Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

EB3 retrogress and Priority date info

Hi Guys,
Since EB3 dates are expected to regtrogress in Jan, including our Priority Date information in our signatures might be useful in guessing the movement of the cut-off dates.
At this stage, listing one's PD info is more useful to forum members than say I 140 AD

Just a suggestion,

Thanks and Best Of Luck,
Milind

Thanks Raju!! My priority date is Nov 26th,2001 (ie when my company applied for labour). But I didn't understand about cut-off dates etc etc. Can someone please explain on a high level about how it will affect us?

Jeet

To all,

In sent out an email to Chennai consulate (as my case was transferred on 10/26 by NVC) to check on a tentative date for the interview. The reply I got was "sometime in Jan/Feb". Does this mean that the P3 has been entered by the consulate?

Sachingp,

Thanks - Yes I did mention the case number but the message did not say when they received the case, like any date. I am not sure if anyone has got the received date from the consulate in the return email.

snm65 said:
Sachingp,

Thanks - Yes I did mention the case number but the message did not say when they received the case, like any date. I am not sure if anyone has got the received date from the consulate in the return email.
They don't do that usually.

Visa Numbers

Any one knows at what point Consulate request for the Visa numbers?. Do they have a Visa number when they allocate the Interview date?.

Ghat 72

snm65 said:
Jeet0404,

I am pasting two links (which I copied from another thread in this forum) which will give you the insight you are looking for about 'cut-off dates'. Hope this helps.

Priority dates - How do they work ?
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

Backlog Reduction may Impact Employment Priority Dates
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_bacred.html

The links are thanks to bulandhausla.
SNM,
I noticed you've updated the P3 entered by consulate on cptracker. Did you send an email to them? My case went on the same day as your's but I was waiting for a few days before checking with consulate.

Intezar_imtehan,

yes I did send an email last afternoon and I found the reply in my inbox this morning. The consulate was pretty prompt.

snm65 said:
Intezar_imtehan,

yes I did send an email last afternoon and I found the reply in my inbox this morning. The consulate was pretty prompt.
Snm,
thanks. i've sent an email. I assume they did not tell you the date since you've not posted that.

No dates were given - all they said was "sometime in January/February". Going by CPtracker dateline I think it will be Jan. Since my case is E3 and I have seen on this forum that people get dates anytime during the month unlike E2/E1 applicants, who get interview dates between 15th and the 30th of the month, I am a bit confused and unable to make any plans yet :confused: :confused: :confused:

Snm,
Thanks, recd a reply from consulate confirming that they have received the case. They said interview was likely in Jan and date will be known on Dec 12

Et all,

I got the message from NVC that they forwarded my case to chennai consulate on 11/03/04. I have updated the info on cptracker too. I think I will get interview in Feb...if I am lucky enough..then it might move to Jan :).

Jeet

Jeet might be in Jan

10/26 and 11/03 does not make huge difference if you are after 11/12 then you are most likely to get in January.

Like my case was sent on 10/15 to consulate.
I think if i understand it right they typically ask for 2 months time for scheduling if there are not enough cases then you could get bumped earlier

if your case does reach consulate before 11/12 there is a chance for Jan.
it could be close (much like our elections :( )

S

intezar_imtehan said:
Snm,
Thanks, recd a reply from consulate confirming that they have received the case. They said interview was likely in Jan and date will be known on Dec 12
What do you mean they 'Confirmed receiving the case' ? Did they actually say that? Please let me know.

Snm, here's the full text of their email. I asked if they could confirm if my case was received by them.
ChennaiIV@state.gov said:
Yes, we ahve received the case. YOur appointment is likley to be in January.
You will know the exact date after December 12.
Visa Information Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India
Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir), 28112000(board)
Fax - 91-44- 28112020, 28112027
Website - http://chennai.usconsulate.gov

Thanks sada. How many days does it take usually to reach our case to consulate and enter the case info to their system pls?

Yep...looks like it is close :))

Jeet

intezar_imtehan said:
Snm, here's the full text of their email. I asked if they could confirm if my case was received by them.
Thanks. Maybe because I did not ask them to confirm receipt of my case they did not do it. So I am going to send out another email asking them to confirm if they received my case

Guys, My P3 review was completed on 11/05/2004. How long does it take NVC to send to consulate? Can I expect feb 05 interview?

I would appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks..