case was sent to IDES on Feb 3. There's no response too. My lawyer called today and according to the person he spoke with, 1. IDES does not send out receipts recently; 2. My case is still in queue; 3. there may or may not be a notice when the case is moved to regional office.

- Hope it is the truth and the info helpful. Anybody else in similar situation or with further information please let us know. Thanks!

Documents accompanying RIR

Hey wisc_labor_cert and all recent RIR approvals,

Can you please advise if you received the approval from Chicago (Federal) DOL upfront or did you receive any RFE.

Also can you advise what documents did you/attorney attach with your RIR petition. Specifically, did you attach a recruitment report as a part of the petition.

I guess I am just trying to figure out how easy going are the DOL officers with the RIR cases. In light of layoffs, sounds like they are getting tough with the RIR approvals.

Appreciate any advice
Thanks
Kathy

certified on 03/21

Hi guys when i sent mail to chicago labour dept , i got automated mail stating that

some of approvals from my company
Case # : 05418xxx
DOT Description : Mechanical Engineer
No. of Openings : 1
Received Regional Office: 01/21/2003
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 03/21/2003.

Case # : 05418xxx
DOT Description : Data Base Design Analyst
No. of Openings : 1
Received Regional Office: 01/21/2003
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 03/21/2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting!!!!!!!!

My case was received at DOL Chicago on 12/30/02, but no news yet. Any one around same time got approved???????

Re: Documents accompanying RIR

Originally posted by kathenj
Hey wisc_labor_cert and all recent RIR approvals,

Can you please advise if you received the approval from Chicago (Federal) DOL upfront or did you receive any RFE.

Also can you advise what documents did you/attorney attach with your RIR petition. Specifically, did you attach a recruitment report as a part of the petition.

I guess I am just trying to figure out how easy going are the DOL officers with the RIR cases. In light of layoffs, sounds like they are getting tough with the RIR approvals.

Appreciate any advice
Thanks
Kathy

I did not receive any RFE's. I am not sure about all the documents that my attorney attached with RIR petition. I do believe that they had included a recruitment report though.

To suryapet

Do you know if the cases that you quote are Regular LCs or RIR?

Also, do you know anybody who has been approved for a Regular LC from Chicago since 7/2002?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi ss_guy,

Have you received your case no from Chicago DOL? Pl update.

I am still waiting to get the case no...

Thanks.

DOL Delay in updating their systems

I have a couple of friends who are with the same employer as i'm..
Here are some stats -"food for thought!

Friend A:
received at dol:12/05/2002
cleared by dol:2/10/2003
updated on system: march 17th 2003

Friend B:
received at dol:12/30/2002
cleared by dol:2/19/2003
updated on system:3/19/2003

Mine was sent to DOL by Ides on 2/19/2003...i have no idea when DOL received it<i don't have any reason to not believe they didn't as of today>. I checked the system this morning....there is no information on the system about my file on DOL.

I have good reason to believe two things..
The BAD-It takes over 3/4 weeks for DOL to update their systems, even in cases where the labor has been cleared.

The GOOD-From the last two labor certifications and past ones from my employer's database...the typical time to clear is around 7 to 10 weeks...but u won't know about the clearence till another 2/3 weeks.

so guys..cheer up...we are doin much better than most of the remaining zones.

peace
maltu

Status
Not open for further replies.