Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Oath letter received !

Hi folks

Just received our Oath ceremony letters today- scheduled for July 9th. One step closer..

atanase,
Make sure it is indeed written as "101 W Congress Pkwy". It is possible if USCIS really want to reduce the jammed Oath ceremonies bottleneck in Chicago DO.
However so far, I only heard about Oath ceremonies on Dearborn and in suburb (Naperville or Joliet area).
My suggestion is make a phone call to USCIS 1800# to verify.

Timeline for NSC/Chicago

I just joined this group. I am waiting to get oath letter. Both me and my wife have the same timeline.

NSC/Chicago DO
------------------------------------------
02/29/08 Mailed N-400
03/03/08 Check cashed
03/03/08 Priority Date
03/06/08 Receipt generated
03/10/08 FP Notice generated
03/25/08 FP Scheduled & Completed
04/10/08 Received Interview NOA
06/26/08 Interview Scheduled & Completed
? Received Oath letter
? Oath date

I'm done !

Folks...yesterday I was officially sworn in as a US Citizen. Here a summary of the oath experience

• Took an hour to be checked in and seated- they asked for the Oath form (N-445) and Permanent resident card at the counter
  • Ceremony began on time- lasted barely 20 minutes.
  • Received the Naturalization Certificate- verified info (name, DoB, etc.)
  • Took some pictures
  • This session had 150 people from 41 countries.
  • Fairly quick considering the typical 2-3 hour time frame; this session barely took 1.5 hrs from checking in to receiving the certificate

It has not sunk in yet- probably coz I fell sick last night- probably due to the feeling of extreme relief ;)

Good luck and best wishes to all. This is a fantasic forum- with selfless people who share the wealth of their experience while still waiting for this journey to end and even after- a few come to mind- LoLali, BobSmyth, boatbod, Triple Citizen and et al.

Still Waiting ....

The lady who took my interview told me that I will get the oath letter in 30 to 60 days. My wife had her interview after me, she was told by her interviewing officer that she will get it in 10 to 12 days. So, my wife asked the officer that, how come my husband was told 30 to 60 days? The officer responded that the officer who took your husband's interview was probably new and didn't know how long the oath is taking, everyone clearing the interview should get scheduled in 10 to 12 days.

Does completing an interview mean that they have completed all the processing and now just need to schedule the Oath? or do they perform more processing afterwards??

NSC/Chicago DO
02/29/08 Mailed N-400
03/03/08 Check cashed
03/03/08 Priority Date
? Received Oath letter
? Oath date

A second officer re-adjudicates the N-400 application and rechecks the entire A-file before it is finally approved and put in queue for an oath date.

Does completing an interview mean that they have completed all the processing and now just need to schedule the Oath? or do they perform more processing afterwards??

Even approved cases are always subject to review....especially if the interview was conducted by a new/junior IO.

The lady who took my interview told me that I will get the oath letter in 30 to 60 days. My wife had her interview after me, she was told by her interviewing officer that she will get it in 10 to 12 days. So, my wife asked the officer that, how come my husband was told 30 to 60 days? The officer responded that the officer who took your husband's interview was probably new and didn't know how long the oath is taking, everyone clearing the interview should get scheduled in 10 to 12 days.

NSC/Chicago DO
02/29/08 Mailed N-400
03/03/08 Check cashed
03/03/08 Priority Date
? Received Oath letter
? Oath date

Counting down to the end :)

Anyone got oath letters from chicago DO other than chigc2002???

sri-IL I just came back and I found the OL in my mailbox ...Wow.. I am very excited :D:D and the oath ceremony is on next wednesday...whohoooo...
Finally I can see the end of the tunnel.

I think your OL will be coming soon, so just keep watching your mailbox and so does harosha since we are all interviewed at the same timeframe of last days of June....

Thank you guys for all the help and support :D:D:D

Congratulations !

sri-IL I just came back and I found the OL in my mailbox ...Wow.. I am very excited :D:D and the oath ceremony is on next wednesday...whohoooo...

I think your OL will be coming soon, so just keep watching your mailbox and so does harosha since we are all interviewed at the same timeframe of last days of June....

CONGRATS.........you are the one who deserve to be ONTIME for all the help u provided in this forum and especially 2008 1st qtr and chicago applicants......:D

Its finally about to be over

Applied April 17th 2007
Finger print a month later
Interview Letter May 20th 2008
Interview date July 9th 2008
Oath letter July 12th 2008
Oath date July 17th :):):)
i was expecting to get the oath letter a month later. this is insane. oath date a week after my interview :D:D

Its finally about to be over

Applied April 17th 2007
Finger print a month later
Interview Letter May 20th 2008
Interview date July 9th 2008
Oath letter July 12th 2008
Oath date July 17th :):):)
i was expecting to get the oath letter a month later. this is insane. oath date a week after my interview :D:D

Thats really fast . can you tell us what did the officer told you about the oath at the time of interview? Have you asked for any early oath date ?

Rather.... What would be the reason from your view for sucha fast oath letter and date?

All the best. enjoy......

well the officer told me to expect the letter within 2 to 4 weeks but i guess i got an earlier oath date given that i applied more than a year ago

well the officer told me to expect the letter within 2 to 4 weeks but i guess i got an earlier oath date given that i applied more than a year ago

As it should be. You've been waiting longer so it makes sense they put you in front of the line and close out your case first.

Enjoy your new freedom after the 17th.

Hi guys,
Its me Samrat. It is really great to hear from so many people about receiving OL notices and in some case people have taken the Oath as well, even when they passed the i/w after me and my wife.

Since May 8, we are waiting for our turn to see the OL notices and there is till no news. I was told 4 weeks for the OL notice and wife was told about 10 days. But its more than 2 months now and still nothing in the mail. It is a strange process but one can not help but wait and wait....... Once in a while spend time, money, energy to go congress pkwy office to check with an infopass only to find absurd answers from IO.

Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS to chigc2002, chitown08 and others. Now your next struggle of dealing with Indian consulate begins........

Samrat

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys, im still waiting for IL since my finger prints on 04/15/08
i havent heard anything from uscis since then. anyone in the same situation and what do you guys think i shoul do, should i contact them, any suggestion.
Thanks