Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pal8 said:
Hello All,
I think it would be much better to contact the DOL / director to know exactly whats happening on the labor processing. As I understand few my friends cases which were pending in SESA's various states has moved to Dallas (instead their region). SO lets try and get information on the backlog centers first before writing to senators.

Regards
Pal.
Do you know which state was your friend file the labor (SESA)? My labor was approved from Minnesota on August 30. I have been reading this forum regularly. My second H1B is expiring in Feb. Is there any hope for me to see my LC reviewed before that? My labor was filed with the state of Minnesota on April 5, 2004. My lawyer is saying I can not get one year extension unless my labor is pending for more then one year.

chicago labor

does anyone know when a case gets assigned to an analyst ? My case reached chic DOL on apr 21 , and its not assigned to an analyst (acc t the operator)

Hi Rasheed..

raheelsajid said:
Do you know which state was your friend file the labor (SESA)? My labor was approved from Minnesota on August 30. I have been reading this forum regularly. My second H1B is expiring in Feb. Is there any hope for me to see my LC reviewed before that? My labor was filed with the state of Minnesota on April 5, 2004. My lawyer is saying I can not get one year extension unless my labor is pending for more then one year.

Yes I do know the States . These states are normally under Denver region and all thses cases were transfered to Dallas( according to the information from the attorney's office). Its early to come to some conclusion with out the actual factors, if guys can post all the information available we will be able to asses whats going on.

Further to your question I'm not sure whats the processing time in Minesota SESA and DOL(chicago) . Your Lawyer is correct. We need to wait and see what happens on the Processing time.

Lets hope the BRC do the good to every one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bazuka6 said:
does anyone know when a case gets assigned to an analyst ? My case reached chic DOL on apr 21 , and its not assigned to an analyst (acc t the operator)

Could you please pass on the number where I can reach an opertor? As I understand this is a different number and not the AVM... thanks.

Help

Here is my story:
File my LCA 14th Nov 2003 from IOWA
Transfered to Chicago on 2nd Jan 2004. Still waiting.... :(

My H1-B 6 years r finishing in Nov 17th 2004.

When should i apply for my 7th year??? Is there any harm if i do it sometime this month or should i wait???
Can anyone throw some light here???

thanks much.

shail007 said:
Here is my story:

When should i apply for my 7th year??? Is there any harm if i do it sometime this month or should i wait???

thanks much.

Shail007,

You can only apply after 365 days have been over since the time you filed for your Labor Cert. In crux you can file for 7th Year extension only after Nov 14 2004.

Processing Time

Does anyone here know if the processing time different for each state under a particular region? So for example IA and MN are both under Chicago region. Would Chicago be processing applications for each state under this region on different date? How does it work?

commnets on new backlog centers

Puhrince, I think DOL asking for commnets on new backlog centers. If anyone interested they can submit their comments by Aug 20th.

backlog

if chicago apps go to backlog centers they will only be buried under the thousands already stiing in dallas/philly. remember apps are processed on first come/first serve basis. dallas is processing oct 2002 now

bazuka6 said:
if chicago apps go to backlog centers they will only be buried under the thousands already stiing in dallas/philly. remember apps are processed on first come/first serve basis. dallas is processing oct 2002 now

So what is the altrenative?? Can we hope anything positive in terms of moving dates for Federal Apps in Chicago soon?? or Have to look for other alernatrives??

img123 said:
So what is the altrenative?? Can we hope anything positive in terms of moving dates for Federal Apps in Chicago soon?? or Have to look for other alernatrives??

i think chicago will move starting agugust end , and will cover 2 -3 months till end of year...thats the best bet

bazuka,ur wrong..why would they do that? they are creating new backlong centers,not adding onto dallas and philly..

I am new to this thread. My Case moved to the Federal on July 20 2004.
- How much time is it taking in Fedral to get cleared ?
- Any news about opening of new Backlog processing centers for Chicago region and weather that will speed up the process or make it further slow?
Please advise. Thanks.

shail007 said:
Here is my story:

thanks much.

SHAIL007,

To file extension for your H1-b you would need LCA (labour condition application), which labour department does not issue more then 6 month before the experation of existing LCA. If your H1-b's 6th year is expiring on 17th of Nov, you can file for 7th year extension as early as 18th of June 2004.

backlog does not apply to chicago until PERM is implemented. So until PERM is implemented, no apps are going to BRC. Guys, someone had proposed that we write to senators . Instead of debating whether it goes to BRCs or not lets draft a letter for the senator. In all other regions that has helped.

shail007 said:
Here is my story:

thanks much.

You can file for the 7th year ext only after you have completed 1year after filing your LC (GC stage1).

yeah bazuka i had proposed it..we should write to them - is there a way we can collect all info from all the other threads (where people have written) and format a letter? i don't know how it works because we are from different states under one federal (chicago)..so do we talk to local senators from our respective states or a single guy in chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.