• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data (Full) 9-1-2014

Hi Simon, Do you now if still they are issueing visas for Sep interview cases or pending AP?If Sep interview schedule already finished then can we expect during 3 working days left they issue visas for some A.P cases from Asia and Europe or they still focus only for Africa cases?

Over the last few days, they have issued quite a number of visas to older cases - i.e. AP cases - or those that were marked as ready. However, it is very clear they don't have enough visas to satisfy all the AP/waiting cases, so yes I think we will see a few more cases issued over the next few days but not many. We have only been seeing volume in AF region which I think means they are deliberately holding back AS and EU for regional quota reasons. I am running the AF extract again right now so that will tell us if the AF progress is continuing as it has for the past few days.

AF got another 200 issued today! AF now at 21546 in CEAC - so exceeding 22k with AoS. We could hit 50k in CEAC tomorrow.

Looks like the quotas will end up at around these numbers - these of course including an allowance for AoS.

AF 22.5k
EU - 19k
AS 8.5k
SA - 1500
OC - 800

Global - 52.5

AF increased by 152 today - 21698. It's encouraging that they are still issuing at all...

Reactions: CWH
It means that the embassy wait for the department of states to assign a number to ur case and once it is done, then the embassy can process ur visa, I got the same email last week...

Yes, but the email states that DoS will contact the applicant, which is not how it works. They contact the embassy and then the embassy issued a visa and contacts you. This is what confused the other poster.

Do we know how many visas were issued to Nigeria in DV2014 so far?
I know that CEAC shows only the number of visas issued at each consulate, and this does not mean that all visas issued in Nigeria went to Nigeria citizens (and some Nigerian citizens were interviewed in different consulates around the world) but I would like to know the range of numbers we are dealing with. Is it around 5000 visas? 7000visas?

Do we know how many visas were issued to Nigeria in DV2014 so far?
I know that CEAC shows only the number of visas issued at each consulate, and this does not mean that all visas issued in Nigeria went to Nigeria citizens (and some Nigerian citizens were interviewed in different consulates around the world) but I would like to know the range of numbers we are dealing with. Is it around 5000 visas? 7000visas?
According to quota for each country (7%@50K) total of visas issueing will be maximum around 3500

Hi all,

I would like to ask about that how likely to get the visa, my interview held on 28-05-2014 the counselor asked for i-134,
i-134 submitted on 25-08-2014, case approved on 27-08-2014, they told me they have requested my visa numbers and
still waiting for it, how likely it could be issued, the case is from Asia region. Thank you in advance for helping.

Hi all,

I would like to ask about that how likely to get the visa, my interview held on 28-05-2014 the counselor asked for i-134,
i-134 submitted on 25-08-2014, case approved on 27-08-2014, they told me they have requested my visa numbers and
still waiting for it, how likely it could be issued, the case is from Asia region. Thank you in advance for helping.

What embassy processed you? Does your case show in ceac as AP or ready?

By the time you submitted your 134, some embassies had been placing people on waiting lists, whereas if you had submitted your evidence a few weeks earlier this would not have been a problem. In terms of how likely it is to get issued, obviously the chances are not good. There are thousands of people waiting for the last few visas. It cannot go beyond the end of this month, so you have to wait a few days to see if you will be one of the lucky ones.

What embassy processed you? Does your case show in ceac as AP or ready?

By the time you submitted your 134, some embassies had been placing people on waiting lists, whereas if you had submitted your evidence a few weeks earlier this would not have been a problem. In terms of how likely it is to get issued, obviously the chances are not good. There are thousands of people waiting for the last few visas. It cannot go beyond the end of this month, so you have to wait a few days to see if you will be one of the lucky ones.

US embassy Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, it shows Ready. Thank you

Yes, but the email states that DoS will contact the applicant, which is not how it works. They contact the embassy and then the embassy issued a visa and contacts you. This is what confused the other poster.
It says that "as visa numbers become available , the DOS will contact applicants in the order in which they were placed on the list and u will be contacted if a number becomes available for ur case ( the embassy)". I think there is nothing unclear with that , its obvious that the embassy get the approval from the DOS!

Thank you, but how do you know if is Ready means that waiting for visa or didn't attend the interview cause I noticed that there is some of
cases since along time ago.

"We" cannot tell in CEAC the difference between those cases. Obviously I would expect the embassy to have their own system for controlling that. Some cases (many cases) have moved from Ready to AP.

"We" cannot tell in CEAC the difference between those cases. Obviously I would expect the embassy to have their own system for controlling that. Some cases (many cases) have moved from Ready to AP.
I ve noticed that some of the case that move to AP , the embassy is asking for I134 , I saw it in this african forum , some of them have been ask for that lately!

I ve noticed that some of the case that move to AP , the embassy is asking for I134 , I saw it in this african forum , some of them have been ask for that lately!
And I m wondering why would they ask for it now????

Well two things spring to mind.

1. Imagine they have literally of thousands of deserving cases - how do you choose the ones that will get the last few visas? Maybe one way is to find those with the best chance of being successful in the relocation...
2. The more cynical part of me says perhaps that is a way that they will account for the reason that many cases will be left on AP. In other words, the normal AP has finished, there are no visas, so ask them to provide more evidence to justify keeping them on AP. Why do that? Well many many cases have been fully processed, all having paid fees and so on, and lots of people will not understand why their cases won't get a visa despite the expense they have incurred.

I have a feeling they will be stricter in DV2015 on things like public charge etc...