Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

Re : IV Fees

KovaiGC, thanks for the wishes..I will post my CP experience without fail..The wait till Jan 18 is long - wish it was sooner. Later then..

Hi All ,
My case was sent to chennai consulate on Jan 12 th ,i want to check the status of my case after a week ,could some one tell me how to track the staus of my case ?

How many days before will chennai consulate send Oppointment Letter ?and Packet 4 ?

How and when should i inform chennai consulate to send packet-4 to my Indian address ?

Gurus please help ..

Thanks
Naveen

naveenav said:
Hi All ,
My case was sent to chennai consulate on Jan 12 th ,i want to check the status of my case after a week ,could some one tell me how to track the staus of my case ?
My suggestion would be to send an email ChennaiIV to see if your case has been recd and probable interview date.
How many days before will chennai consulate send Oppointment Letter ?and Packet 4 ?
I think they send appt letter after scheduling the interview, which I guess hapens between 10 and 15 of each month
How and when should i inform chennai consulate to send packet-4 to my Indian address ?

Gurus please help ..

Thanks
Naveen

naveenav said:
Hi All ,

{The earlier pattern suggests that the cutoff date in a month is 20th. Your's
would be a border line case for this date. If it is entered in their system
by 20th then you can expect your interview in the month of March'05.
(this is again off if you are EB3, in which case it depends on your PD).

If your interview is in March they will start sending out P4s by about
20th of Feb. You shoud calculate accordingly}

{Give it about 10 days from 12th and then send an email to the Consulate
asking them to send the packet 4 which includes the appointment letter
to your address in India}

Gurus please help ..

Thanks
Naveen

{my responses}

Raju

kovaiGC said:
Pad80, Mine is on Feb 22nd.

Guys, my interview is before all of yours - on the 18th. I've got to start putting together all my documents now - I think there are several lists floating around.
Also, start the hunt for tickets!

Good luck to everyone.

Help needed from Gurus

Gurus,

How long it takes from the date of the Interview the visa to be mailed?. I need this info asap please.

Ghat72.

Hi Raju ,

Thanks for your reply .

My PD is July 3 2001 and mine is EB3 Category. I have couple of other questions ..

Suppose if i leave US before i get P-4 in hand ,can i get a copy of P4 and Appointment letter from Chennai consulate again ?

Will consulate able to tell the Interview date as soon as they enter my case in their systems or should i wait till Feb to get the Interview date ?

Also could you please let me know chennai consulate email address ? Is it the Generic one which is published on chennai website ?

Thanks for your time
Naveen

Ghat72 said:
Gurus,

How long it takes from the date of the Interview the visa to be mailed?. I need this info asap please.

Ghat72.

The Visa if it is issued is mailed out the same day, by Blue Dart Courier service.

Raju

naveenav said:
Hi Raju ,

Thanks for your reply .

My PD is July 3 2001 and mine is EB3 Category. I have couple of other questions ..

Suppose if i leave US before i get P-4 in hand ,can i get a copy of P4 and Appointment letter from Chennai consulate again ?

{You can collect a copy of the appointment letter from the Consulate
window. Apart from this there is nothing really important in the packet
4. You can download the medical form from Immihelp.}

Will consulate able to tell the Interview date as soon as they enter my case in their systems or should i wait till Feb to get the Interview date ?

{If your interview falls in March you will know the interview only from
about 9th or 10th of Feb by email and around 15th on the web}

Also could you please let me know chennai consulate email address ? Is it the Generic one which is published on chennai website ?

{It is the same one you find on the website}

Thanks for your time
Naveen

{my responses}

Raju

Et all,

We are done with our medicals on 10th ..it was a routine stuff.. my interview is scheduled on 18th at 9AM. Wish me luck :).

Jeet

Good Luck on your interview. Looking forward to hear your successful interview exp. Please post u r detailed expr when you get a chance.

Jeet, I have questions reg medicals,
1)were u able to complete the tests and Dr. Visit on the same day?
2)what are the vaccinations administered to you?

This will be really helpful to me since I am having the interview next month.

Thanks..

Packet 4

To guys who are expecting their Packet 4....
Write to the chennaiIV mail id and tell them about your plans to leave for India..they will send you all the docs as email attachments. They dont let anyone collect the Packet 4 from the consulate anymore (atleast thats what the mail said). You will get the yellow appointment letter by postal mail though. The email attachs can be printed out..Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip dinz10. How long before do we need to send the email? I guess u r just a day before the big day.

Re : Packet 4

KovaiGC,
I was leaving on Jan 8. I sent a mail on Dec 29 telling them that I was leaving for India shortly & that I didnt get the P4. They emailed me the email attachs on Dec 30. A few days later, the yellow appt letter came in the post. I would say, maybe 15 days before you leave for India would be a good time to email the ChennaiIV unit. Hope this helps. :)