Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

tracking charlotte stats

Hi,

Is anyone keeping stats for charlotte, if not, i can do that and post the information.

i am planning to keep stats for Cases in pending or completed in 2007 for charlotte DO.

If someone is already doing it, following are my stats

18 months and counting ...

Hi to everyone who is stuck with Charlotte office. Here is my story. My case is out of processing time for a year already.

PD 01/17/2006
FP 03/21/2006
ID 05/19/2006 Scheduled
05/03/2006 Interview cancelled by INS (due to unforeseen circumstances) and I was advised to wait for futher notice.......

So, since than I just keep calling INS and keep receiving letters - "WAIT FOR 3-6 MONTHS, THAN CALL US".

I dont know what to do. My friends told me to start writing to governor/senator/president... But I read somewhere that by writing to them I can only make it worth - INS will loose or delay my case even more.
I'm so tired of waiting. I dont want to be stuck in this process for years...

Last edited by a moderator:
any received IL in july ?

Hi Folks,

did anyone in the charlotte DO receive interview letters in july ?
i was wondering how long is the current wait between the Interview letter date and Interview date ?

I got my letter for the interview on 04/06/2006 and it was scheduled for 05/19/2006.
I guess they always give you 4-5 weeks to prepare for the interview.

My interview was cancelled on 05/03/2006 (probably I got stuck with a name check). And I still waiting...

Good luck to you, snk425. I hope you'll get your citizenship quick. Seems that whole process normally takes only 5-6 months, unless ... "name check gone bad" :mad: ... I mean - LONG :mad:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Charlotte

PD 01/17/2006
FP 03/21/2006
ID 05/19/2006 Scheduled
05/03/2006 Interview cancelled (due to unforeseen circumstances)
and I was advised to wait for futher notice.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello

Friends..

I am following this thread..thanx everyone for good & valied info.
I am also in charlotte & sending N400 out tomorrow..
So, what r possible FP dates?
Based on this THREAD, it may be with in 3 weeks or may be within one year..
IS that right? Thanx for attention on this..

You should get FP invitation in 1-2 months. Your FP will be valid for 15 months. If you name check will take longer than 15 months, INS will schedule one more time FP for you.

My fingerprints already expired, but my name check is still in process!!!!!!!
Why????????????????
How long its gonna take ?????????????????????

July backlog, check not cashed

Hi All,

I sent in N-400 July 28 and check has not been cashed in as of September 11 due to backlog of cases. I'm not holding by breath for any response from them anytime soon. Good thing my GC only runs out in 2009.

TSC Sent N-400 July 28
Received by TSC August 1

800-375-5283 is the number to call to check status, but there's no point calling now if you only mailed N-400 anytime after early July for TSC since N400 application notifications are current up until July 16 as of September 7th for TSC. I would give it at least 60-90 days form the date you mailed your application before you make any call for a check status.

How long n400 take at Charlotte

for my wife,

PD = 05/30
FP = 06/30

for me

PD = 06/14
FP = 07/21

Hi snk425,

It seems Charlotte is the lower DO for N400.
Do you know the average time from PD to IL at Charlotte? The USCIS website published at 15th Sep. is N400 is Jan.16.
What that mean? Is this mean if PD is before Jan 16 ,can receive IL?

I sent my n400 to TSC at 6th July,do know when can I reveive IL.

Hi snk425,

It seems Charlotte is the lower DO for N400.
Do you know the average time from PD to IL at Charlotte? The USCIS website published at 15th Sep. is N400 is Jan.16.
What that mean? Is this mean if PD is before Jan 16 ,can receive IL?

I sent my n400 to TSC at 6th July,do know when can I reveive IL.

Have your checks been cashed in yet? If yes, please post when they cashed them andif you have received any notification letter(s).

How long does N-400 take at Charlotte, NC??

Hi All,

I mailed our N-400 applications along with checks on 9/13/07. TSC recd. the packet 9/17/07. It's been 8 days and the checks have not yet been cashed. For those from Charlotte who are ahead in the N-400 process what has been your experience regarding cashing of checks?

Maybe I am too anxious and need to sit back, relax and take it easy.

Thanks

Hi All,

I mailed our N-400 applications along with checks on 9/13/07. TSC recd. the packet 9/17/07. It's been 8 days and the checks have not yet been cashed. For those from Charlotte who are ahead in the N-400 process what has been your experience regarding cashing of checks?

Maybe I am too anxious and need to sit back, relax and take it easy.

Thanks

USCIS shows that TSC is current on N400 application notifications up to PD of July 17,2007 as of September 21. This means that anyone with a PD after July 17 likely hasn't had their check cashed in yet. Be prepared to wait up to 60-90 days before seeing your check cashed due to the backlog in cases caused by an influx of applications sent before fee increase July 20, 2007.

Thanks Bobsmyth.

Checks if not cashed expire after 90 I think. I hope they cash the check within 90 days.

Can you send me the link where the TSC information says "USCIS shows that TSC is current on N400 application notifications up to PD of July 17,2007 as of September 21. "

Thanks

21 month and counting.....

I just got another letter from USCIS...
It said : " wait 6 more month and than contact us" :eek:
ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS SINCE I APPLIED!!!!!!! :mad:
I CALLED THEM MANY TIMES, AND RECEIVED THE SAME REPLY - "CASE PENDING"
:mad:

I'm going crazy!
--------------------------------------------------------
Charlotte

RECEIPT 01/17/2006
FINGERPRINTS 03/21/2006
INTERVIEW Scheduled 05/19/2006
INTERVIEW cancelled 05/03/2006 (due to unforeseen circumstances)

MY CASE IS OUT OF PROCESSING TIME BY MORE THAN 350 DAYS:eek:

I just got another letter from USCIS...
It said : " wait 6 more month and than contact us" :eek:
ITS BEEN ALMOST 2 YEARS SINCE I APPLIED!!!!!!! :mad:
I CALLED THEM MANY TIMES, AND RECEIVED THE SAME REPLY - "CASE PENDING"
:mad:

I'm going crazy!
--------------------------------------------------------
Charlotte

RECEIPT 01/17/2006
FINGERPRINTS 03/21/2006
INTERVIEW Scheduled 05/19/2006
INTERVIEW cancelled 05/03/2006 (due to unforeseen circumstances)

MY CASE IS OUT OF PROCESSING TIME BY MORE THAN 350 DAYS:eek:

Have you written your congressman yet or any other political official?

traveling while N400 is pending.

I filed N400 for myself and my wife back Mar 2007( Mar 3rd). FP is done and have been waiting for an interview. My FO is Charlotte. Back in Mar, Charlotte was 5-6 months. All of us are traveling to India beginning Nov. Any idea what to do in this case? I called NSC and they gave me scripted response. Should I get an infopass? If I get it, does my wife need to be present or I can discuss with the officer about her case?

Any help is appreciated.