Cherry Hill Processing Times for N400

-thanks to god my citizenship process is complete now.
-citizenship interview was like a breeze.INS officer was very friendly.
-interview took 10 min nothing specfic. officer just verified basic information.
-ask me about proof of (over speeding ticket 150$.)which i declare in my application.

I would like to thanks you all for your support and help and wish all of best of luck with citizenship process.

Congrats to you Kab901!! That is fantastic!

Hi Southnj.

No, I still have not received my IL yet. I think they mail out the begining of each month and if you are not in that batch you have to make the next months mailing... does anyone know anything about that?

My PD is 6/30 and I am getting close to making call or setting sn infopass (Which is better?)

Thanks

That's good news USA500

I can feel your happiness after the long frustrating wait! Good luck USA500.

My PD is Aug 9, so I check every message from South NJ who leads me!

Sohaha from Gloucester County, So NJ.

Going back on a Name Change Request

Hi All,

In my N400 Petition, I had requested a name change. Shortly and hopefully I will receive my Interview notification. After seeing all the hazzles and long drawn waiting time, I thought it would be better not to go ahead with the requested name change. But, I don't know whether I can back-out of my initial name change request at the time of interview?

Did anybody experience such a situation? Did the Interviewing Officer agree and allow you to back-out of the previously requested name change? If you backed-out your name change request during your interview, were you allowed to take the swearing ceremony the same day?

Khanna Sir, I am hoping that you will shed some light on this.
Thanks,

Sohaha

Thanks Sohaha and South NJ,

I feel like i am in this journey with many of you on the site. It would be nice if there was a way that we can all meet for a cup of coffee...

Kab901 do you remember which officer u had? I know you said they were nice.

thanks

Congratulations Kab901 and USA5000!
Unixtmusa, how did it go?
Good Luck Rakesh14!
Please post your experiences.

PD:06/26
FP:07/11
ID:03/28

USA 5000, do you mind to let us know your interview date. I was trying to figure out how long is the adavance notice for interview. Thanks.

Thanks Browny! Good luck on your day next week, let us know...

Sure...South NJ, I think My ID is 4/18. Thanks

My interview was scheduled 3/22 at 10:45 am. I got there about 30 mins early and was called by a lady IO around 10:35. I was asked to raise my hand and to swear to tell truth which I did. She poured into my file asking me for my DL, GC and passport. She checked a few items and noticed that my address was different from DL. Told her I moved in Nov 2006, I did an AR-11 and called the USCIS about that.

She continued to look into the file and asked me if I had other passports now that she was looking into my travel. Told her I have my old passport (I am Canadian BTW), gave that to her. She noticed that I have a trip in June 2003 that wasn't listed. I found that hard to believe, I said that to myself, but I knew it was a trip to the Philippines for 2 weeks which I told her. She noted that down and then asked me if I travelled after I filed and told her a day trip to Canada on Sept 19th 2006. She told me that my middle name is spelled different by one letter on my birth cert and I was asked if I want a name change or just dropped it altogether on the natz cert since my passport, GC, DL and other docs don't list my middle name anyway. I said we can just drop it. Middle names in the Phils are typically the maiden name of the mother. Asked me copies of my divorce decree, copy of marriage cert and about my wife and children. She then asked me if I was arrested which I said no. No mention of traffic tickets which I did have but did not list on the N-400. BTW, I took the pain of getting a driving record abstract and all court dispositions for the traffic tickets just in case.

She then proceeded to ask me to write a sentence "I want to be a US Citizen". Asked me to sign a few more papers and then QA on civic questions ensued. I passed everything and was asked to sign a piece of paper stating that. Finally, she gave me back my IDs and asked me if I wanted to come back at 3:30pm for the oath taking which I said "Yes". I stood up, I coudnt help but give out a big smile and then I asked her if I could shake her hand and thanked her as I walked out.

So as of 4:00pm yesterday, I became a new US citizen. I wish all of you would have the same experience I did. The process was not that long for me, 9 months in total, and the experience relatively painless. I'm sure and I have seen that not everyone's experience has been as fortunate and as smooth sailing as mine.

I wish you all the luck and now that this journey has ended, starts a new one for me and my wife now. I married her when I was still a PR and she is a B1 overstay. That came out during my natz interview but it didnt seem to faze the IO. I am hoping that it will be the same painless experience. Her AOS will be filed on Monday 3/26.

congrats!!!

Congrst!! unixtmasue on reaching this first mile stone.

need ur help. i am on the same boat. i need to file for my wife too.
-can u guide me to the process for filling for wife.
-are u talking any lawyer.

Kab901, I have all her papers sorted out already. Even got her medical done since I have this feeling I will become a US citizen so I prepped up everything. In essence, this is what I am doing or have done, keeping in mind that my wife has B1 with an overstay of over 1 year.

- Completed Form I-130 (Petition Alien Relative) and all doc requirements and evidences

- Completed Form Form I-485 (AOS) and all other docs and evidences including I-693 (medical) and I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

- Completed I-765 (Employment for Authorization) and all other required docs and evidences

All the above are available at the USCIS website with how-to and requirements/evidences you need submit as well. I will courier all these on Monday to Chicago. I need to review the docs this weekend to make sure we are not missing anything.

I will not do Advance Parole because I don't want to risk her being denied entry since she has over 1 year of overstay. You may also include that if your spouse wants to travel while doing an AOS. If you need more info, drop me a message or we can go to the proper forum to go further on this specific topic.

I sent you a reply but it looks like my firewall is blocking it right now. I'll respond again on the PM later today. Good luck to you too.

2 quick questions if anyone can help...

Since my PD (June 06') I started a different
employment on 12/06.

Do I need to do anything at the interview for this... like bring
a paystub.. or anything else maybe?

and second How far back to they go on tickets? I did not know they needed this..
even if the ticket was paid on time??

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 quick questions if anyone can help...

Since my PD (June 06') I started a different
employment on 12/06.

Do I need to do anything at the interview for this... like bring
a paystub.. or anything else maybe?

and second How far back to they go on tickets? I did not know they needed this..
even if the ticket was paid on time??

Thank you.

All they would ask is who is your last employer, whether the tickets were paid off.

AJ2000, thank you for your reply.

I am looking forward to that day and want to make sure I am ready...