Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iamconcerned,

First let me compliment you on a very descriptive name which most appropriatly describes how all of us must be feeling in this topsy turvy and very uncertain process of obtaining a permanent residency.

OK, now back to your question about how I found out my case, actually there is no fool proof method for that. What I did was I queried the AVM response system and got the result for two cases for my company phone around the time my case was moved to Chicago. From the two cases I selected the one that matched my salary and DOT code, and actually "assumed" that, that case was mine.

Its easier for me since my company is a small one and we only had 2 cases around the time my GC was filed. Since yours is a large organization, I guess your option is to scan all the cases and choose the ones that match your RD, salary and DOT code. If there is more than one, I am afraid there is no way to absolutly make certain which case is yours. Narrowing down (possible ??) to a few cases and follwoing them would be your best bet.

All the best,
sertra2002

AVM Update

Guys,

I was checking the AVM system today and looks like it is updated today. When I checked last week there were two cases from my company with the same Job Title and Salary. I am assuming out of these two cases one is mine, because only two cases were filed.

Now, today when I checked the AVM one of the case was certified on April 8th(which is today). Though both the cases were received at DOL on February 18th and having consecutive case numbers, only one of them got certified today and the other is still pending.

Now, I really don't know if the one certified is mine or the one pending is mine. Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Thought to let you guys know so that anyone's aplication forwarded to DOL on or before 18th, there is a chance that your case may have been certified.

Any idea how long it takes to receive the actual approval notice from DOL?.

Hi Sertra,
I am using you as a gauge here, since our PD are close to each other. My husband's case has not been updated yet. The AVM has only one case for the employer and it was certified in October. I am at a loss and worried :(

IBK

Ibukun:

my case seems to be missing from the database. It was forwared to the DOL on Jan 10th. But 2 of my friends who got there LCA certified in March last week, also has the same issue. Their cases are still not in the database.........So ur husbands might be a similar case too...

Anyway Good luck

Serta:

Thanks for suggestions and compliments... Your narrowing down suggestioon did help....but only bad news was my case was not still there...hard to believe not one of the 100 odd cases for my company the search retrived for me matched my job description. So I guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed and pray......any idea about similar situations where LCA is certified but still the system is not updated....That was the case with 2 of my friends who got certified recently......

As always GOODLUCK.. :) !!!

keep us posted

Hi jalabalajings ,
After reading your post about update to AVM system I called to check on my case, at 9:00 am (EST). Looks like the system is being updated again as I am getting a long ring and no answer, which suggestes the system being updated. It seems the system was not updated for a long time as many cases were not registering for a long time, but now we are getting many cases in the system. It seems they are catching up on some old work now :)! I would suggest to those whose cases were not in the system to keep checking as most likely one of these updates will bring them good news !

Also, I was suprprised to hear that a case with RD of Feb 18th (same as mine) was certified yesterday !? I was under the impression that only cases with RD of Dec 2002 are being certified currently. Are there any other cases whose RD is in Feb 2003 and whose case was certified ?

If possible can you give the case number (minus the last 2 numbers to safeguard the privacy of the case) that was certified? This will give us an idea what case series are near of being certified. BTW mine is 054194XX.

All the best to everyone,
sertra2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Update

Hi all,

Looks like the AVM was infact updated today. The case that I am assuming is mine (RD Feb 18) is coming up as CERTIFIED on April 8th !!!!

The other case from my company with the same date but whose case number is actually before mine, still shows status of received. I will get the confirmation if the case that is certified is in fact mine or not once my Lawyer receives copy of the apprioval.

As always I will post the update as soon as I have it.

sertra2002

HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE RECEIVE THE HARD COPY OF LCA from DOL

Does anyone know, how long it will take to receive hardcopy of the LC once it is certified from DOL .
Pretty soon i can aslo my post case information.

remand to employer

Hi,

Current status of my case id "remand to employer", I checked with my employer and he said, DOL is asking a proof of advt. we placed. Employer is sending whole news paper as a proof.

Anybody had same problem? Now how long will it take to clear?

Thanks.

LCA Certified

Friends:

my lawyer just informed me that my LCA has been certified. Funny thing is that it still is not refelected in the system. Anyway good luck to you all...I am planning to do I-140 and CP. Hope to see you all in the I-140 room very soon

My case was sent to the DOL on Jan 9th from SESA

Regards
Somewatlessconcernednow :)

Re: HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE RECEIVE THE HARD COPY OF LCA from DOL

approx. one week, and it will go to either lawyer or/ and employer/ sponsorer.

I hope this help.

JB

Originally posted by rkolmi
Does anyone know, how long it will take to receive hardcopy of the LC once it is certified from DOL .
Pretty soon i can aslo my post case information.

POST FEB 18TH DOL

Are there any cases which were certified which reached DOL after Feb 18th. Mine was sent by Sesa to DOL on the 19th of Feb 2003.

Thanx
maltu

Re: LCA Certified

Congrats mann.
So when did it reach DOL
and when was it certified?

Please update the tracker, this will help us all.
See you in a month in I-140 Forum;)

maltu
Originally posted by iamconcerned
Friends:

my lawyer just informed me that my LCA has been certified. Funny thing is that it still is not refelected in the system. Anyway good luck to you all...I am planning to do I-140 and CP. Hope to see you all in the I-140 room very soon

My case was sent to the DOL on Jan 9th from SESA

Regards
Somewatlessconcernednow :)

Re: Another Update

Congrats man:
Do you have the date when it was sent by SESA TO DOL.
Congrats again...:)

maltu

Originally posted by sertra2002
Hi all,

Looks like the AVM was infact updated today. The case that I am assuming is mine (RD Feb 18) is coming up as CERTIFIED on April 8th !!!!

The other case from my company with the same date but whose case number is actually before mine, still shows status of received. I will get the confirmation if the case that is certified is in fact mine or not once my Lawyer receives copy of the apprioval.

As always I will post the update as soon as I have it.

sertra2002

Re: Re: HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE RECEIVE THE HARD COPY OF LCA from DOL

The AVM says that my case was certified on March 4th,2003 but my lawyer has not received the hardcopy. Any idea on what needs to be done ?

Originally posted by jbm
approx. one week, and it will go to either lawyer or/ and employer/ sponsorer.

I hope this help.

JB

Thanks but...

Hey Maltu,

Thanks, but I would rather wait for the hard copy to arrive before I can surely say I got the approval. I will also update the tracker then.

My case was cleared state on Feb 3rd, sent on Feb 4th and Received by Federal on Feb 18th. (Aproved on April 8 ??) My case details are already in the tracker.

Congrats to iamconcerned who is Somewatlessconcernednow!! And wish you luck for the rest of the process.

sertra2002

sertra2002

The case numbers are 054192xx. Both the numbers are running consecutively. Both were received at DOL on Feb 18th. Both were sent from IL SESA on Feb 11th. Both have the Job title and Salary.

The AVM states that the first case sequence number was certified on April 8th. The second case is still pending.

BTW, how long does it take to receive the approval papers from DOL?. Any ideas?

when i will get hardcopy?

My LC certified on March 24th (According to AVM)still my company/attorney have not received any hard copy,when they will get,where can i call to findout about my hardcopy.

Thanks
Chandra

Status
Not open for further replies.