Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some RFE cases that got approved lately. I am hoping that after they clear these , they will get back to the new RIR ones , since PERM is nowhere in sight. Chicago moves fast otherwise. hopefully they'll get back t their old game. ;)

newcomer_2004

newcomer_2004,

I would say your attorney is correct.

Here is my case :
I was told that my case was forwarded to Chicago DOL on January 19, 2004. You know what is the recvd date?!! RECVD DT is March 10, 2004! And it showed up in the AVM in the last week of June 2004!!

It is quite possible in the game of INS!

Don't worry yours will show up soon.

Regards,
Udai

LongestLabor said:
Hi CharlesMighty,
You made my day,beat me by 9 months?
Man, you are really patient,
think you will get yours in the next 3 months,
well, no one has come forward on the lawsuit,
which means all of us don't mind waiting?

Honestly, I really do not have a clue as to when I will get my approval. Its been so long and DOL is stuck at regional level with aug2002. am not sure when they will start processing it. My PD is aug1st2002 at regional level so the very next case they process will be mine. Lets wait and see how it goes.
BTW what is ur regional PD?

Mine is April 2003, quite a long ways from yours.

charlesmighty said:
Honestly, I really do not have a clue as to when I will get my approval. Its been so long and DOL is stuck at regional level with aug2002. am not sure when they will start processing it. My PD is aug1st2002 at regional level so the very next case they process will be mine. Lets wait and see how it goes.
BTW what is ur regional PD?

USCIS might retrogress some Visa numbers

Hi All,

This information is not to worry anyone(including myself), but just so that you are all aware... Please see the following column in the July 2004 visa bulletin issued by USCIS. If this happens to India too, then we are screwed man.

D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS
As mentioned in the June Visa Bulletin, cut-off dates have advanced very quickly during past two years, and it appears that CIS had begun to address their backlog of adjustment of status cases. As a result there has been a significant increase in demand for numbers in many categories. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it may be necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates in August or September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. It is particularly possible that there could be retrogressions in some Mexico and Philippines cut-off dates.

Link: http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/2004-07.html

This means, the "Priority Dates" would come into effect for filing your I-485. Currently everything is current. So Employment based categories(EB1, EB2, EB3) do not have a Priority date. So in lay man terms, If Visa numbers get retrogressed, Even though your Labor gets cleared, you would not be able to file your next stage until your PD becomes current, might be 1 yr, 2 yrs god knows how long. Amen

Did anybody check which date thety have reached for RFE processing ?Or did anybody talk to the operator recently.I verified some of the Dec 15th RFE case...still RFE...

Ilwaiting said:
This means, the "Priority Dates" would come into effect for filing your I-485. Currently everything is current. So Employment based categories(EB1, EB2, EB3) do not have a Priority date. So in lay man terms, If Visa numbers get retrogressed, Even though your Labor gets cleared, you would not be able to file your next stage until your PD becomes current, might be 1 yr, 2 yrs god knows how long. Amen

I think your company can apply for I 140 for you ... but you can't apply for adjustment of status if no visa number is available for you ... you will have to wait for an available visa number , which in effect would stop concurrent applications

Dr Sarah said:
I think your company can apply for I 140 for you ... but you can't apply for adjustment of status if no visa number is available for you ... you will have to wait for an available visa number , which in effect would stop concurrent applications

Dr Sarah ..does this visa number mean the A# on the I-485 ?

Applicable for I-130 petetioners outside US

Ilwaiting said:
Hi All,

This information is not to worry anyone(including myself), but just so that you are all aware... Please see the following column in the July 2004 visa bulletin issued by USCIS. If this happens to India too, then we are screwed man.

D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS
As mentioned in the June Visa Bulletin, cut-off dates have advanced very quickly during past two years, and it appears that CIS had begun to address their backlog of adjustment of status cases. As a result there has been a significant increase in demand for numbers in many categories. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it may be necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates in August or September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. It is particularly possible that there could be retrogressions in some Mexico and Philippines cut-off dates.

Link: http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/2004-07.html

Dont worry about the cut-off dates which is applicable to I-130 petetioners outside the United States. Look at the info from www.immigration-law.com

07/15/2004: USCIS Will Not Adjudicate I-130 Petitions Until Priority Date Becomes Available

Today, USCIS announced that the Service Centers would cease to adjudicate the I-130 Relative Petitions until the visa number would become available for the classifications. Accordingly, it advises the I-130 petition approval waiters to ignore the processing times which were printed in their Receipt Notices.
The policy will affect the immigrant visa application procedure for the immigrant visa applicants residing abroad. Currently, the National Visa Center is commencing the processing of immigrant visa application at least six months before the reach of priority date, helping the immigrant visa applicant to complete the IV application processing relatively early. This NVC practice is available because the USCIS send the I-130 approval notices to the NVC. Under the new USCIS procedure, it will not adjudicate I-130 petitions until the priority date becomes available and the NVC will not be able to process the immigrant visa application proceedings prior to certain later date after reaching the priority date on the Visa Bulletin. As a consequence, the family-based IV applicant of preference categories will experience delays in processing of their application.
For those who reside in the U.S., the new procedure will not affect the processing times of I-485 since I-485 cannot be filed until I-130 is first approved even under the current practice.
However, there are a number of areas in the immigration statutes which determine certain benefits by the approval of I-130 petitions, even though most of the benefits are attached by the date of filing (priority date) of I-130 petition, 245(i) benefit for instance. The immigration lawyers should analyze the types of benefits that can be negatively affected by the USCIS policy change on adjudication of I-130.
For the USCIS announcement, please click here.

How do I check my company's applications?

What is AVM? I want to check if my case is in DOL. What is the number? What do I need to provide? I have read before about Employer Tax ID number,is it the same as EID number on W2?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Brijesh

i really need some pointers

I called the AVM number and it says 'No more cases' for labor applications for my employer. My case was forwarded electronically from SESA to DOL on April 1st.

What do I do? How do I find out the receipt date?

Thanks in advance.

Brijesh

linuxrox said:
Dr Sarah ..does this visa number mean the A# on the I-485 ?

I really don't know... Anyway I don't think we have to worry about that yet... I don't see any major improvement in processing times that would warrent unavailability of visa numbers for immigration through employment

Have you looked at my post above...

Dr Sarah said:
I really don't know... Anyway I don't think we have to worry about that yet... I don't see any major improvement in processing times that would warrent unavailability of visa numbers for immigration through employment

:)
udaippan said:
newcomer_2004,

I would say your attorney is correct.

Here is my case :
I was told that my case was forwarded to Chicago DOL on January 19, 2004. You know what is the recvd date?!! RECVD DT is March 10, 2004! And it showed up in the AVM in the last week of June 2004!!

It is quite possible in the game of INS!

Don't worry yours will show up soon.

Regards,
Udai

Hi Udai,

Thank you for your prompt response!

Share an old news with you guys. My friend's case was forwarded to Chicago in Nov. 10th, 2003 and the receipt date is Nov. 14th, 2003. He got RFE (remand to retest market) in April. I think his company keeps posting ads. every two months. After sending Chicago relevant documents, he got his labor certified in June.

Good luck to all of us.

Have a nice weekend.

Newcomer_2004

approved

Guys
Per AVM my LC has been approved. It has been long journey of 3 years starting from California and ending in Chicago.

Applied IOWA - Oct 2003
IOWA AD - NOV 2003
Chicago DOL RD - DEC 2004 First week
RFE - Mid June ( No Idea about RFE since company did not provide detail)
RFE - Replied on first week of July.
AD - 15th July. :)

My California Labor is stilling pending for last 3 years :mad:

Hope to see you guys in 140 Forum.

Thanks
Rajeev

congrats Rajeev...

Good to know that DOL is processing Dec 1st week RFE cases.Hopefully they will be done with RFE in another 2/3 weeks adn resume processing new ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.