Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

globeseer said:
That gives me some relief because I keep checking if my status disappeared. I was hoping I would get the interview done this month but it doesn't look like it will. Looks like they kept my app pending because they didn't receive traffic report. weird when they say they don't need it for simple violations.

Globeseer,

Thats definitely possible. I suggest getting an infopass at the end of January to check your status, for now enjoy the upcoming holidays, I honestly don't think there will be much movement from USCIS or the FBI regarding applications or name checks respectively from now until the end of the year. My roomate had a PD of October 9th and his interview is January 8th. His name check cleared in 72 hours and got his interview letter 2 weeks after his FP but as you can see, I applied way before and I still have not received anything. There is really no rule whatsoever but be as well informed as possible so that you know what plan of action to take.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any more questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
globeseer said:
That gives me some relief because I keep checking if my status disappeared. I was hoping I would get the interview done this month but it doesn't look like it will. Looks like they kept my app pending because they didn't receive traffic report. weird when they say they don't need it for simple violations.
Globseer,

How do you know that your app is pending because you didn't send the traffic report? I didnt send any supporting documents related to my traffic violations. I was under the impression you need them to keep them handy for interview. Can you clarify?

Thanks,

N-400 Timeline --> Interview scheduled

Hello - Interview scheduled for Feb 14th. How long will the interview last and will the Oath be right after it. Its at Citizenship office on Congress Parkway. What all documents should I take (pay stubs, employment letter, tax transcripts etc) as they don't mention anything other than green card, driver's license and passport.

thanks

Nov 15 2006: Application Sent
Nov 22 2006: Application Received
Nov 22 2006: Priority Date
Nov 22 2006:Application Processed/Case # Available
Nov 24 2006:Checks Cashed
Dec 6 2006:: Received Fingerprint Appointment Notice for 12/13/2006
Dec 13 2006:: Completed Fingerprints
Dec 29 2006 :: Interview notice (sent Dec 21st)
Feb 14th 2007 :: Interview
Others:: TBD

eo23 said:
Globeseer,

Thats definitely possible. I suggest getting an infopass at the end of January to check your status, for now enjoy the upcoming holidays, I honestly don't think there will be much movement from USCIS or the FBI regarding applications or name checks respectively from now until the end of the year. My roomate had a PD of October 9th and his interview is January 8th. His name check cleared in 72 hours and got his interview letter 2 weeks after his FP but as you can see, I applied way before and I still have not received anything. There is really no rule whatsoever but be as well informed as possible so that you know what plan of action to take.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any more questions.

What # do I call to get Info Pass for Chicago office? How long shall I wait after FP to call the office? I will appreciate your response.

e023

Thanks e023! Appreciate the valuable feedback.

Out of curiosity, I took an Infopass appt for December 26th. It's a holiday at work so I thought i would use it.

N-400 Let See How Long This Will Take.

Here is my timeline

Nebraska Service Center
Chicago District Office
12/14/06 Checks Cashed ( N400 & Biometrics).
12/21/06 Touched!!!
12/22/06 Touched by an angel
12/22/06 NOA Received, dated 12/19/06
12/23/06 FP NOA Received, dated 12/20/06
01/03/07 FP appt , completed
TBD IL.
TBD OL
:)

ChicagoBears: How did your visit go?

ChicagoBears said:
We haven't recived our FP notice yet , my priority date is October 5th and still waiting for a FP appointment.

I have an infopass appointment for Dec 12th .

My friend who applied in November got his FP done in 2nd week of November. His priority date is November 1st.

All done

I am all done with my oath ceremony. It took 98 days from the day I mailed to the oath ceremony.

My oath was on 12/14 at chicago's dearborn court house. I reached around 8:15 AM and there were already 70 people in line, by 8:40 I was seated. Judge came in at 9AM and finished the oath ceremony in 7 to 8 minutes. After that IO officer handed over the certificates. Walked to the Post office and applied for Passport.

My time line is:
9/7/2006 mailed appln
9/11/2006 PD
9/29/2006 FP
11/22/2006 Interview
12/14/2006 Oath
12/14/2006 applied for PP

Good luck to everyone.

Hey e023,

My wife is in the exact same posistion as you. I can't remember the exact date she went for fingerprints, but it was September. She still has had no letter regarding the interview. Of course we are getting worried that she is stuck in name check. She is going to get an infopass in Janurary. I have copied a bit from a recent article below. Do you guys think this may help out the people stuck in name check?. Here is a link o the article:

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

- Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, proposes to add a new system of records to the Department's inventory, entitled Background Check Service. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Office of Field Operations operates the Background Check Service. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services conducts background checks on petitioners and applicants who are seeking immigration related benefits. To facilitate the background check process and to improve efficiency, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services developed the Background Check Service as a centralized repository that contains the consolidated data on all background check requests and results. The Background Check Service allows authorized U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives to request background checks and access the data stored in the Background Check Service during the adjudication process in order to facilitate informed decision-making.

DATES: The established system of records will be effective January 3,

2007 unless comments are received that result in a contrary determination.

Timeline to get a receipt notice

I mailed my N-400 to the Nebraska Service Center on Dec 4 (by first class mail) and UCSIC cashed my check on Dec 11. However, I still have not gotten a Receipt Notice with a case number. How long does it usually take for them to send one? Should I be worried already?

Thanks!

Got interview letter

Hi,

I wanted to update everyone that we received interview letter today, it is scheduled for 01/29/07.

But the letter says 'Request to appear for INITIAL interview"

What does that mean? Will there be second interview?

Please answer.
Thanks

Enlighten said:
Hey e023,

My wife is in the exact same posistion as you. I can't remember the exact date she went for fingerprints, but it was September. She still has had no letter regarding the interview. Of course we are getting worried that she is stuck in name check. She is going to get an infopass in Janurary. I have copied a bit from a recent article below. Do you guys think this may help out the people stuck in name check?. Here is a link o the article:

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

- Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, proposes to add a new system of records to the Department's inventory, entitled Background Check Service. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Office of Field Operations operates the Background Check Service. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services conducts background checks on petitioners and applicants who are seeking immigration related benefits. To facilitate the background check process and to improve efficiency, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services developed the Background Check Service as a centralized repository that contains the consolidated data on all background check requests and results. The Background Check Service allows authorized U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives to request background checks and access the data stored in the Background Check Service during the adjudication process in order to facilitate informed decision-making.

DATES: The established system of records will be effective January 3,

2007 unless comments are received that result in a contrary determination.

Hi Enlighten,

To be quite honest with you, this has nothing to do with the FBI. I was reading about it elsewhere and it is going to make USCIS as efficient as possible meaning that once a name check is cleared, they can track it in that system and can issue the interview letter immediately, however I doubt it will do anything to expedite the name check per se, but who knows I could be wrong. Let's hope for the best.

How long does it take to get the passport?

My oath is on Tuesday, and I intend to apply for passport soon after. I am scheduled for trip outside the country 3 weeks after that. I read somewhere you can only apply for expedited passport if your trip is within 14 days. Somewhere on this forum I also saw from people who didn't get their passports even four weeks after applying.

What is my best bet? Suggestions? :confused:

scarlethawk:

What I understand is that you are able to apply for expedited passport service. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to receive your passport. You can only apply for the same day passport service at local passport agency if you have an international trip within 14 days. I applied expedit passport service right after taking my oath. It took two weeks for me to receive the passport. Here is the link to the passport service center. You might want to contact them to verify the information I just posted. Good luck,

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

jack

scarlethawk said:
How long does it take to get the passport?

My oath is on Tuesday, and I intend to apply for passport soon after. I am scheduled for trip outside the country 3 weeks after that. I read somewhere you can only apply for expedited passport if your trip is within 14 days. Somewhere on this forum I also saw from people who didn't get their passports even four weeks after applying.

What is my best bet? Suggestions? :confused: