Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends

ravib said:
Hi LSR5 and Uradvise,

Good to hear thar your cases moved to DOL.

How did you get to know that your case moved to DOL. Letter from state dept or calling them ? Mine was filed on Oct 23rd from IL. So far my lawyer did not get any news. I am still waiting...

Don't know if it is moved to DOL. Site shows that they r processing Dec cases (State)

Thanks
Ravi

I called Lidia(IL SWA officer) on June 17th to findout about my case status as i didn't get any letter from IL SWA since Nov'03. She said that, it was transfered to IL DOL on June 15th electronically and she gave me the case number based on my company name & my last name....

So, i called the AVM last friday and i found that my case was made to it. I have checked my case using option 1 & then option 2(employee telephone number). So, i got all the details about my case.... I don't know whether my attorney got anything from IL SWA or IL DOL.....

Thanks,
LSR5 :)

chic-DOL,so in effect,what is the summary of that explanation? also, i am confused when it says now they will handle the old 'perm' cases..? i thought perm was coming up later this year..?

Chicago DOL Processing speed

Well its nice of her to give detail explanation. I Expected this when the reorganization happened. But any word on how and when are they going to speed up the process ?

Thanks
Pal.

chicago DOl processing speed

What I understood from the post that DOL will resume perm RIR processing from Auguat (not to mention in a very slow pace) ......First they will clear the RFE/NOF cases before Dec 17th and then move to new cases

Checked AVM and found no new/RFE cases processed .

What the lady meant must be,
they start processing RIR cases from now on,
till December at least,
on average they were doing
a month in a month,
so in the next 4 months till December or maybe five they will polish off
cases from December 17th to maybe May 17th.
After that, same old same old,
back to H2B H3B or whatever temp labor.
In the meanwhile the poor NON-RIR guys can wait for backlog reduction center or the garbage bin.
So cross your fingers RIR guys and let us here the good news,
any news is good so long as some of us are getting approved.
Its nice to see any approvals.

Bad News

call DOL ...still processing backlogs ...I was told it will be another 2 MONTHS until they start processing Dec 17th fresh cases again....I confirmed NOT two weeks ,but TWO MONTHS.......

We are screwed ....... No doubt.....

Hi guys,
I have been a mute spectator since long time. I thought of sharing this with you guys, i just got off from chic dol, the kind operator connected me to analyst, she said " We started processing new RIR cases slowly, but current date of processing of RIR cases is 17th DEC 2003. I asked for an tentative estimate of my case(RIR, ND: 13th jan 2004), she do not have an answer". This is going to be wild and bumpy road. How come chic-dol got a different reply? Which one is true?? Any thoughts???

What ever may be the response, bottom line is.. they are stuck on DECEMBER 17.. and GOD only know when they will move on...

Here is The reason Why Chicago LC RIR get slow

Got an email with the details below....would like to share with all of you.

Explanation on the slowdown of RIR alien labor certification processing at USDOL-Chicago: AILA’s Liaison Chair for the ODJFS/DOL (Ohio State Agency/US Dept. of Labor-Chicago) has forwarded the following email to AILA attorneys from Ms. Chris Gonzalez at the USDOL-Chicago, explaining the slowdown in processing from the Regional Office in Chicago:

I've noticed that within this last week, I have been inundated with a lot of calls fm attorneys/employers asking why we have stopped processing cases.

Pls pass the word on to your Chapter members that we have not stopped processing cases. What has happened is that in December 03, the Kansas City, MO Regional Office officially became part of the Chicago Regional Office through reorganization. The workload that once existed in FLC (MO temporary H-2A and H-2B case processing) has now become part of this office's workload. Although the reorganization was effective in December, FLC has been unable to pick up additional staff to handle this increased workload. As a result, case processing on the perm side has come to a slow crawl...........I have had to shift staff from reviewing perm cases to reviewing temp cases during the the H-2A/H-2B activity season (which runs about 8-10 months). As you know, these cases carry priority because of legislative timeframes built into the programs. If you remember, I addressed this issue at the AILA Conference.

This FY has been extremely busy for those staff shifted in the temp programs. Last FY we only had to deal with a 6-month review of temp cases because we took over the programs in March of last year. However, this FY we started receiving cases at the beginning of the activity season and it has not stopped. The activity season starts up each year in December (hence, the December 17th stop date on RIRs) and starts slowing down around August. Since MO had a heavier concentration of H-2A/H-2B case processing (this Region did not) it has had an impact on perm case processing. However, now that it has slowed down somewhat, I have ask staff to revisit those perm cases that were pending on their desks before they start pulling any new cases. In all fairness and for consistency sake, case reviews must be handled in this manner.

I hope this explanation will ease the panic that appears to be taking hold out there in the Immigration community. Pls pass this information on to your Chapter members.

plz help boyoboy

can any one explain how to find status on AVM?when i called i put phone no but there is more then one case so how i can know which is my case?i am zero in this avm sys plz help me out.

Although the reorganization was effective in December, FLC has been unable to pick up

Can we apply for these positions, looks like they do not have enough number of qualified, trained US citizens to process these papers. It will be easy to get labor done, they won't even need any proof.
;)

NOF from chicago dol

Hi
received NOF from chigo dol.
details:
NON-RIR(limited review)
DOL RD: 11/24/03

here is the history of case.
I did internship with compnay X for two summers, and after that I was employed as fulltime on h1b.
when doing job recruitment for the labor my lawyer put the internship experience as work experience requirement in the ETA 750 form. Now I got NOF from dol saying that "I obtained the experience from the employer seeking certification". and "the employer must submit conceret document that worker met the work experience requirement prior to being hired by the employer"

Ill appreciate if anyone had this kind of situation.
Thanks
-labordude

Last edited by a moderator:
New to this forum

Hi,

I am new to this Chicago DOL forum. My file moved to Chicago from Michigan, on July 16th. My company's lawyer got this info yesterday. I will post the RD and ND for the tracker, as I receive them.

Labordude: You mentioned, limited review. What does that mean?

Cheers

Higcoptimist

labordude said:
Hi
received NOF from chigo dol.
details:
NON-RIR(limited review)
DOL RD: 11/24/03

here is the history of case.
I did internship with compnay X for two summers, and after that I was employed as fulltime on h1b.
when doing job recruitment for the labor my lawyer put the internship experience as work experience requirement in the ETA 750 form. Now I got NOF from dol saying that "I obtained the experience from the employer seeking certification". and "the employer must submit conceret document that worker met the work experience requirement prior to being hired by the employer"

Ill appreciate if anyone had this kind of situation.
Thanks
-labordude

LaborDude,

I think you are in deep trouble because it is very important that you receive experience on the position being applied for from a different employer (other than the one sponsering you) Your previous experince can be from any other country as well. So if you had any such experience back home I would suggest you get a certificate or a letter from previous company verifying your experience and qualification.

Good luck

Non-rir

Hello everybody,

I just learned about the Baclog Reduction plan from the Labor Dept. Sounds pretty interesting and is good news for all of us whose application is collection dust in the Labor Dept.

Anyways I have learned that these offices will be located at Philadelphia and Dallas respectively. Does anyone know how they will handle the chicago regional cases. I mean will the regional cases of PA and TX be given priority or will they start with Chicago. Will they do RIR or NON-RIR first?Or will it just be random? Any views, ideas will be appreciated..

Anyways good luck to all.....

higcoptimist said:
Hi,

I am new to this Chicago DOL forum. My file moved to Chicago from Michigan, on July 16th. My company's lawyer got this info yesterday. I will post the RD and ND for the tracker, as I receive them.

Labordude: You mentioned, limited review. What does that mean?

Cheers

Higcoptimist
Can I know when was your cased filed in Chilcago (IL State)? is it RIR? or NON-RIR?

Status
Not open for further replies.