Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAN'20th 2004

I called the DOL, Chicago and learned that they are processing the applications for Jan'20th. 2004 in the RIR category.

Probably thats good news alteast for some people. Please post any updated to your personal cases that fall in this timeframe

Cut off dates going to be implemented for AOS

Look at the article Backlog Reduction may Impact Employment Priority Dates in murthy.com bulletin. Once you read the the article, you come to the conclusion that getting a US Green Card is a myth.

i am not sure if that is true

i called up a while ago and they refused to give out any date info.

they hinted that they still might be on dec 17

Which state did you file your LC in? I am actually trying to find if the delay in Chicago for all the states in the region or is it specific to any particular states. Thanks

DOL Processing 20th January is great news IF(a big IF) the operator is right.
No status update on AVM on Dec 17th/18th cases.
I called DOL and she was not friendly this time...she said she does not know which date ...MAY BE Dec17th........

JAN 20th 2004

I told the operator upfront that I am the Employee and not an employer or attorney and Also I told her I was just calling to know which PD were they processing and not specifically mine.

He was really helpful and she said, they were processing JAN 20, 2004.

I think, I beleive her and we will have to wait for the AVM to get updated in couple of days to get a confirmation.

Hope for the best guys!!

PS: If you guys don't mind cross checking this info, make your employer or your attorney call to confirm this so that we will have some peace of mind.
:)

raheelsajid said:
Which state did you file your LC in? I am actually trying to find if the delay in Chicago for all the states in the region or is it specific to any particular states. Thanks

I dont think any state under the DOL's jurisdiction matters when they receive the apps. They assign a case# and a PD at DOL(regional) the day they receive the app from the state(any state) and they process accordingly.

Hence the sequential order in which they process the app is indifferent to states. But, the actual processing could be different. Because the job at the regional level is to test the waters in that particulat state again and then certify it. So, probably, I mean "Probably" the processing time is different.

Its just my speculation.

Good news !!!

Hi guys

Looks like good news. There has been lot of efforts on clearing the back log as I understand from my attorney. If guys can post details on the cases which has got approved it will be great. And I know every one is curious, however we need to refrain from Calling frequently and try to gather as much as facts from our own resources. So if you got any approvals from your company or for friends kindly post it.

Regards
Pal.

You mentioned He was really helpful and she said, they were processing JAN 20, 2004.. Is that operator he or she?
I saw your message and called DOL 5 to 6 times. Nobody lifting the phone...

cincidude said:
I told the operator upfront that I am the Employee and not an employer or attorney and Also I told her I was just calling to know which PD were they processing and not specifically mine.

He was really helpful and she said, they were processing JAN 20, 2004.

I think, I beleive her and we will have to wait for the AVM to get updated in couple of days to get a confirmation.

Hope for the best guys!!

PS: If you guys don't mind cross checking this info, make your employer or your attorney call to confirm this so that we will have some peace of mind.
:)

That was a Type

Its was a "SHE". And now that I think of it, probably I jumped the gun. The more I think of it, I guess she was telling me the dates for "IL SESA" instead of the DOL date.

Anyways, guys, lets hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator:
DOL update

I checked with operator again today.

she said they are processing cases of Dec 17th still. My PD is Jan 2nd 2004.
She asked to wait for another 2-3 months.

????? :(

stop calling them..i think we are bothering them too much..it would be better if we either wait or take some action

08/05/2004: Philadelphia/Dallas Backlog Reduction Centers Contractor Job Opportunitie

The U.S. DOL reportedly awarded the contract to a private contractor in Lamham, Maryland, on June 30, 2004, named Exceed Corportion, to handle processing of the permanent labor certification applications at the Philadelphia and Dallas Backlog Reduction Processing Centers. The contract amount is $16,079,413.00. The Exceed Corporation is currently actively recruiting people to fill the positions including 60+ Analysts each to work at the Philadelphia and Dallas Centers. These jobs can open an opportunity for some of the current state labor certification staffs to get a job which they are familiar with.

shail007 said:
I checked with operator again today.

she said they are processing cases of Dec 17th still. My PD is Jan 2nd 2004.
She asked to wait for another 2-3 months.

????? :(
Did she tell why? If it takes them 2-3 months to process cases filed between Dec 17 and Jan 02 it would take almost a year to clear the Feb 2004. Mine was sent to Chicago DOL from Iowa on Feb 6, 2004 and I'm not able to get any info from AVM.

puhrince said:
The U.S. DOL reportedly awarded the contract to a private contractor in Lamham, Maryland, on June 30, 2004, named Exceed Corportion, to handle processing of the permanent labor certification applications at the Philadelphia and Dallas Backlog Reduction Processing Centers. The contract amount is $16,079,413.00. The Exceed Corporation is currently actively recruiting people to fill the positions including 60+ Analysts each to work at the Philadelphia and Dallas Centers. These jobs can open an opportunity for some of the current state labor certification staffs to get a job which they are familiar with.

Hi Puhrince -
Where did you get this information...? Is this published in any DOL website?

Status
Not open for further replies.