Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shed some light seniors

Friends,

I am new to this thread. My LCA was received by the Chicago department of Labor on the 23rd December 2002. Upto this date I haven't received the case number nor my attorney.

But, when my employer contacted the Chicago Labor office he was told that my case was forwarded to Chicago DOL on the February 11th 2003. The lady who spoke to my employer gave a reference number for further comunications. This number starts with the letter VI and then has five digits after it. The format is XX#####.

Is this the case number. I was not able to get the status either from the AVM system or through e-mail.

Can anybody shed some light on this issue?.

Thanks.

Jala

I don't think that is the case number. I think that must be your file number for IL SESA. Your case number at Chicago DOL will be a 8 digit number.

Send an email to lcstatus05@doleta.gov with your employer phone number or tax id number and you will get the case numbers of all cases filed by your employer.

You can also get the same by calling 312.353.1059, press #1 for perm applications and enter your employer's phone number.

Also if you have the phone number for the Regional office @ Chicago DOL could you post it here so it helps others.

Hope this helps.

Minn,

Thanks for your advice. I sent mail to the e-mail address you specified but did not get any response. Also I contacted the number that you specified and tried with my Employer's phone number and also the Tax ID. I am getting no reponse.

I don't have the Regional DOL Phone number. The only number that I have is the IL DOES number.

Jala

Sometimes the automated email and phone systems are down. You do not get a response back from the automated email system right away. It takes some time. In case it has taken around 6-8 hours at the minimum.

You should get something in the email by tomorrow.

Hang in there.

If you case was received by Chicago DOL in Feb, you have a long wait time to be approved. They are working on cases received in the first week of Dec yet.

Thanks Minn,

But I am trying this e-mail system for the past one week. I haven't received any reponse yet.

The AVM system replies that it is not able to find information for the Employer Phone Number that I provided. Also I tried with my Employer's Tax ID and still the AVM was not able to give me any information.

Let me wait and see.

Jala

Your case might have not been entered in the Chicago DOL system yet and that's why you are getting a negative response.

If this is the first time your employer is doing GC processing and your case has not been entered in the system you will get a negative response. If not, the system should pick up other cases besides yours.

I would keep emailing every other day.. one of these days your case should be entered in the system.

repies

the email system has been down for last 5-6 days imo. i am not getting responses either. prior to that i did get response that my tax id cud not be located.

jaljin see minn's earlier post where he mentions the telephone number for chicago DOL. please read atleast some previous posts.

Originally posted by minn_labor
Jala

Your case might have not been entered in the Chicago DOL system yet and that's why you are getting a negative response.

If this is the first time your employer is doing GC processing and your case has not been entered in the system you will get a negative response. If not, the system should pick up other cases besides yours.

I would keep emailing every other day.. one of these days your case should be entered in the system.

My case was sent from Wisconsin SESA to Chicago DOL in the first week of DEc. I still do not have my case registered on either the telephone system or email system. Both of them tell me that my employer's phone number cannot be located.

I tried bugging my attorney but I gave up since they outright told me that it is IMPOSSIBLE to talk to a live person at Chicago DOL.

Hi all

How long does it take to post cases in Chicago DOL system?
My case reached there in first week of Feb, but it does not appear in automated system.

Thanks

Any approved LC for Java / C++ ?

Any approved LC for Java / C++ ?
Hi I am looking for an approved labor for
a 7+ years experience in Java/ C++ based skills:
I have extensive experience in EAI, B2B, webMethods with very good rates.
Email me at navdeep_brar@hotmail.com

Report this post

Dec 9th cases cleared

Hello

I was just checking the other forums and saw that case sent to chicago DOL on December 9th has been cleared on feb 25th.no details on category or dot code.....BTW it is from Michigan state.

atleast its moving...............

Re: Dec Approvals for RIR Cases

Hi all:

Here are my details
Case # 05417xxx
Sent to SESA 11/07/02
Recevied @ Chicago DOL 12/30/2002

This is EB2 from IL/Chicago Filing. Minn, I think i'm trailing closely behind ure dates. Are you going for CP after the labor?

Originally posted by minn_labor
Hello Everyone

Any Dec approvals for RIR cases from MN?

Here are my details
Case # 05417xxx
Sent to SESA 10/10/02
Sent to Chicago DOL 12/20/2002
Recevied @ Chicago DOL 12/24/2002

Thanks

gc_03 which forum did you get that information from. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they must be processing cases received in the 2nd or 3rd week of Dec by now. Wishful thinking :)

Maltu..you are really trailing me. I am thinking of doing AOS instead of CP. That way i can file for 1-140 and 485 at the same time. How long does it take to get a date for CP after your I-140 gets approved.

Your thoughts?

You can contact me in private and maybe we can exchange a few more details. :)

Minn

dec approvals

not all application received on dec 9 by dol chicago have been approved. good luck to all.

btw, did sesa send any of u guys a letter saying ur case was forwarded to chicago blah blah.. and what states r u guys frm. thx.

Even I have not get letter from sesa stating that forwarding to dol,when i called them just they told forwarded dol on jan 23rd 2003.how to get case no from dol to track?

CP Process

Minn,
I have gathered some info from CP Threads in this portal. You get an interview in chennai after six months after the package 3 is logged...package 3 is around 3 months away after 140 Process completion. Don't take my word for it..these are my inferences of their stats.

I was leaning towards CP but my company said "According to our company Policy.......THE USUAL CRAP!", so..its the regular road for me...and nah i'm not filing 140 and 485 together because my company said "According to our company Policy.......THE USUAL CRAP!", ...:D

You will be seeing a lot of me around here...i like this place:)

Maltu

Thanks for the details of CP. I am leaning towards the 485 route.

Right now I am just waiting patiently to get my LC cleared. The waiting makes the winter even longer..if you know what i mean.

:D

Guys,

I called my the IL Labor office today and the lady told me that my case has been forwarded to the Chicago DOL on 11th February 2003.

She insists that my case number is of the format XX-#####. Minn was telling me that the case number is 8 digits. Now if someone could tell me who allots the case number I would have a good sleep tonight.

Does the IL state office allot me the case number (or) the Chicago DOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.