• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data update

Yes - usually like that for a day or two before issued.
Who does the background checks? KCC or the local embassy? Or both from their own perspective? Thanks. BTW, is there really a process called FBI name check? If yes, who asks FBI to do this? Again embassy or KCC?

Who does the background checks? KCC or the local embassy? Or both from their own perspective? Thanks. BTW, is there really a process called FBI name check? If yes, who asks FBI to do this? Again embassy or KCC?

Both and yes.

As an aside I think it's strange that you ask "is there really such a process" when a simple google search not only reveals there is but probably tells you far more than you ever thought to ask about it.

Well my CEAC Status has gone from AP to Issued. So I guess this means I'm done? It sounds like they are ready to mail my passport and docs back via courier.

Where's knite?

I appear to have been mistaken. I honestly believed, naively as it turns out, that once the visas were issued someone would relax.

Where's knite?

I appear to have been mistaken. I honestly believed, naively as it turns out, that once the visas were issued someone would relax.
Here I am. Sorry for late response. It was a busy day and had no time to check the forum. How can I help you?

will my son (12 years ) need to apply for a ssn?
If you have in possetion your SSN from previous US visits and it doesn't say "need authorization to work" you may use it. Also check DS260 whether you and your son asked for new SSN. If yes, you'll get a new one automaticaly within 3 weeks.

If you have in possetion your SSN from previous US visits and it doesn't say "need authorization to work" you may use it. Also check DS260 whether you and your son asked for new SSN. If yes, you'll get a new one automaticaly within 3 weeks.

They don't change the SSN for someone who previously had a number. If it has the restirction on the old card, they simply send you a new card without the restriction (but you have to ask for that and show I-551 etc.

In addition to what Simon said above, there's no guarantee that one automatically gets their SSN as a result of ticking the 'Yes' box on the DS-260 form where it asks about requesting for the SSN. There have been reports of people who selected the 'Yes' option and waited in vain for the card to show up.

Nothing obvious.

I'm paranoid so I'm going to bring two folders to the interview: Required Documents and Emergency Documents. Emergency is for documents that aren't required but are backup incase of something unexpected. Eg for a couple of countries that don't require a police certificate I'll have the reciprocity page printed, also some more financial proof.

As a single (young?) person I'd bring additional financial evidence. Also university degree if you have one.

When is your interview?

when I filled in ds260, I said we both want ssn...and I also listed my previous ssn..my old ssn says ' valid for work only with DHS authorization' ..I think it should be better after we enter to call or visit ssa to get ssn or have the restriction lifted