Charlotte, NC - N-400 Timeline

To be done soon!

:) I and my wife had our interviews yesterday and both of us got through without any issues. We tried getting in early anticipating same day oath. We were not allowed to get in and asked to come back just 30 minutes before my wife's interview time (my interview was scheduled 20 minutes after her interview, they let both spouses in at the same time). We waited inside for an hour or so. We both were done withing 2 hours and asked to come back on 6/29 to take oath.

Our details if any body wonders.

Mailed: 4/12/06
PD: 4/17/06
FP: 5/9/06
ID: 6/22/06
OD: 6/29/06

Whole process will be done in 77 days!!

Good Luck!

Hi infy,

Congrats !

What time was your and your wife's interview time ? Is it true that
if ur interview time is in morning , you can get oath the same day ?

Thanks

infy said:
:) I and my wife had our interviews yesterday and both of us got through without any issues. We tried getting in early anticipating same day oath. We were not allowed to get in and asked to come back just 30 minutes before my wife's interview time (my interview was scheduled 20 minutes after her interview, they let both spouses in at the same time). We waited inside for an hour or so. We both were done withing 2 hours and asked to come back on 6/29 to take oath.

Our details if any body wonders.

Mailed: 4/12/06
PD: 4/17/06
FP: 5/9/06
ID: 6/22/06
OD: 6/29/06

Whole process will be done in 77 days!!

Good Luck!

Thanks!

My interview was scheduled at 12:50 PM and my wife's was at 12:30 PM. The oath ceremony starts at 1:00 PM if there happens to be one on that day. There is one on Thursdays for sure. If ones appointment is at or before 11:30 am, there is good chance that he/she may get to attand the same day ceremony.

Hope this helps!

Fingerprinting tips

I'd add two simple tips for fingerprinting at Charlotte:

1. Avoid use of cream or lotion for the day. The fingers need to wet uniformly.

2. Showing up 15 minutes early may get you out sooner (helpful if you are from outside town).

Interview Descheduled

Me and my wife applied N400 same time, FP'd same time. I got interview letter but got the interview descheduled letter for unknown reasons. My wife got the interview weeks later, and had same day oath. My deschedule letter came from Charlotte, status of case not available online.Any idea how long it takes to get the interview letter after decshedule? Any one with same experience.

ND Mar 23, 2006
FP Apr 24, 2006
IV Jun 15, 2006
IV Descheule letter ND May 30, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you receive Notice Of Action for Interview? (When did you receive Interview Letter?). This might help you resolve the mystery surrounding.

rxrajan said:
Me and my wife applied N400 same time, FP'd same time. I got interview letter but got the interview descheduled letter for unknown reasons. My wife got the interview weeks later, and had same day oath. My deschedule letter came from Charlotte, status of case not available online.Any idea how long it takes to get the interview letter after decshedule? Any one with same experience.

ND Mar 23, 2006
FP Apr 24, 2006
IV Jun 15, 2006

rxrajan said:

ND Mar 23, 2006
FP Apr 24, 2006
IV Jun 15, 2006

You have to make an infopass appointment to ask why did they deschedule your interview. Most probably it was due to the fact that your security clearnance has not cleared yet.
There is this new memo a/c to which they are only conducting naturalization interviews for those who got all of their security checks cleared at the time of the interview.
Hope this help.

havefun said:
When did you receive Notice Of Action for Interview? (When did you receive Interview Letter?). This might help you resolve the mystery surrounding.

Interview ND May01, 2006

USCIS memo not to have an interview until Name Check is complete came into light on April 25, 2006. So you got IV letter close to that date so your IV might have been scheduled without your name check completed.

Here is the original USCIS memo dated April 25, 2006

http://www.garmo.com/pdf/n-400memo.pdf

Here is the interpretation of that memo by Murthy Law Firm
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_delcer.html

So my wild guess will be that your name check is not complete and that could be the reason why your IV has been de-scheduled.

rxrajan said:
Interview ND May01, 2006

Updates:

RD: 04/18/06
PD: 04/18/06
FD: 05/20/06
ID: 07/14/06
OD: 07/21/06

Just came back from my interview. I have to go back for the oath(sucks!) as my interview was at 12:00 pm. I think the cut off for the oath is 11:00 AM interview.
Overall good experience, officer was courteous, interview went off smoothly. She asked my if I had registered for SSC(?), I said no.

Applicant's Request for Delaying Oath

How easy it is to request an oath delay if offered same day as interview? Is it possible to set a confirmed date (couple of months later) during interview step? Is Nat Cert handed on day of Oath or mailed?

Comments, anybody? Thanks.

Experience with 'Expedited' Passport Service

Anybody with experience with expedited passport services, please? Delivered as promised?

Thanks!

ub215 said:
Completed my interview today.. So here are the details.
My next visit was to the postoffice, where I was able to complete the expedited passport request within 45 minutes, they had the photograph equipment etc. and everything was a breeze. Dont forget to make a copy of your citizenship certificate, It will be taken away by the passport office.

Naturalization Certificate handed over immediately after the oath..

help4all said:
How easy it is to request an oath delay if offered same day as interview? Is it possible to set a confirmed date (couple of months later) during interview step? Is Nat Cert handed on day of Oath or mailed?

Comments, anybody? Thanks.

I guess you can get your oath scheduled in future. Check with the officer. The Naturalization Certificate is handed over to you there itself after the oath.

Good Luck!

Charlotte Process Timeline Data, May - Aug 06

Here is a set of data

Process started in May, FP by 4th week, ID & Oath by 12th week

Note to readers: Keep posting dates even if you see last post a bit in the past. This is sort of a hop-on hop-off forum.

Getting front row at Oath Ceremony

For some of you who care to have a picture taken during oath (at Charlotte), you would probably wish to be seated at the front row. Taking the front row early on *wont* help.. so here is how it can be done.

The seat layout of the room is thus: there are three blocks of seats... Left- Center-Right (directions are as if you were on Podium facing the audience). The center section is for the candidates while the left and right are for their guests. On the right side of the podium is a desk where some officials will help coordinate things.

To get the front row eventually sit down close to this desk - the right section, and in the *rightmost* column of seats (even though it is for the guests). Here is why... you will be asked to line up starting from the desk. The line will snake to the back of the room, turn left through the last row of seats, and then turn to the front between *Left* and Center sections. I should mention this - the line is formed to turn in oath appointment letter and GC.

How the line is formed sets the seating arrangement - first 15 get the front row. You have perhaps about 30 seconds to line up or miss the first 15.

Guests are allowed to take a photo, and can walk over to the front of the podium.

Attitudes of Inverview Officers at CLT

I noticed an aloofness amongst some immigration officers as they announced names in the waiting room. They seemed to brush away/ignore greetings or small talk candidates may have initiated- sort of rude, if you ask me. Consider this, a vast majority are at the doorstep of citizenship, and even if not, they are still examiners fellow city or state residents. I saw this happen to candidate after candidate. Just about one or two examiners seemed to greet candidates with courtesy.

I repeat words of a neighbor who went through the same office - it is as if they have the power over you and do not consider you as an equal, yet.

My interview went fine, but the moment I sensed a cool professionalism, I restricted my responses to strictly what was asked...no extra words, no fillers, speak when spoken to...

If you wish to remain positive, consider a general compliment on 'fast processing by his/her office.'

Charlotte PD 05/31 processing time

PD 05/31
FD 06/30

No update yet on Interview dates etc...is there any way to call someone and find out?

My time line -
Jun/4/06 N-400 mailed to Texas Service Center
Jun/14/06 FP letter received
July/8/06 FP done at Charlotte
July/18/06 Interview letter received
Aug/28/06 Interview in morning at Charlotte office
Aug/28/06 Oath in afternoon

Total time less than 3 months.

N400 pending for morethan 9 months in Charlotte

I am in the N400 queue for a long time as you can see the dates below. My wife applied along with me, she is a US Citizen since two months. My case status disappeared, called INS once, she looked at the processing dates and said I need to wait two months. Now, the N400 processing dates are already passed my notce dates and I dont know what is going on. While I am not in urgency to get this done quickly, I was wondering whether I need to do something to jump start this baby, otherwise may be the file will sleep somewhere in the garage. Anyone with simillar experience?. Thanks a bunch.

ND Mar 23, 2006
FP Apr 24, 2006
IV Jun 15, 2006
IV Deschedule letter ND May 30, 2006

Very frustrated, PD 6/2006, No IV letter

PD: 6/15/2006
FP: 7/6/2006
IV:????????????

I guess I am in the hell of being Name Checked, despite just have a non-common Chinese name.

VERY FRUSTRATED!

Any body in Charlotte NC in the same boat??