Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Received Oath Letter

My oath is scheduled for 14th Dec. Letter says to be at 8:00 AM.

Timeline -

7th Sep 2006 - Mailed appln
11th Sep 2006 - Receipt Date
29th Sep 2006 - Finger Prints
22nd Nov 2006 - Interview
14th Dec 2006 - Oath

Roughly it took 98 days from the day I have mailed to Oath.

Same boat

We haven't recived our FP notice yet , my priority date is October 5th and still waiting for a FP appointment.

I have an infopass appointment for Dec 12th .

My friend who applied in November got his FP done in 2nd week of November. His priority date is November 1st.

hominid said:
Thanks scarlethawk for the reply.

The Chicago office is saying that the Nebraska office is handling the FP appointments and Chicago office has no info about it.

ChicagoBears: please post what you find. goodluck.

By the way, I called the customer service number and I was told that my case is being processed They are saying 4 month delay for FP is fine. I plan to wait until Jan and then get help from a senetor's office.

Oh Joy!

Received my Oath letter. It is dated November 27th. Oath is December 19th @ Dirksen Federal Building in downtown.

Good Luck to everybody waiting for FPs, IVs, and Oath dates!

scarlethawk said:
Oh Joy!

Received my Oath letter. It is dated November 27th. Oath is December 19th @ Dirksen Federal Building in downtown.

Good Luck to everybody waiting for FPs, IVs, and Oath dates!

Congrats Scarlethawk, you're on the home stretch now. Could you please share your interview experience? Thanks.

eo23 said:
Congrats! Your process couldn't have gone smoother!! I am stuck in name check unfortunately and I will be doing another infopass at the end of January to see how things go.

Thanks man! Sometimes the process does test your limits, don't let it get you down. It's just a matter of time. Best of luck!

I filed 1477(b)

Chicago
Priority Date 2/10/2006
Interview Date 6/8 and passed , only thing to wait is name/background check

infopass on 10/4: I was told that background check was completed on 9/14/2006.

infopass on 11/17:
I was told my file was moved to "to-be-processed" category from "waiting for background check" category on 10/20/2006..
And confirmed that background check was completed on 9/14/2006

infopass on 12/1/2006:
I was told by a different officer: background check WAS NOT completed !
My case is pending, dont know how long it will take...

On 12/4, I filed civil case based on 1447(b)

Any one, Any thoughts ?

tomshen99a said:
Chicago
Priority Date 2/10/2006
Interview Date 6/8 and passed , only thing to wait is name/background check

infopass on 10/4: I was told that background check was completed on 9/14/2006.

infopass on 11/17:
I was told my file was moved to "to-be-processed" category from "waiting for background check" category on 10/20/2006..
And confirmed that background check was completed on 9/14/2006

infopass on 12/1/2006:
I was told by a different officer: background check WAS NOT completed !
My case is pending, dont know how long it will take...

On 12/4, I filed civil case based on 1447(b)

Any one, Any thoughts ?

Did you try contacting a U.S. senator for your state and asking for help? If you live in Illinois, I suggest contacting senator Durbin.
His staff seems to be fairly experienced in immigration matters and they have helped a number of people on this board, including myself (when my green card case was stuck and nothing else was working).

Timeline

Looks like a great site with lot of details. I am from Chicago and I applied for Naturalization within last month. Below is my current timeline

Timeline

----------------------------

11-15-06: Application Sent
11-21-06: Application Received
11-21-06: Priority Date
11-21-06: Application Processed/Case # Available
11-24-06: Checks Cashed
12-06-06: Received Fingerprint Appointment Notice
12-13-06: Fingerprint Appointment Date
? - others

Last edited by a moderator:
almost done

there are some updates in my case here is the updated timeline. If anyone has any questions please let me know. This site has been very helpfull, thanks to all of you who contributed your knowledge and opinion. Good luck to all, be patient, be persistent and stay on top of things and ask questions. thanks

Yes, I have contacted Senator Obama

Yes, I have contacted Senator Obama..

baikal3 said:
Did you try contacting a U.S. senator for your state and asking for help? If you live in Illinois, I suggest contacting senator Durbin.
His staff seems to be fairly experienced in immigration matters and they have helped a number of people on this board, including myself (when my green card case was stuck and nothing else was working).

oath

anyone going to the oath ceremony in chicago on dearborn at the courthouse on the 14th of december??

tomshen99a said:
Yes, I have contacted Senator Obama..

I really recommend that you contact senator Durbin. As I said, his staff is much more experienced in handling immigration matters and they have a good track record of helping other people in the past.

Congratulations on getting your oath letter. If you don't mind, could you please elaborate your brush with the law that needed a supervisor to adjudicate/approve?

tderev1 said:
anyone going to the oath ceremony in chicago on dearborn at the courthouse on the 14th of december??