• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data update

On CEAC website, my status changed to Ready. So, now just counting the days till the interview. Of course, preparing the documents as well.

hello, I ve been at interview today at 8 am in London, and lady CO said at the end: congrats ur visa is approved, u ll receive passports within 2 weeks; make sure u enter before 14 jan; but I checked ceac just now - 3h later..it only says Ready like for interview.. though it does say updated 5 Aug ...is it too early to be updated?
Hey congrats on getting your visa!

Is that the same for all Embassy/Consulate related issues, visas etc? Are all updates including correspondences, status updates etc are done on Thursdays?

No. Only for people who panic about Wednesday.

Seriously, if someone just got told their visa was approved, you'd think they'd be happy about it rather than looking for something else to worry about,right?

Seriously, if someone just got told their visa was approved, you'd think they'd be happy about it rather than looking for something else to worry about,right?
Is there any advantage to gain by entering for the first time (as an immigrant) on a particular day of the week (or month)?:)

Last edited:
Is there any advantage on entering for the first time (as an immigrant) on a particular day of the week (or month)?:)

As long as the particular day is before your visa expires you're fine ;)

Might be more expedient to check quieter times of day at your POE, if you have options on your flights, which will mean you have a faster entry.

Well. I have heard instances when people are told that their visas are approved by the CO but then their cases are stuck on AP for weeks and even months. To me, there is no joy until you physically have your visa in your hand. And possibly, not until you pass the VO at the airport. That girl is full of anxiety at all the segments of the road and that's how she is. This is of course hard to understand by people who have already taken their visas and do not have to think "what if". There is no real empathy in life. A lot of times. BTW, thanks for the reply!

Well. I have heard instances when people are told that their visas are approved by the CO but then their cases are stuck on AP for weeks and even months. To me, there is no joy until you physically have your visa in your hand. And possibly, not until you pass the VO at the airport. That girl is full of anxiety at all the segments of the road and that's how she is. This is of course hard to understand by people who have already taken their visas and do not have to think "what if". There is no real empathy in life. A lot of times. BTW, thanks for the reply!
my visas issued yesterday now, waiting to get the tracking number from delivery company.

I have my interview next week and I have prepared all the documents as outlined on www.dvselectee.gov As I look through the doc's I have a paranoid feeling that I've forgotten something as the folder contains so few documents.
I have each of the following with a black and white photocopy of each:

My Education Qualifications.
My Birth Cert.
My police Clearance Certs from 3 countries I've lived in.
My 2 Photo's.
Printed Bank Statements.
The USA address of my relative I will stay with.
DS260 Confirmation page.
Interview Notification Letter.
Passport itself.
Medical Report.

I have never been: married, in military, deported, have no kids, never in court/prison.

Is there something obvious I've omitted? Thanks for reading,
Annanz

Last edited:
I have my interview next week and I have prepared all the documents as outlined on www.dvselectee.gov As I look through the doc's I have a paranoid feeling that I've forgotten something as the folder contains so few documents.
I have each of the following with a black and white photocopy of each:

My Education Qualifications.
My Birth Cert.
My police Clearance Certs from 3 countries I've lived in.
My 2 Photo's.
Printed Bank Statements.
The USA address of my relative I will stay with.
DS260 Confirmation page.
Interview Notification Letter.
Passport itself.
Medical Report.

I have never been: married, in military, deported, have no kids, never in court/prison.

Is there something obvious I've omitted? Thanks for reading,
Annanz
You're missing the Court certificate. Even though you've never been to court/prison, you will still need that certificate.

Do you mean a letter from the Courthouse stating that I've never been brought before the court? Thanks for pointing that out LulKova. Susie, my interview is in Ireland next week. Do you reckon I require this court document?
Thanks to both of you guys,
Annanz

Do you mean a letter from the Courthouse stating that I've never been brought before the court? Thanks for pointing that out LulKova. Susie, my interview is in Ireland next week. Do you reckon I require this court document?
Annanz
My interview is also in Ireland in 2 weeks time.

From the lengthy thread on the DV lottery on the boards.ie forum not one selectee has ever mentioned this requirement for the US Embassy in Dublin.

It can only be a requirement if you've ever been convicted of a crime.
Applicants who have been convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that he or she may have subsequently benefited from an amnesty, pardon or other act of clemency.

Last edited:
You're missing the Court certificate. Even though you've never been to court/prison, you will still need that certificate.

Never heard of anyone who has never had a court or prison record being required to present a letter attesting to the fact.

Annanz

You do not need it.

My interview is also in Ireland in 2 weeks time.

From the lengthy thread on the DV lottery on the boards.ie forum not one selectee has ever mentioned this requirement for the US Embassy in Dublin.

It can only be a requirement if you've ever been convicted of a crime.
Hi Shazzbot,
Does boards.ie actually have a list of documents required for Dublin embassy?
Thanks,
Annanz

Hi Shazzbot,
Does boards.ie actually have a list of documents required for Dublin embassy?
Thanks,
Annanz
The list you posted above fulfils all requirements to my knowledge.

Although, if you've ever lived in the US before, say on a J1, the selectees have brought documentation along. As well as photocopies of everything.

By all accounts the DV interview there is a breeze.

Thanks Shazzbot,
I did a J1 a long time ago, but have no paperwork at all pertaining to it.
Well, thanks for the pointers you provided me with. I hope it is a breeze.
Best Wishes,
Annanz

Is this country specific? This is not true for most people.
You're right, some countries require that and some don't. US Embassy in Skopje where I have the interview in September require that document, that's why I suggested it. But, someone who had their interview in Dublin can be the best person to ask.