Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFE info

My PD is Mar 15th

I believe the RFE was because of the nature of job. I sell consulting services for a mid size offshore consulting firm (1000+ consultants globally). I'll hear more when my attorney gets the RFE in hand.

We have not had any major layoffs (just one or two consultants getting fired) in the last 6 months / 1 year. So it can't be coz of layoffs.

Sdd

my case NOT certified yet

my case not certified yet, I do not know what happen
hopefully I get it soon

Re :

based on Automatic Voice Mail, for e.g
your case # 05402100, for RD Jan 2, 2002
when you call AVM, you enter your case #, and you will now
the result. At the same time using AVM , you can use
to query case # 10/20 higher / below than you, to make sure
if any of that case # get certified

wxm8

your case is number is 054079xx right?

If the case number is below 05407950 i.e. close to 05407900
it will get certified fast. Because if they starts with
70XX Series, 71xx, 72xx, 73xx like that there are many chances
for the case numbers which are in the first quarter 05407000 to
05407025 to get certified! ( relatively)

What is your opinion wxm8. This is just my analysis.

Nanaji

Re: nanaji

Seems your analysis is correct but not realy applicable
the pattern seems more random,
seems up to the DOL person to pick it up because I saw
case #054079XX just 10/20 number above me already
certified by July 8 and my case has not been certified yet

I think is more depends on DOL person that pick our
cases. Seems they are not working as fast compare to
last week

Hopefully they start process much faster again :)

Incomplete FAQ again

Incomplete FAQ on Labor Certification in Chicago

updated July 9, 2002

- Seems there are two analysts working on RIR case
- It usually takes 3 to 3.5 months for RIR cases (for most of IT) and
takes about 2.5 years for Regular from your receipt date
- It usually takes about 6 to 10 days to receive Hard Copy after your case get certified
- If you running out of time in your H1-B (close to 6 years), Is possible to make a request
to DOL officer to expedite your case (give them your request and proof that you're 6 years
almost up) (USE WITH YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE)
- List of phone number and email of DOL officers
Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

- Automated Voice Message number 312-353-1059

- (From Nanaji) If you want to talk to DOL officer, the best time is around 8.30 to 9am
Chicago Time
- Currently email lcstatus05@doleta.gov does not work
- The status is updated on 5 am from Monday to Thursday and seems on 9 pm on Friday afternoon
also sometimes on saturday

- it takes about two months for your cases to be put on Automated Voice message after Local SESA
send it to Chicago
- DOL Chicago WebSite http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05/Pages/Acutxt.cfm#times

Please give me more suggestion to make this FAQ useful for anybody that needs it

Labor Cert in DOL Chicago Area

I have two questions.

Question 1
I live in IL (not Chicago). When I tried to file
LC I was advised to run specific Ad in CHICAGO TRIBUNE even though my employer had run ads in a local paid newspaper.This was recommended by my Attorney.My only way to check whether I am doing
more than required by DOL is to check similar cases.

Have any of you that live well outside Chicago
but inside IL been advised/asked by DOL to re-run Ads in Chicago Tribune inspite of having run Ads in local newspaper of major circulation. Have any of you that fall in
my 'Non-Chicago but IL' residence category been able to get approvals just by showing Ads in local newspapers in your town and area.Your experience and replies would greatly help me.Please make it a point to state the relevant dates too.

Question 2
Is it possible to track LC status through an email from DOL Chicago Centre.If so please provide me with the email and format (Body/Subject requirements)

Thanks and Regards

There is nothing more than required by DOL.

RAJESHTL,

Instead of getting REF in this economy, you can always do more than required. I think your lawyer is right, you need to publish advertisement in chicago tribune (it's goes by cirulation number not by name, same like tv rating or web site hit). It's not mearly advertsiment for shake of advertisement. But you company has to show genuine approch. You can also include add ran by your company in local news paper as addtional efforts. IF you want to go for RIR (reduction in time/ requirement), Please follow Lawyer's advise, and don't take risk.

Although I am not 'Non-Chicago' but IL, but I had very much discusstion with my attorney becuase our HR didn't want to publish advertisement in Leading news paper.

And if you read faq from wxm8 carefully from yesterday, it clearly says email system doesn't work currently, but you can use AVM system using company number after your case aprove and transfer from SESA (state) to DOL (regional).

I hope this will help.

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Some note on AVM

There is some change in AVM, when you call them
Instead of getting "MODEM Answer" when the cases
still in queue, it changes to the case has been
received in regional office. Do not be Alarm :)

Re: There is nothing more than required by DOL.

HI JBM

Thanks for the info. I am indeed following
my attorney's advice very strictly.In fact I have even accepted for educational credentials review inspite of having a master's in computers when the job required only a bachelor degree.

What is very interesting is that I have a co-worker and between me and him we have the same qualification and occupy the same job and are both Labor aspirants. My co-worker is counsulting is a different lawyer who seems to be ok with local Ads
whereas my Lawyer has asked me to run specifically in Chicago Tribune. My coworker's priority date is Mar-03-2002 and do you think he should expect approval shortly

thanks

Originally posted by jbm
RAJESHTL,

Instead of getting REF in this economy, you can always do more than required. I think your lawyer is right, you need to publish advertisement in chicago tribune (it's goes by cirulation number not by name, same like tv rating or web site hit). It's not mearly advertsiment for shake of advertisement. But you company has to show genuine approch. You can also include add ran by your company in local news paper as addtional efforts. IF you want to go for RIR (reduction in time/ requirement), Please follow Lawyer's advise, and don't take risk.

Although I am not 'Non-Chicago' but IL, but I had very much discusstion with my attorney becuase our HR didn't want to publish advertisement in Leading news paper.

And if you read faq from wxm8 carefully from yesterday, it clearly says email system doesn't work currently, but you can use AVM system using company number after your case aprove and transfer from SESA (state) to DOL (regional).

I hope this will help.

JB

Hi RAJESHTL

It's always be safe than sorry, and I think you have good lawyer, who doesn't want to take chance.

And I can understand educational credentials review for your bachelor degree, becuase as you said the job requirment is for bachelor.

If you can work with your HR deprement and change job descdiption for Master requirement then you don't have to do educational credentials review for your bachelor degree and you might eligable for EB2 category, and added benifit you will reduce number of applicant dramatically. (but it's my personal advise, you know better your HR and how hard to work with them)

If your co-worker application goes through SESA , approved and transfer to DOL, then you can call AVM system (Automated Voice Message number 312-353-1059 ) and enter your company number it will give RD (status) for DOL and you can count 3-4 months from that date provided there is no REF from DOL.

JB

jbm : have you get any change to update tracker ?

jbm : have you get any change to update tracker ?

Now it's official

Hi all,

currently Email system lcstatus05@doleta.gov doesn't work for status update.

Here is reply from DOL webmaster

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:30 PM

Subject: RE: status line

We have been having trouble with our national status system. It is being worked on, and hopefully will be backup soon.

In the meantime you can get general information from our web site: OWS.DOLETA.GOV/foreign.asp

Select Processing time on the right hand side of the screen (about 2 pages down)

Hi wxm8,

I did update DOL tracker, but not done. I think I will definately done in week end if not earlier.

Thanks,

JB

jbm : when you done with tracker

jbm : when you done with tracker, let me know so I can
put that together with FAQ

Thanks for working on tracker jbm

Just some idea, when the person that maintain faq/tracker and
his/her case gets certified, there must be a way to pass
this "volunteer" job to somebody else , so it will still benefit for all the new comer

Let me know guys

AVM info & security check

Hi: I have two questions. First, is there difference in processing speed between RIR and non_RIR case in DOL. How do I know from AVM if the case is RIR and non-RIR case? Secondly, I have not decide which route I am going to go in term of CP or I-485. I understand that I need scurity check for CP. However I was born in China, but a Canadian citizen. My question is that do I need chinese security check document? ( I left china to canada at 17 yrs. ) Thanks haibo

About I140

Hi,
Could anyone help me with the answer.
Does I140 stage have EB2 and EB3 diffrence.If so at present nebraska is procesissng what date for EB3 and EB2.
When I see in Immigration website I dont find the information.

Thanks
Priya

Status
Not open for further replies.