Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

triple citizen....
I had a couple speeding tickets, a disorderly conduct charge, and retail theft. All were not on my record but i still told them about it and a supervisior had to review the application. The review only took about 1 week if that. All were minor charges that happened 7 years back before i was 18 years old.

Qustion on Interview.

Triple Citizen said:
trdev1,
Thanks for the explanation. Enjoy the ceremony!!!
Here is how my case is proceeding:

Application Sent 11/07
Priority Date 11/09
Finger print letter date: 11/17/06
Finger print date: 11/28 (done)

How long it will take to receive Interview letter afte FP?

My FP was on 08/10.
I got my interview letter exactly three weeks later on 08/31.
Good luck!!!

psana said:
Here is how my case is proceeding:

Application Sent 11/07
Priority Date 11/09
Finger print letter date: 11/17/06
Finger print date: 11/28 (done)

How long it will take to receive Interview letter afte FP?

Completed oath

We completed our oath ceremonies yesterday. My wife's was at 8AM and mine was schedule fore noon but we decided to go there together in the morning hoping that they would let us both into the morning ceremony. We got to the federal court house at 8:05AM. There was already a long line waiting to get into the court room. I think it must have taken around 45 mins to process the entire line. We asked the lady who was taking the oath letters if we could take our oaths together. She said that it was fine as long as mine was on the same day! The whole thing went pretty fast. I think we were out of there by 9:30. Overall it was an ok experience.

inseattle06 said:
We received our oath letters. My wife got hers over the weekend. It was mailed out the day after her interview. I got mine today. It was mailed out three days after the interview. Unfortunately, they did not manage to get us into the same ceremony but both ceremonies are on Dec 7. I was a bit worried when she got her letter before me because up till this point, everything had happended together for us. So much for the interview officers' trying to get us into the same ceremony - but that's ok. I am surprised that it went so fast.
inseattle06 said:
My wife and I had our interviews today. Both of our interviews were at the same time at 101 W Congress Park Way. We arrived an hour early and spent close to half an hour at the Statbucks nearby because the interview letters said not to arrive more than 30 mins in advance. In retrospect, it probably wouldn't have been a problem to show up an hour early because the place was practically empty. We showed the lady at the counter our letters and she told us to sit down at the far end of the hall. There were around a dozen people there. People were there in standard street clothing and it didn't look like they were carrying any documents aside from their interview letters. I had a thin file with me that included my taxes for the past year along with the records for a speeding ticket. I was called within half an hour. The officer was very cordial and all of them were nicely dressed and extremely polite. I swore in and then sat down. He gave me the list of citizenship questions and then read them out one by one while I answered them. After that, he went through my app while also explaining some of the benefits of citizenship. I had a shoplifting arrest 18 years ago that was dismissed. I told him about that when we got to that section. He mentioned that one arrest is fine. He didn't ask for any documentation. He looked at my date of birth on the application and confirmed that I didn't need to register with selective service. I had a letter from selective service but he didn't want to see it. At the end, he told me that he would recommend me for citizenship and that I should get the oath letter within 5 - 7 weeks. Because my wife was also interviewing, he mentioned that he would try to get us the same oath date. When I walked out, my wife was already back from her interview eventhough she started after me. I guess my interview officer and I chated about all sorts of random stuff. She was told that her oath letter should show up in 60 - 90 days. Let's hope my guy was right! In the end, I am glad I didn't stress out collecting lots and lots of documents because I didn't need anything. This was definitely the most pleasant experience I have ever had at a government office. Those folks were amazing. Did I mention that the female officers are gorgeous!!

Hi DMAX/CHICAGOLADY,

My pd is exaclty same (25th October) as yours. Have you received the interview letter? Also has your case disappeared from the USCIS website?

Please respond.

Thanks,

IL Letter??

Does anybody have the PD towards end of October? If yes, have you received the IL letter yet? I need to travel outside country and am waiting for IL desperately.

Nothing yet

No Interview letter yet. Hopefully next week.:mad:

Keep us updated if u get it.

Thanks.

membercentric said:
Hi DMAX/CHICAGOLADY,

My pd is exaclty same (25th October) as yours. Have you received the interview letter? Also has your case disappeared from the USCIS website?

Please respond.

Thanks,

membercentric said:
Hi DMAX/CHICAGOLADY,

Please respond.

Thanks,
Nope, Me neither. Keepin my fingers crossed!!!

Interview Letter

Hi PR2001Cit2007,

Have you received the Interview letter ?

Mine PD is OCt 12 and have not received the interview letter yet.

Because of hoilday's we may need to wait longer time.

PR2001Cit2007 said:
Congrats Scarlethawk, you're on the home stretch now. Could you please share your interview experience? Thanks.

Pd 10/02/2006

Guys,

I've done my FP on 10/25(celared sameday) and have not received my IL yet. Except my hopes, the case status has also not disappeared.

It could be delay with my name check, but then no one else has the same name as mine in this world. How come the delay :p :confused:

Nope

Still showing up.

I am not sure if case disapprear is always true in everyone's case. Some people received IL letter and their case was still showing on the website.

membercentric said:
DMAX/CHICAGOLADY/SACk98,

Did your case disappear from USCIS website?

I guess let's keep everybody in the loop. Also let's try to find out who has go the IL recently and what were his priority and finger printing dates.

membercentric said:
Can anybody who has recently received the IL post their dates? It seems things are not moving much...
My FP date was 11/28/2006.
Priority Date is 11/09/2006

And still waiting,

hi membercentric,

My case status has not disappeared from the uscis site.

membercentric said:
Can anybody who has recently received the IL post their dates? It seems things are not moving much...

sack98 said:
hi membercentric,

My case status has not disappeared from the uscis site.

Guys,

I don't suggest using the case status disappearance as an indication. My roomate who applied after me and got his IL in 2 weeks after FP DID NOT have his case status disappear, in fact it is still on the website saying the same thing for me and him and I have my name check pending.

My suggestion, wait two months after FP and get an infopass to find out whats going on.

e023

That gives me some relief because I keep checking if my status disappeared. I was hoping I would get the interview done this month but it doesn't look like it will. Looks like they kept my app pending because they didn't receive traffic report. weird when they say they don't need it for simple violations.