Chennai Jan/Feb 2005 Interview

Case in consulate

M160,
i got the reply from chennai today. they said most likely the interview will be in Jan and the date will be known after Dec 12
/S

r_sada,

Cool.. Same for me. when are u planning to reach chennai.. How much time do you think this medical etc/etc process will take..

m160.

Plans

M160
im planning to leave 1 or 2 of Jan mostly not yet reserved yet
but planning to book after Nov 10th ( after seeing the update on chennai website)
If the interview is last of Jan , then i will leave around Jan 10th

/S

Email Address For Chennai Consulate

Guys,

What is the email address for the consulate to verify the receipt of P3 and to check possible interview dates?.

Ghat72.

Here is the Email id ChennaiIV@state.gov
Other question i have is
Mine and my wife's PCC is dated Sept 21st and im hoping to have the interview in Jan.
The PCC is valid for 6 months and hence i should be covered
does any of you see any issues in the time period of it being valid ?

/S

r_sada said:
Here is the Email id ChennaiIV@state.gov
Other question i have is
Mine and my wife's PCC is dated Sept 21st and im hoping to have the interview in Jan.
The PCC is valid for 6 months and hence i should be covered
does any of you see any issues in the time period of it being valid ?

/S

I have similar issue My PCC from UK is dated September 7th. I wish I get my Interview before end of Feb. My lawyer is still working on my P3 and I am hopeful to get it out early next week. I will anyway apply for a backup PCC from UK in December I guess. My PCC from NY consulate is dated October so I should be ok I guess.

Ghat72 said:
I have similar issue My PCC from UK is dated September 7th. I wish I get my Interview before end of Feb. My lawyer is still working on my P3 and I am hopeful to get it out early next week. I will anyway apply for a backup PCC from UK in December I guess. My PCC from NY consulate is dated October so I should be ok I guess.

HI Ghat72,

I worked in uk some 4 years back.I got my pcc from UK from a year back.IS that pCC is not valid?

Normally the consulates required a PCC which was issued within past 6 mos. of the interview.

appan said:
So again i have to apply for new pcc from UK? :mad:

My lawyer said PCC dated 1 year or lesser on date of application for the visa is valid. But I read from Chennai Consulate FAQ that PCC dated 6 months or less is required. In any case I am going to apply for one in any case. Hope this laink may help you http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/faq.htm to get a PCC from UK. Its a pretty staright forward process.

Ghat72 said:
My lawyer said PCC dated 1 year or lesser on date of application for the visa is valid. But I read from Chennai Consulate FAQ that PCC dated 6 months or less is required. In any case I am going to apply for one in any case. Hope this laink may help you http://www.met.police.uk/dataprotection/faq.htm to get a PCC from UK. Its a pretty staright forward process.

Ghat72 ,

I already got the pcc from UK.May be it is 18 months old.So it is really required to get pCC again?

r_sada said:
M160
im planning to leave 1 or 2 of Jan mostly not yet reserved yet
but planning to book after Nov 10th ( after seeing the update on chennai website)
If the interview is last of Jan , then i will leave around Jan 10th

/S

r_sada
me too.. I received my PCC in Aug.. I am hoping the interview is around Jan 15.. Looking at the past Eb2 dates, that seems the right time.. Dont know how the holiday season will affect the schedules..

m160

Afidavit of Support?

Do I need to fill one for every applicant, Me, my wife and daughter?. My wife does not work.

Ghat

Alern, Raju, SNM, r_sada et all,

Does the NVC message change once they sent the info / packet to consulate pls? As I am still hearing the review is complete, thought of checking with you all.

Jeet

Ghat72 said:
Do I need to fill one for every applicant, Me, my wife and daughter?. My wife does not work.

Ghat

You need to fill one I-134 for your wife and one for your daughter (if she is not born in US).

You don't need one for yourself.

Raju

jeet0404 said:
Alern, Raju, SNM, r_sada et all,

Does the NVC message change once they sent the info / packet to consulate pls? As I am still hearing the review is complete, thought of checking with you all.

Jeet

In about 7 to 10 days of completion of review you will notice the message change to 'The case has been sent to (consulate name) on (date sent)...'.

Raju