• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data update

I have my interview next week and I have prepared all the documents as outlined on www.dvselectee.gov As I look through the doc's I have a paranoid feeling that I've forgotten something as the folder contains so few documents.
I have each of the following with a black and white photocopy of each:

My Education Qualifications.
My Birth Cert.
My police Clearance Certs from 3 countries I've lived in.
My 2 Photo's.
Printed Bank Statements.
The USA address of my relative I will stay with.
DS260 Confirmation page.
Interview Notification Letter.
Passport itself.
Medical Report.

I have never been: married, in military, deported, have no kids, never in court/prison.

Is there something obvious I've omitted? Thanks for reading,
Annanz

Nothing obvious.

I'm paranoid so I'm going to bring two folders to the interview: Required Documents and Emergency Documents. Emergency is for documents that aren't required but are backup incase of something unexpected. Eg for a couple of countries that don't require a police certificate I'll have the reciprocity page printed, also some more financial proof.

As a single (young?) person I'd bring additional financial evidence. Also university degree if you have one.

Like @guestgulkan, I had two folders: one with the required documents as per consular / state.gov instructions and another folder with supporting documents. We did have to use one of our supporting documents so it was worth taking in more than what was necessary.

The trick is to give them what they ask for: nothing more and nothing less. Do that and it should be a straightforward process.

Make sure you have any expirsed passports with valid US visas. The IV shal be issued once they "cancel the without prejudice" the old ones

I also have just one tracking number for 4 of us because at the interview filled in only one shipment waybill. Don't worry. You'll get all passports.

Hi Folks,
I have had by Visa approved and have now registered with the courier company as instructed by the interview officer. Do I need to inform the Embassy that I have registered? Or is that not necessary?
Thank you,
Annanz

I also have just one tracking number for 4 of us because at the interview filled in only one shipment waybill. Don't worry. You'll get all passports.
u were right ..both passports in !!! now someone picked them up, I need to get them ..where do I pay that 165 fee? thanks

u were right ..both passports in !!! now someone picked them up, I need to get them ..where do I pay that 165 fee? thanks

With the package there's a immigration brochure and instructions. Follow them. Don't open the Orange envelopes - at the POE the immigration officer shall take them for further processing. Make sure you have enough photo copies of your medicals because your son won't be able to attend school or your future employer might need them.

With the package there's a immigration brochure and instructions. Follow them. Don't open the Orange envelopes - at the POE the immigration officer shall take them for further processing. Make sure you have enough photo copies of your medicals because your son won't be able to attend school or your future employer might need them.

Knite. You are now designated the official Adelahelpa. Congratulations and thank you.

O, I ve not seen them yet , the person who picked them told me there are sealed envelopes and they are not to be opened...thanks for the info.

Thanks Adela,
Do you know if I need to call embassy to tell them I have registered with the courier?
Best Wishes
A.
Hello, I think you should, but I am not sure. In my case in London I had to register before, and I gave them the details at the interview.

Hi Guys,
Is it normal for the ceac site to say that my visa is on AP? Just checked it this morning and it stated that. Is this some kind of temporary thing while they do some more background checks?
Thanks,
Annanz

Hi Guys,
Is it normal for the ceac site to say that my visa is on AP? Just checked it this morning and it stated that. Is this some kind of temporary thing while they do some more background checks?
Thanks,
Annanz

Yes - usually like that for a day or two before issued.