• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data (Full) 9-1-2014

Ok so August was the right month. It's curious that they told you had a visa and then only after that you couldn't get it..did the consulate keep your passport?

Ok so August was the right month. It's curious that they told you had a visa and then only after that you couldn't get it..did the consulate keep your passport?
Yes they kept our passeport me. my wife and 2 childs. I have to say that when i chek my statut at the ceac site i m in AP and the rest of my familly are on READY.
OR they was with me at the interview.

my second child was born after i sent the Ds formular to kentuky. I just inforn the consulat about him and they told me to bring him with me at the interview.

Last edited:
I m 2014AF00056XXX

Okay, if you're above 56300, which means you attended your interview when you were originally scheduled to, then you're on regular AP I'm afraid. Finger print check is only done when an applicant shows up for the interview, that's the only time the finger prints gets captured. So it's possible your finger print check triggered off something. The CO may tell an applicant congratulation while the finger print check is still ongoing in the background under the assumption that the check will not be a hit. They cannot go ahead and issue a visa once the finger print check returns a possible hit or indicates additional checks may be required which I think is what's going on with your case.

Okay, if you're above 56300, which means you attended your interview when you were originally scheduled to, then you're on regular AP I'm afraid. Finger print check is only done when an applicant shows up for the interview, that's the only time the finger prints gets captured. So it's possible your finger print check triggered off something. The CO may tell an applicant congratulation while the finger print check is still ongoing in the background under the assumption that the check will not be a hit. They cannot go ahead and issue a visa once the finger print check returns a possible hit or indicates additional checks may be required which I think is what's going on with your case.
Ah!! Ok
But i don t have any previous justic problem. I gave them all the docs that they asked to proof that i m clean at the interview.

Fwiw, I am certain that our fingerprint check completed before the CO proceeded so I suspect this may be more of a name issue... Not that it really makes a difference to sas2013 why. I would say the fact that the embassy kept their passports is a positive sign. The only issue is whether they run out of visa numbers.

Fwiw, I am certain that our fingerprint check completed before the CO proceeded so I suspect this may be more of a name issue... Not that it really makes a difference to sas2013 why. I would say the fact that the embassy kept their passports is a positive sign. The only issue is whether they run out of visa numbers.
i sent an email to the embassy and they response me that i m under AP and if there are any change they will contact me.
Tell me please. Now we are near to the 30th september. Will i have any answer before this date?

Last edited:
i sent an email to the embassy and they response me that i m under AP and if there are any change they will contact me.
Tell me please. Now we are near to the 30th september. May i have any answer before this date?

None of us can be sure when your AP will end.

I know. Thanks. But i was asking, knowing your experience, if all the AP will get answer before the 30th september.

In recent years most AP cases have been pushed through to get completed before the deadline. That was done to max out the issued visas - to make the most of the program. However, even in those years some stayed in AP as of 9/30.

This year is different because there are not enough visas to meet demand - so it is a certainty that many AP cases will not resolve by 9/30 or will not get visas even if they do get resolved.

In recent years most AP cases have been pushed through to get completed before the deadline. That was done to max out the issued visas - to make the most of the program. However, even in those years some stayed in AP as of 9/30.

This year is different because there are not enough visas to meet demand - so it is a certainty that many AP cases will not resolve by 9/30 or will not get visas even if they do get resolved.
Wow!!! This seems be as i m in hichkok film. This is stressing.

why they kept my passeport if they will not give me the visa?. I don t understand what is the logic of what s happening.

Ok gays thanks of your interest on my case. I ll keep in touch with u with new information. Salutations and see u soon i hope with good news.

say 2013

you are welcome in our club of waiting and nightmares hhhh just kidding with you me too brother it's the same AP since 11/08/2014 and i have got two updated till now my statut administrative processing and for my wife is Ready we hope that we will catch our dream sooooooooooooon

say 2013

you are welcome in our club of waiting and nightmares hhhh just kidding with you me too brother it's the same AP since 11/08/2014 and i have got two updated till now my statut administrative processing and for my wife is Ready we hope that we will catch our dream sooooooooooooon
Of cours i hope so too
Wish u all the best and see soon with good news.

Wow!!! This seems be as i m in hichkok film. This is stressing.

why they kept my passeport if they will not give me the visa?. I don t understand what is the logic of what s happening.

There are a couple of possible explanations, either something came up on your fingerprint check which caused them to check before they issued AP , or your cases was similar to others that were scheduled but for some reason the allocation of the visa was messed up. Either way - it doesn't much help at this point - there is nothing you can do but hope.

Britsimon
maybe i found why i'm puting under this AP even all my doccuments were ok papers work and bachlor's degree and my wife's bachlor degree also there's nothing were messing but when we were front of the consular officer was watching only in his campture screen and asked me only 3 questions about sponsor and since how i got maried and if i have kids than he asked for a translator to came and gave a paper full with laws for women in usa and the translater start to say for my wife what was in this paper and , if she will have a violance trouble in usa there are some of adress you can contact them than the will help you.and when we were talking with translator i saw CO was stilling wait response in his campetur than he looks into the passports then he checked another time but said there's an admin review we need to make and he gave's us our passports.so i think that AP for my case is name checking or a fingerprints because the CO was waiting allong for thier response from?????whom i don't know than he decided to take his decision after a waiting( by the way our fingerprints were taken at 09h and the interview was at 13h30 i was before the last one ) i waited about 4 hours

There are a couple of possible explanations, either something came up on your fingerprint check which caused them to check before they issued AP , or your cases was similar to others that were scheduled but for some reason the allocation of the visa was messed up. Either way - it doesn't much help at this point - there is nothing you can do but hope.
Yes hope is only what we can do. Good luck too every body hose in the same sitution and All the best.

Hi everyone...
I came back to the U.S. yesterday with my immigrant visa. At the JFK airport I was instructed to wait in the line with all visa holders rather than citizens/permanent residents. I also did not see a special line for first time immigrants. The officer opened my sealed envelope to inspect the documents inside and only asked me one question, which is if I was traveling alone. Then she stamped "admitted" on the cover sheet of the packet and my passport. I was then taken to a small office to sign and fingerprint a form that was to be filled out by another officer. I only spent 1 minute in the office. After this they gave me the passport back and told me I was free to leave.

I thought that they would put some kind of special stamp on my passport to serve as a temporary green card (I-551) or endorsement of my immigrant visa. However, the only stamp they put on my passport is the regular "Admitted" stamp with a notation of the visa type and my A-number. They also did not confirm my mailing address with me for the actual green card.

My questions are....

1) Is this the normal procedure? Is there anything I need to be concerned of since this whole process was so simple and there doesn't seem to be any special endorsement on my immigrant visa. (Or is the "admitted" stamp the endorsement?) Am I considered as an LPR now?
2) If they didn't confirm my mailing address, are they just going to send the green card to the mailing address I put on my application?
3) Before I receive the actual green card, can I use the immigrant visa in my passport as the temporary I-551, or is there a special stamp that I should have received at the airport?

Thank you!

Hi everyone...
My questions are....

1) Is this the normal procedure? Is there anything I need to be concerned of since this whole process was so simple and there doesn't seem to be any special endorsement on my immigrant visa. (Or is the "admitted" stamp the endorsement?) Am I considered as an LPR now?
2) If they didn't confirm my mailing address, are they just going to send the green card to the mailing address I put on my application?
3) Before I receive the actual green card, can I use the immigrant visa in my passport as the temporary I-551, or is there a special stamp that I should have received at the airport?

Thank you!

Yes this is normal. (The only thing abnormal was how quickly you went through secondary processing....lucky!) The admitted stamp is your endorsement. You are now an LPR! Your immigrant visa has indeed turned into a temporary i551. And yes re mailing address.

after so many questions regarding my sister's case (with success. thanks to you all), i do have some questions for my sister's friend doing CP. he had his interview in aug, but he was waiting for his police record from one country he had lived for over a year. that was the only document he had to furnish, which he did in early sept. i checked @Britsimon 's latest extract and his status is still "ready" (as of the same date simon extracted the data). so i guess this is good for him because his pre-allocated visa has not been released back to the pool. do i understand it correctly?

he did call the embassy a couple of times but the only answer he got was to wait because the staff on the phone had no information. so, in CP, how do you guys follow up? are there specific persons that my friend can ask to speak to?

thanks in advance for your advice!