Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Finally!!!! Good news!!!

After waiting just over than 4 months, I have received my oath letter today. Oath is Feb 18th in Chicago!!!!!

Re:

After waiting just over than 4 months, I have received my oath letter today. Oath is Feb 18th in Chicago!!!!!

Congratulations on finally getting an oath letter!

Could you please provide more details about your interview and post-interview experience? Since you had to wait 4 months for an oath letter after the interview, I assume your application was not actually approved at the interview but rather put into the "a decision cannot yet be made" pile. Is that correct? Did they ask you to send in some additional documents after the interview?
If yes, what kind of documents and in relation to what issue?

Thanks and, again, congratulations!

Congratulation Aero.

Now be good.. don't try to get traffic tickets or beat up any one till you go thru oath. :p. Of course u r free to do all that after oath :p

Congratulations on finally getting an oath letter!

Could you please provide more details about your interview and post-interview experience? Since you had to wait 4 months for an oath letter after the interview, I assume your application was not actually approved at the interview but rather put into the "a decision cannot yet be made" pile. Is that correct? Did they ask you to send in some additional documents after the interview?
If yes, what kind of documents and in relation to what issue?

Thanks and, again, congratulations!

Hi Baikal,

Yes interview was done in October, with "Decision cannot be made at this time", then a month later they asked me driving licenses, bank statements, and another month later they for some police records etc. They had my identity mixed up with a similar namedy guy, so I had to clear that out. I sent those documents end of December, and here arrives my oath letter yesterday...

What is your situation...?

aero_ir

Congratulation Aero.

Now be good.. don't try to get traffic tickets or beat up any one till you go thru oath. :p. Of course u r free to do all that after oath :p

I have've been very careful since interview in driving, speeding and behaving.. so hopefully this week should pass like that too...

Hi Baikal,

Yes interview was done in October, with "Decision cannot be made at this time", then a month later they asked me driving licenses, bank statements, and another month later they for some police records etc. They had my identity mixed up with a similar namedy guy, so I had to clear that out. I sent those documents end of December, and here arrives my oath letter yesterday...

What is your situation...?

aero_ir

OK, thanks for the explanation. Talk about USCIS inefficiency, isn't the famed FBI name check intended precisely for resolving various issues regarding name confusion issues?

In my case, as my signature shows, I had been stuck in the FBI name check for almost two years but finally did get an interview letter last month for March 26. My name is fairly unique, so I don't think they confused me with anyone and I can't really think of any sensible reason why my FBI name check should have taken so long. I am an academic working at large university and, interestingly, at least three other people from my department have also gotten naturalization interview appointments for March 26. It is uncanny, as if our files have been gathering dust in the same drawer or something...

Conrats chicago_natur. Can you expand on the interview experience? Did you have to ask for the oath letter?
The interview was pretty quick. Got there in the morning and parked by Clark & Polk ($13 all day). Was called in 5 mins after my due time slot. Very friendly interviewer. Took the civics test and then the English test. Went through my app in about 10 mins. Said "Congratulations, next available oath date is on Monday, 23rd. Would you like it?" I said yes, of course:)

Then waited in the waiting area for about 20 mins and they call out your name and hand you your oath letter:)

is there anyone who can help me that how long does it take to get a decision from DO (chicago) after an interview i751 or they just forget about the i751 after i filed the n 400 cauz i recd yesterday yellow letter saying bring some docs to the interview. is that means that my bck ground / name check is cleared or not

Please find below my update - Interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mail in Date - 11/26/08
RD - 12/01/08
PD - 12/0/08
FP Mailed - 12/12/08
FP Received - 12/16/08
FP Date - 12/26/08
IL Received - 02/17/2009
Interview - 04/09/2009
Oath - xx/xx/xxxx

Please wish me luck.

This is a little interesting. Got another oath letter by mail today. Has the same details as the oath letter I received after Interview at the USCIS office. Oh well...

Interview Letter Question

My Interview letter notice has a subject line as " Request for Applicant to appear for Naturalization Initial Interview".

My Questions:

1. Is it normal to all to have this heading. I am concerned with the word Initial Interview.
2. Documents: Apart from the Interview letter, Green card and passports do I need to take any other documents. I am on a 5 yr based GC.
3. One of the document item says - "Your passport and/or any other document you used in connection with any entries into the US" - What are the other documents? - Should we take our initial H1B entry papers or some things else?
4. What is the Dress code - Formal or Business Casual.

Any advice is appreciated.

----------------------------------------------

Mail in Date - 11/26/08
RD - 12/01/08
PD - 12/0/08
FP Mailed - 12/12/08
FP Received - 12/16/08
FP Date - 12/26/08
IL Received - 02/17/2009
Interview - 04/09/2009
Oath - xx/xx/xxxx

1)Yes, it is standard verbiage in interview letter. Initial interview means main interview, secondary interview means oath.

2) Bring supporting documents according to your circumstance. Check out the sticky on what documents may be requested:

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=288288

3) It refers to entries to US during statutory period as an LPR.

4) There's no official dress code, but business casual is fine. Formal may be too much, as you'll see others in jeans and street wear.