Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Although I was told that I was put in an interview queue on 7/9, but looking at people's timeline in this thread, it is very much a consensus that the Chicago DO is yet to send any IL to applicants with PD starting from 5/1 and up - Correct assessment?
Cheers

Finger print done before the appointment date?

Hi guys,

I just noticed (from another thread) that Ronaldo2009 got his FP done before the appointment date. It really inspired me. I would like to know if anyone in Chicago area ever done that. I tried it years ago for my greencard case and failed (the guard didn't let me in). Five years later, I'll do the FP at the same office, Naperville, again. If anyone have any tips/stories, please share. I would take a day off from work to do the early FP (if possible). :)

Thanks,

D/O Chicago
6/15/2009 N-400 Mailed
6/16/2009 N-400 Received
6/16/2009 Priority Date
7/14/2009 Check has been cashed
7/20/2009 FP Notice Received
8/4/2009 FP Appointment
?????2009 FP Done
?????2009 CFR - Check List Received
?????2009 Interview Letter Received
?????2009 Interview Date
?????2009 Oath Letter Received
?????2009 Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
i am still waiting on my IL to arrive. i've noticed from the earlier posts that it just took at least 11-12 days to arrive after the yellow letter was received. it has been 17 days for me since the checklist arrived and i still haven't received my IL. is anyone in the same situation? mine seems to be taking so long..

Hi,
I need to re schedule my FP date. I am scheduled on august 1st but need to reschedue it. Does any one did re scheduling before? how long before they send a re schedule notice. Can we call them up after we send the reschedule request and ask for expediting.
Any advice/information in this re gard is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

gadcool maybe you will try going there earlier? sometimes they let you do walk in so you can do it earlier. Just tell them you were in the aera and if you will have some luck they will let you in.
patrickchicago I've red some stories here in this thread. Some positive, some negative. I got here too late to know about it and do it by myself so I don't know from my own experience, but you can always try... It might work:)

gadcool maybe you will try going there earlier? sometimes they let you do walk in so you can do it earlier. Just tell them you were in the aera and if you will have some luck they will let you in.
patrickchicago I've red some stories here in this thread. Some positive, some negative. I got here too late to know about it and do it by myself so I don't know from my own experience, but you can always try... It might work:)

Popolka, thanks for responding. I think I'll try to do the early FP tomorrow (Saturday). I've got nothing to lose :) Five years ago I tried it and failed (@ the same Naperville center). The guard at the front door wouldn't let me in. Hopefully, they have a nicer guard now (or no guard at all due to bad economy). :D:D:D hee hee hee

Gadcool, I agreed with Popolka; try early FP. You have nothing to lose! :)

Thanks Guys. My mistake, i have forgotten to mention that i am out of town and will be reaching chicago on 4th. So i can not do early FP. So i guess my option is to request for a re schedule. I remember of reading in this forum that we can try a walk in with in one month of the scheduled date? Is that true? Do i need to wait for a re scheduld letter or can i try a walk in with my orignal appointment letter?(After my original appt date though).
Any tips or advice?
Thanks

Thanks Guys. My mistake, i have forgotten to mention that i am out of town and will be reaching chicago on 4th. So i can not do early FP. So i guess my option is to request for a re schedule. I remember of reading in this forum that we can try a walk in with in one month of the scheduled date? Is that true? Do i need to wait for a re scheduld letter or can i try a walk in with my orignal appointment letter?(After my original appt date though).
Any tips or advice?
Thanks

In the top portion of the FP notice there should be information about how to have FP taken after the appointment date.
In my case the FP notice said that I could come on any Wednesday following the appointment date within about 90 days (more precisely, my FP appointment was for 09/26/08 and the grace period was until 12/19/08). You should check your FP notice carefully, there is probably something like that there too.

Thanks baika3 and patricchicago. I checked my FP notice. It says i can re schedule by completing the bottom of the notice where in i can request for next available wednesday or saturday appt( Dont know when is the next available :) ). It says i should send the entire notice to chicago norridge center. In these forums i was suggested that i can do a walk in with in 30 days from my original appt. I was wondering if i send the entire notice for re scheduling, can i take a photo copy of my original notice and try for a walk in?
Else my only option left would be to wait for my re scheduled notice to arrive.

Thanks baika3 and patricchicago. I checked my FP notice. It says i can re schedule by completing the bottom of the notice where in i can request for next available wednesday or saturday appt( Dont know when is the next available :) ). It says i should send the entire notice to chicago norridge center. In these forums i was suggested that i can do a walk in with in 30 days from my original appt. I was wondering if i send the entire notice for re scheduling, can i take a photo copy of my original notice and try for a walk in?
Else my only option left would be to wait for my re scheduled notice to arrive.

Hi GadCool,

I tried to do the early FP last Saturday and failed. :( The officer told me that they used to do walk-in FP but only after the appointment date. She told me that I can leave the FP notice with her and she'll do the reschedule at a later date for me. I politely said "no thanks". Honestly, I really wanna laugh when the officer offered to do the FP reschedule for me. Yeah right, you probably gonna sit on my notice for another month or lost it. :D:D:D hee hee hee

So, that's Naperville center. Yours is Norridge which I've heard someone said that they allow early FP (I'm so envy you now) :)

Good luck and keep in touch

hi guys,

on the day when i am getting my fingerprint, can i go there early and have it done before the appointment time? my appt is at 12:00 pm on 8/7/09, but i must leave for work at 10am... so i was just wondering if they will let me do it before 12pm

ps: when does teh uscis office open?

I mailed N-400 application today by overnight express to Phoenix, AZ. Mine is a employment based green card. I mentioned the two speeding tickets on the application with an attachment sheet explaining it. I enclosed a bank cashier's check instead of a personal check with the assumption that a case receipt will be generated quickly without having to wait to clear the check first (if it is personal). I might be wrong on this. Anyway, here are my details and I will update here when there is an update.

D/O: Chicago

7/27/2009 N-400 Mailed
?/??/2009 N-400 Received
?/??/2009 Priority Date
?/??/2009 Check cashed
?/??/2009 FP Notice Received
?/??/2009 FP Appointment Date
?/??/2009 FP Done
?/??/2009 CFR - Check List Received
?/??/2009 Interview Letter Received
?/??/2009 Interview Date
?/??/2009 Oath Letter Received
?/??/2009 Oath Ceremony Date

I got interview letter today and the date is aug 28th at Baltimore. I did change my address from Chicago to Baltimore after finger prints. I don't think it delayed my application..:)

I got interview letter today and the date is aug 28th at Baltimore. I did change my address from Chicago to Baltimore after finger prints. I don't think it delayed my application..:)

I have also received interview letter on 27th. Interview date is Sept 17th at Chicago.

This is 2nd time for me to file N-400 application. Because back in 2007 when I applied for naturalization, I changed my address from Iowa to Chicago. Since then, I have not heard anything from USCIS.

Whenever I called USCIS customer service to find out the status, they just kept told me to wait.

For those of you, if you need support to track your case then try to contact senetor's office for help. I asked them to submit a congressional inquiry and track my application for me. That's when I found out that interview letter was mailed out on July 2008. I couldn't take any action because I did not receive the interview letter and didn't know it was mailed out until I was told by senetor's office that my case was closed on Aug 2008 due to no action.

Any suggestion on how to prepare for interview?

Last edited by a moderator: