Cherry Hill Processing Times for N400

Dress Code

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to wear at you interview?
I was thinking a Suit and Tie, but is that too much?
What are most people wearing there?

Congrats to you Sohaha, South NJ you should be getting soon too!

Thanks

Please disregard that last dress code question. As of 4:00 today I am a proud US Citizen.

My rep was fantastic!! Was very amicable and helpful! I was there the entire day. Interview was only about 20 minutes.
18 people became citizens there today from 13 different countries!

Some Advice: Make sure you are on time or early! They keep a tight schedule and sent someone who was late home to rechedule.

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback and advice!

PD 6/29
FP 7/20
IL 3/15
US Citizen 4/17

Good luck to all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulation! USA 500.

I haven't got my IL yet and plan to wait until the end of the month to decide whether I shall file an info pass. Hopefully I will not be stucked in the name check.

For those who have got their IL or already taken oath, have your on-line status disappeared?

Interview in Mount Laurel Office?

Did anyone have their interview done in Mount Laurel, NJ office? If yes, can you please share your experiences (staff friendliness, attitude of interviewing officer, wait times etc)?

Thanks,
Ravi.

Thanks South nj!

rransi, I was there and I can tell you that at least two of the staff members (including my interviewer) that I spoke to were very friendly and nice. I did not get a chance to meet or speak to any others.
My interview was basically to review my app, Provide Lic, Green Card, SS card and Passport. Some yes and no questions, the 10 test questions and write a 5 word sentence....
Expect to be there all day. Morning interview and afternoon oath. I did not mind at all. Place was new and nice too!

Done!

I am done! :D

Here is my timeline for the N400 process - Mt Laurel office

Application Date-->12-Jun-06
Application Priority Date-->21-Jun-06
Fingerprint Date-->7-Jul-06
Interview Letter Date-->8-Feb-07
Interview Date-->26-Mar-07
Oath Date-->13-Apr-07
Passport Application Date-->13-Apr-07
Passport Receive Date-->25-Apr-07 - My B'day!!:)

Happy to answer any questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats aztocatonj!

aztocatonj, I applied for my passport last week and they told me that it could take 10 Weeks... How did you get yours so fast?

Thanks

I get locked out

First to USA5000 - Congrats! south nj - did you get your IL?

Now, everytime I post a message, for some strange reason I am denied permission to post subsequently. I don't know why and everytime I write back to the webmaster1 about it. So there are days together that I am at the mercy of the webmaster to give me access again. It's strange and funny but I don't know what's happening. Last time I posted my message which had a wrong PD, so I immediately edited it with the correct PD. Not sure whether this caused the lockout.

Good luck to all.

Sohaha

I applied expedited with priority delivery. The passport "issue" date is 04/19 - six days after application mail date.

At the post office, I too was told that it would take 3-4 wks. Yet 8 days later, I have a band spanking new ppt :)

It is one of the new types and I plan to store it in the ez-pass rfid-blocking storage bags.

Thank you Sohaha.

aztocatonj, thanks for the response. I applied about 10 days ago and they still have not even cashed my check yet. I hope its quicker too...

Thanks

Hi
Can anyone tell me if I can take my child (5 years old) to the Interview. The baby sitter cancelled in the last minute and I have no choice but to take her.

Completed my Interview. Long wait but went very smooth.
Appt at 1 PM
Went there at 12:30 PM
Called in at 2 PM
Interview process 15 minutes
Oath at 4:30 PM
Out by 5 PM.

Finally I got my IL, it will be on June 11. As I have mentioned on my previous thread, I will move at the end of this month. I plan to send AR-11 to USCIS.

Do I still have to make an info pass to the Mount Laurel office about my address change? I guess I can just walk into the office unless they make the last minute change to reschedule my interview and send to my old address.

Got the Interview Letter

Finally, I got my Interview Letter. Here is the time-line:

Application Priority Date: 28-SEP-2006
Fingerprint Date: 20-OCT-2006 (FP done in Philadelphia)
Interview Letter Date: 02-MAY-2007
Interview Date: 25-JUN-2007

==> Online case status has disappeared.

Interview is in Mount Laurel office.

One question for those who had their interview done in Mount Laurel -

Do we have the oath ceremony done on the same day or is it scheduled for some later date in this office?

Thanks.

Sworn Citizen -- At Cherry Hill

Hi All,

At the outset I would like to thank you all - starting with Srivenu and all the way to the other members on this Cherry Hill site. Next, I must thank Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this website and giving us an opportunity to know before hand what to expect.

Me and my wife were sworn as US Citizens last evening at the Mt. Laurel Office. The process was smooth and the questions were very simple. Interviewing officer took a copy of my birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport copies, drivers license, green card, ssn.

We were let in at 12:30 pm. I had to wait for over for 2 hours and last candidate for citizenship interview. Finished at 3 and sworn at 3:15 pm.

I'd like to write in detail but not sure whether this board will allow me. Usually I encounter lots of problems.

PD August 9th.

Good luck to all. I'll be checking this site for a while just in case any of you require more information.

sohaha

Finally I got my IL, it will be on June 11. As I have mentioned on my previous thread, I will move at the end of this month. I plan to send AR-11 to USCIS.

Do I still have to make an info pass to the Mount Laurel office about my address change? I guess I can just walk into the office unless they make the last minute change to reschedule my interview and send to my old address.

south nj - It is better to take your birth and marrigage certificate copy with you for the interview even if you had produced this at the green card interview. Also, prior to my interview I checked whether I can relocate if my oath is not completed the same day but they advised me not to "mess up" with my interview at this stage. they said don't relocate for any reasons at this stage.

good luck to you.

rgds,

sohaha

I went for interview today. I just get the same experience from other people on this forum, the officer was very nice. Ask the questions on the N-400 and start the civic test. I also updated my address change over there. I was out in 10 minutes. Took the oath in the afternoon. Plan to go to Philly tomorrow for passport application.

I have a friend who filed couple day earlier and is still waiting the the IL. I assume he is still stuck in the name check. Is there anything he can do to expedit the process like writing to Senator's office or First Lady's office? He will appreciate for any advice.

For those who has given me advice before, I would like to thank you for your help and support duirng this process. Wish you all good luck for being American.

Ok, I am done. Now a sworn citizen of United States!

Process was smooth. Interview in Mount Laurel office at 8:40 am. It only took 10 minutes. Officer went over some of the information in the N-400 form. Then, I was asked 10 civics questions and had to write a sentence.

Here are the questions I got:

1) What are the colors of our flag?
2) What is the most important right granted to US Citizens?
3) Who is the commander in chielf of US Army?
4) Which citizenship & naturalization form is used to apply for Citizenship?
5) Who is known as the father of our nation?
6) How many supreme court justices are there?
7) What are the requiements for becoming a president of the US?
8) How many branches are there in a US govenment?
9) What kind of government does US have?
10) Who elects congress?

Oath cermeony done the same day at 3:15pm.

I would like to express my sincerest thanks to all who provided greatly valuable information on these boards. I will be more than glad to answer any questions.

Thanks.