Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chic-dol said:
congrats Rajeev...

Good to know that DOL is processing Dec 1st week RFE cases.Hopefully they will be done with RFE in another 2/3 weeks adn resume processing new ones...

Do you know if they are going to resume the applications received after Dec 17th or they are going to backlog reduction centers. Its very frustrating to not know whats going to happen of the applications rec'd after Jan. Mine was send to DOL in May 3rd week. Did anyone called DOL to inquire if they will resume the normal processing.

Question on transfered date and AVM receipt date

Question on transfered date and AVM receipt date

If a case was transfered to DOL in June and AVM is updated sometime in September regarding that case.....when would that case be handled by DOL is it when DOL is working on June cases or Sept cases? Not that 2 months make a difference but I wanted to understand the difference between the two.

Thanks.

:)

NOF from Chicago dol

Hi guys,
Got NOF from chicago dol. I don't know what it's abt as I just heard it on AVM and my lawyer did not get the papers yet. How bad is a "NOF"? What is the difference between "NOF" and "RFE".

thanks

gcbeku said:
Hi guys,
Got NOF from chicago dol. I don't know what it's abt as I just heard it on AVM and my lawyer did not get the papers yet. How bad is a "NOF"? What is the difference between "NOF" and "RFE".

thanks

Can you please share some more info your case i.e. PD ,DOT etc ?

DOT Job codes

Can somebody please give me the link from where a list of all DOT Job codes can be obtained?

Thanks

DOL reman to State

Hi

After 11 months of wait, my case have been reman to Kansas state.

Can anyone suggest what should I do? and what can be the probable reason of Chicago sending it back to Kansas?

THanks
Sahai

chic-dol said:
Is it RIR or NON-RIR ?
what is the RD in chicago DOL ?
Was your case remanded in state as well ?

It is RIR

what RD means, if it means Reply Date, then this was posted on 8 july 2004

Yes, my case was remanded to kansas

What should I do?

Some Great :) news from DOL regarding Backlog Reducation

Labor Certification Backlog Reduction Regulation Release Imminent, 07/21/04

AILA has learned that the DOL will release this regulation probably on July 21, 2004. AILA has also obtained a copy of the regulation which will be released as the Interim Final Regulation. The regulation will be implemented in 30 days from the date of publication in the federal register. The regulation is very short and does not go into the details. The skeleton of the backlog reduction are as follows:
The Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, William Carlson, is designated as the "National Certifying Officer." This Officer has two authorities under the regulation:
Determination of which existing cases at the state offices and the regional certifying officers offices should be transferred to the national reduction processing centers, involving obviously the decision to transfer when, how, in what sequences, etc. The regulation provides that the details on this issue be stipulated and released in the form of "Directives."
National Certifying Officer will perform adjudication of certain cases which the processing centers deemed necessary because of the issues involved. These cases will be handled and decided by the National Certifying Officer.
The backlog reduction centers will perform the jobs of the current state offices and the regional certifying officers offices for the cases which are transferred to the backlog reduction center. In this regard, the backlog reduction center changes from the current two-tier (state-regional) system to one-tier system just like the upcoming PERM program operation.
The details have yet to be developed and announced by the DOL as to how this regulation will be actually implemented. It is, however, important to learn that the backlog reduction job will go into operation in a month or so from now. Good news, indeed......

Source http://www.immigration-law.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Sahai,
Rd is received date.Do you know when your case was received in chicago DOL ?
dont worry about the Remand.In chicago DOL ,Remand to employer or remand to state is a common thing.You need to wait until your lawer gets a letter from DOL regd. the reason for Remand.Most likely it would be wage related or more experience related.

Good luck!!!!

Remand to Kansas

Hi

Chicago received date is 9-Sep-04.
Remand receive date is 8-Jul-04.

Is there anything I should ask my lawyer regarding this?

checked AVM .some Dec 15th RFE cases are also certified.BUT NO NEW CASE .God knows what the DOL is upto after processing RFEs.....Non-RIR may be...

I got it..

My LC got Certified.

details:
RIR case, applied in Oct 2003 from IOWA
DOL RD: 12/9/03
REF: 5/14/04 (more ads)
Replied: 7/11/04 ( 10 ads)
Certified: 7/14/04

Good luck to all in waiting...

alvin said:
My LC got Certified.

details: