Cherry Hill Processing Times for N400

Re: Cherry Hill or Newark?

Wendy79,
Congratulations on getting your citizenship. I am very happy for you. :)

Thanks also for answering my question. I live in Monmouth. Do you know which office it belongs to?
Also, you said the processing times are not that much different but my belief is that Newark has been taking about 7 months whereas CH is 1yr+. Is that incorrect? How long did it take you from start to finish?

sam

RE: Cherry Hill or Newark?

genesis1 said:
sam, a simple way to test your location is to type in your zipcode on an infopass application. It will tell you where your office is.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

sam

Thank you Sam, and it took me exactly one year to get my interview...I applied on Jan. 12, 2005, got my interview Jan. 23, 2006. If you check the processing time from both office you'll see that Cherry Hill is processing cases received on April 11, 2005 and Newark is processing May 18, 2005. The difference is only about a month. You have to remember that every case is different and that some cases are delay due to people having two A#s and problems with the background check. And about if Monmouth belongs to Cherry Hill, I wouldn't be able to tell you...but it might depend on where in monmouth you are...I actually live border line of Monmouth and Ocean County and my case was process in Cherry Hill...

Cherry Hill jurisdiction

I found out from USCIS' website that Cherry Hill handles the following counties: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, and Salem. The rest go to Newark.

I don't understand why CH should be so slow. The San Jose DO (just to take an example) has a very heavy case load but many people I know got their N400 processed in 4-5 months. So what's wrong with CH? Just slow and lazy people? ;-)

sam

sam_c said:
I found out from USCIS' website that Cherry Hill handles the following counties: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, and Salem. The rest go to Newark.

I don't understand why CH should be so slow. The San Jose DO (just to take an example) has a very heavy case load but many people I know got their N400 processed in 4-5 months. So what's wrong with CH? Just slow and lazy people? ;-)

sam

I would say not enough men power...plus this office is so small...my house is bigger than this office...and I notice that there are only two individual processing N-400s...well, at least when i was there.

Wendy

Congratulations on your citizenship. I am very happy for you.

My N400 journey will start soon.. I will be filing my application in April (under CH DO).

thanks

Hello everyone,
It is great to see a thread following N400 timeline in New Jersey.
I am a permanent resident since Aug,1998 but was staying in India most of the times(on Re-entry permit) while maintaining a permanent address here till 2002. I came here on Aug 9,2002 and have been in the USA since then. I have taken 2 trips to India since 2002 and that too just for 2-3 months.

What is the earliest I can apply for my citizenship? I have heard about Four Year + 1 Day rule but I am not sure about it. Does this mean I can apply for my citizenship on Aug 10,2006?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
patkt

cherry hill

No i didn't get it yet, In fact i called 1-800 number and they sent an inquiry to cherry hill office and they sent me letter saying my case is still at vermont office.I wrote them a letter last week and probably get an answer sometime in next 10 days.how about you did u get Interview letter yet.did your cas got updated recently or not? mine is never been updated so far.I dont know how long i have to wait more now.I will post it here as soon as I get it.

I called the 800 number as well a couple of days ago. They sent an enquiry to Cherry Hill. I haven't gotten anything yet, but am still waiting for an interview call. No update in status as well.

Sri

labor certification

Hi! I wa wondering if anyone knew anything with regard to labor certifications. I need any and all help possible. Thank you

cherry hill

finally I got my interview letter today my tomeline is as follow
PD Feb 17th 2005
FP may 25th 2005
ID first week march 2006

Just got my interview letter today

PD March 7th 2005
FP May 31 2005
Interview Date March 21st 2005

Tax transcript

My PD is June 1, 2005. I would like to start organizing my doccuments.

My CPA has prepared my tax papers for past five years. Do I need tax transcript? If I need it, how long it takes? Where do I get it?

Please give suggestions regarding doccumentation.

Thanks.

Not 2 months!!

sraj55 said:
Wendy,

I did have a conversation in some detail with the immigration officer about the name change. Basically you get an opportunity to change your name at the time you are granted citizenship. This will mean that it will take 2 months after your oath ceremony before your passport can be issued.
You do have to make a decision during your interview if you need to do that.

Hope this answers your question

sraj

Perhaps you are referring to after the citizenship, then of course it would have to go through the courts and I am not sure of the timeframes. As you indicate it is easy at the time of interview. My wife changed her name to the married name at the time of the interview. The interviewing officer @ Newark changed her name and gave a piece of paper that her name change has been filed at the Newark District Court. That's it. She got her passport 2 weeks...based on the Natruralization Certificate that was issued to her. At the interview it is one time you will get to change your name without any hassels.

Last edited by a moderator:
sv2707 said:
Perhaps you are referring to after the citizenship, then of course it would have to go through the courts and I am not sure of the timeframes. As you indicate it is easy at the time of interview. My wife changed her name to the married name at the time of the interview. The interviewing officer @ Newark changed her name and gave a piece of paper that her name change has been filed at the Newark District Court. That's it. She got her passport 2 weeks...based on the Natruralization Certificate that was issued to her. At the interview it is one time you will get to change your name without any hassels.

That's right, but that only aplies to a woman changing her maiden name to her married name...I was also able to change my last name on the spot but it was because legally i'm entitle to take my husband last name...but the officer did explain to me that if a person wants to change their name the process does takes about two months to go through the court system. However, in my case it was done the same day because i was just taking my husband's last name.