Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Hang in there Samrat, u should have yours soon.....even I was told about 2 months at my interview but I was pleasantly surprised to receive my OL in about 2 weeks. I cannot say for sure what helped but I think u're already taken the right steps- infopass and calls etc. Stay strong and soon you'll be a USC as well.

Hi guys,
Its me Samrat. It is really great to hear from so many people about receiving OL notices and in some case people have taken the Oath as well, even when they passed the i/w after me and my wife.

Since May 8, we are waiting for our turn to see the OL notices and there is till no news. I was told 4 weeks for the OL notice and wife was told about 10 days. But its more than 2 months now and still nothing in the mail. It is a strange process but one can not help but wait and wait....... Once in a while spend time, money, energy to go congress pkwy office to check with an infopass only to find absurd answers from IO.

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS to chigc2002, chitown08 and others. Now your next struggle of dealing with Indian consulate begins........

Samrat

Hi guys,
Its me Samrat. It is really great to hear from so many people about receiving OL notices and in some case people have taken the Oath as well, even when they passed the i/w after me and my wife.

Since May 8, we are waiting for our turn to see the OL notices and there is till no news. I was told 4 weeks for the OL notice and wife was told about 10 days. But its more than 2 months now and still nothing in the mail. It is a strange process but one can not help but wait and wait....... Once in a while spend time, money, energy to go congress pkwy office to check with an infopass only to find absurd answers from IO.

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS to chigc2002, chitown08 and others. Now your next struggle of dealing with Indian consulate begins........

Samrat

Hi Samrat,
I really hear your pain my friend since I was too even more impatient than you... :(
It looks like Chicago DO starts sending OL for the last interviewees (the end of June) so I wouldnot be surprised if yours too or at least your wife's OL will come any day tnis coming week. I think it is time to visit the IO. mmm.... I wonder whether is it possible to demand meeting the same IO who interviewed you ???? :confused:so that at least the IO has already been familiarized with your case....:rolleyes:
Keep your spirit up :)

hey guys, im still waiting for IL since my finger prints on 04/15/08
i havent heard anything from uscis since then. anyone in the same situation and what do you guys think i shoul do, should i contact them, any suggestion.
Thanks

hlaiki,
Have you ever tried calling the 1800# forUSCIS ?? Maybe you can try to ask them whether or not your name check has been cleared. From what I understand, they have to clear your name check first in order to put you in the Interview Scheduling queue..... just my 2 cents..

Hi guys,

Samrat

Couple of questions to you SAMRAT & CHIGC2002:

CHIGC2002, Is it you only or your spouse also got USC oath ? If you both did the oath together, did you guys filled a small Green slip at your interview time whihc was given to you so that both spouses get same time OATH ?

SAMRAT , what about you.? did you filled that green slip and asked for same day oath for both spouses? Is it becasue of giving that green slip the oaths are getting delayed for spouses?? Finally what did you ask IO at the time of Infopass? and what did they reply for the delays!

CHIGC2002, Is it you only or your spouse also got USC oath ? If you both did the oath together, did you guys filled a small Green slip at your interview time whihc was given to you so that both spouses get same time OATH ?

Yes, both my spouse and I had exactly the same timeline- the only difference was the IO in each of our cases as we were interviewed separately. And yes, we had the option of using the green piece of paper to request oath together and we used that option. Hope that helps.

My priority date is November 20,2007
I havn't got my interview letter yet.
Does anybody have same situation as mine?
I am getting quite worried now.
People above applied this year are already done with interview and waiting for oath letter.

People above applied this year are already done with interview and waiting for oath letter.

I would recommend an InfoPass appointment if you have not scheduled one already. You can set one up thru the USCIS website: http://infopass.uscis.gov/

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Your dates are very close to me nothing so far ....looks we went into the black hole of name check...

Couple of questions to you SAMRAT & CHIGC2002:

SAMRAT , what about you.? did you filled that green slip and asked for same day oath for both spouses? Is it becasue of giving that green slip the oaths are getting delayed for spouses?? Finally what did you ask IO at the time of Infopass? and what did they reply for the delays!

sriIL,
1. yes me and my wife also requested same day Oath.

2. When I went to see IO with an infopass on 6/20/2008, the lady told me that my wife's oath is just awaiting scheduling and my case is in "reverification" process. She did not elaborate what reverification process meant, neither she gave any timeline. I have a feeling that my wife's process is stuck because we requested the oath together. so unless they complete my application reverification process, neither of us would receive the oath notices.

I am currently traveling with work every week, so I have to take a day off as a personal time, in case I need to find out infopass status update and talk to the IO in person. so, I am going to wait till end of the month and see what happens and go for another infopass appointment. there are no updates online for our cases and calling USCIS does not get you any better information.

Waiting is the only option. Good luck sriIL, hope you get better response time on your case.

samrat

Received Oath letters

Ok. chicago Folks. Its time to move the thread to the top of the list...

I want to do that with some good news to share with all the folks. We are scheduled for Oath on July 21st . Received the oath letters just now.

So total processing time for us is 135 days..Not bad..Thanks USCIS(In advance).:D:D:D

Congratulations sriIL

Ok. chicago Folks. Its time to move the thread to the top of the list...

I want to do that with some good news to share with all the folks. We are scheduled for Oath on July 21st . Received the oath letters just now.

So total processing time for us is 135 days..Not bad..Thanks USCIS(In advance).:D:D:D

Congratulations sri -IL and your family !!!!

Finally I am done... 6months in total from Priority Date to taking Oath two days ago (on wedns).
Around 150 people taking the oath and the actual oath reading/ pledge of allegiance itself was pretty quick about 15 minutes at most I think. The longest part is waiting in line to be seated and got checked in (surrendering greencard + N445 and showing driver license), plus the distribution of naturalization certificate by seating rows.

I am very excited looking at the same timeline filers from Chicago we are almost done (almost all): pleasetellmewhy, chigc2002, sri_IL, nandamuru, myself, famy122, samrat and many more that I might miss mentioning).

All other fellow Chicago DO filers, hangin' there your journey will all soon end. Chicago might not be the fastest DO since it has quite a huge population of immigrants but it works pretty promptly in my personal opinion overall.

Goodluck for everyone else and thank you for all your support :)

Almost done!

Just got our oath letters this morning. Here are the details:

NSC/Chicago DO
------------------------------------------
02/29/08 Mailed N-400
03/03/08 Check cashed
03/03/08 Priority Date
03/06/08 Receipt generated
03/10/08 FP Notice generated
03/25/08 FP Scheduled & Completed
04/10/08 Received Interview NOA
06/26/08 Interview Scheduled & Completed
07/19/08 Received Oath letter
07/25/08 Oath date
:D:D:D

Question about signature

All,

I wanted to find out about the signature on N-445. Do I sign it like the photos at the interview or my original signature like on my DL and ID etc ... ?

On the photos they asked us to write the full name.

TIA

All,

I wanted to find out about the signature on N-445. Do I sign it like the photos at the interview or my original signature like on my DL and ID etc ... ?

On the photos they asked us to write the full name.

TIA

The packet given at oath asks you to use CURSIVE signature with Full name like on the naturalization certificate.. Like say john doe should sign in cursive john doe.

My Spouse signed in cursive( despite me asking her to write the name like in photograph) and I signed(written) my name like on photograph.. Hope this helps.

By the way , we have completed our oath last Monday. Pretty fast. Judge came at 9 am and finished by 9.20 am. we went at 840 am for 8 am appt time since i know ( courtesy this forum) that judge will come at 9 am. On the lighter side, its the traffic and parking the actual reason for the delay.

Anyhow for me from start to finish is 4 months and 15 days.

Hi to all,
I just come back home after my interview. I am kind of confused, IO said that for her there is no problem but she would like to make some more research about my case - she hand me N-652 with X and Hilighted in gray "You pass the test of English and US history and government" , down below is hilighted in gray A) "Congratulations! Your application ...." but on B) there are two XX - "A decision cannot yet be made....." but it is not hilighted in gray and I am little confused - do I have to wait 90 days for decision or I have to wait for Oath letter, because the IO said that I might receive first decision letter, and then Oath letter if I am approvied, or just Oath Letter or in worst case just denial letter. Please help me ...

and sorry that I didn`t post in the forum - I forget my pass :eek: and it seems like there is a problem when I request my password - I just update my timeline.

Hi friends,
I am going for infopass # 2 on Monday to Chicago DO to check on our oath notice status. Any suggestions what questions to ask the IO, other than asking for an update on our case? Any specific questions to really understand where the issue is with our oath notice?

here is the timeline of our N400 case -
Received Date - October 25, 2007
Priortiy Date - October 25, 2007
Notice Date - November 28, 2007
Fingerprint Notification Date - December 07, 2007
Fingerprint Date - January 2, 2008
Interview Notice Date - February 12, 2008
Interview Date - May 8, 2008
Oath notice letter recd - ??????
Oath date - ??????

anyone who might be checking this post over the weekend with some ideas to pass. thank you.

In any case, will update the outcome of the infopass visit next week.

samrat..

Hi friends,
I am going for infopass # 2 on Monday to Chicago DO to check on our oath notice status. Any suggestions what questions to ask the IO, other than asking for an update on our case? Any specific questions to really understand where the issue is with our oath notice?

here is the timeline of our N400 case -
Received Date - October 25, 2007
Priortiy Date - October 25, 2007
Notice Date - November 28, 2007
Fingerprint Notification Date - December 07, 2007
Fingerprint Date - January 2, 2008
Interview Notice Date - February 12, 2008
Interview Date - May 8, 2008
Oath notice letter recd - ??????
Oath date - ??????

anyone who might be checking this post over the weekend with some ideas to pass. thank you.

In any case, will update the outcome of the infopass visit next week.

samrat..

Ask the IO to delink your spouse case from your case so that atleast she can get quick oath and they( spouse & kids) can apply US passports by regular processing before you get yours and you can do sameday processing in chicago. Thus you can save some money on your spouse and kids passports.

Coming to your question, Be specific and ask them what is stopping the OATH ? Can you do something to speed up the process?

All the best....