• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data (Full) 9-1-2014

after so many questions regarding my sister's case (with success. thanks to you all), i do have some questions for my sister's friend doing CP. he had his interview in aug, but he was waiting for his police record from one country he had lived for over a year. that was the only document he had to furnish, which he did in early sept. i checked @Britsimon 's latest extract and his status is still "ready" (as of the same date simon extracted the data). so i guess this is good for him because his pre-allocated visa has not been released back to the pool. do i understand it correctly?

he did call the embassy a couple of times but the only answer he got was to wait because the staff on the phone had no information. so, in CP, how do you guys follow up? are there specific persons that my friend can ask to speak to?

thanks in advance for your advice!

No I would not make the assumption that he is ok because it says ready. The status should actually read AP - but regardless of the status they may or may not have held on the the visa - my guess would be not. All he can do is wait.

For CP, the embassy is his point if contact. CP cases have few of the rights that AoS cases have.

Reactions: CWH
No I would not make the assumption that he is ok because it says ready. The status should actually read AP - but regardless of the status they may or may not have held on the the visa - my guess would be not. All he can do is wait.

For CP, the embassy is his point if contact. CP cases have few of the rights that AoS cases have.

i just thought that the embassy was kinda helping him by not adjusting his status to AP and that he still has his pre-allocated visa number. but from your comment, his case becomes a risky one. so if the decision is to be made, it should be some time after sept 15 because that's when they try to close the AP cases, right?

Thanks guys. Looks like I do not know how to use this forum well. How did you manage to get the thread with CEAC that Simon sent this week?

i just thought that the embassy was kinda helping him by not adjusting his status to AP and that he still has his pre-allocated visa number. but from your comment, his case becomes a risky one. so if the decision is to be made, it should be some time after sept 15 because that's when they try to close the AP cases, right?

We'll sort of. They are clearing AP cases now, but yes there is some logic that says the last few schedule interviews are happening (mostly) before the 15th, so then some AP cases can get visas. However some cases will clear before then.

But You are looking for logic and certainty where there is none, and we can only guess based on evidence we see. The guesses can't be considered solid. So the only certainty is your friend will need to wait and keep his fingers crossed.

Fwiw, I am certain that our fingerprint check completed before the CO proceeded so I suspect this may be more of a name issue... Not that it really makes a difference to sas2013 why. I would say the fact that the embassy kept their passports is a positive sign. The only issue is whether they run out of visa numbers.
I think that after me there was many people how had there visa printed.

I reran the AF extract over the last few hours - quite startling progress in 3 days!

480 more visas issued - new number is 20092. The Ready number has decreased by ~900, refusals and AP numbers are up 177 and 266 respectively. So these approved cases are mainly updates to the September current cases. 1777 September selectees remain at ready.

So they have issued 1100 visas in 11 days in AF - and they haven't even started reducing the AP number - which is actually increasing.

That prompted me to run AS region - which is moving MUCH more slowly - only 38 new visas issued, and the ready pile only reduced by 45. I'm surprised The Iran AP cases are not resolving - I'm guessing they are holding those back and may clear through that backlog when they are sure all remaining scheduled cases globally have been completed - but let's not underestimate the effect that the Iran cases could have - with around 1000 cases waiting for approval.

Wow.

I reran the AF extract over the last few hours - quite startling progress in 3 days!

480 more visas issued - new number is 20092. The Ready number has decreased by ~900, refusals and AP numbers are up 177 and 266 respectively. So these approved cases are mainly updates to the September current cases. 1777 September selectees remain at ready.

So they have issued 1100 visas in 11 days in AF - and they haven't even started reducing the AP number - which is actually increasing.

That prompted me to run AS region - which is moving MUCH more slowly - only 38 new visas issued, and the ready pile only reduced by 45. I'm surprised The Iran AP cases are not resolving - I'm guessing they are holding those back and may clear through that backlog when they are sure all remaining scheduled cases globally have been completed - but let's not underestimate the effect that the Iran cases could have - with around 1000 cases waiting for approval.

Wow.
i want to believe there are enough visas for everyone, but the data says otherwise! good luck to everyone still in the process. they "might" use more NACARA quota this year more than last.

Wow.
So that confirms our assemption, they did hold all the APs, to cover the interview up to the 15th september...
As we know no one repported having an interview scheduled between the 15th and the 30th.
I assume today will be the last day for the DV interviews (except AOS), and from next week we will see the AP GAME strating....

Best of luck to all

Ready are the people who sent the forms, and had an interview slot, but most of them they never showed up at their interview!
That's why that select more than 50k people vs 50k visas
i was in interview with my familly. I m still in AP and my wife and child In Ready. So you can be still on ready and already had passed the interview.

i was in interview with my familly. I m still in AP and my wife and child In Ready. So you can be still on ready and already had passed the interview.

Yes correct. We have seen that before, and we realise that the AP number is understated because of cases like yours. Good luck.

in many cases, only the main applicant (you)'s status changed while the derivatives (wife and child) remained unchanged at ready. and that is what simon said that AP number is understated because it does not include the derivatives.

Sure, some are put in AP and they still show ready, although they did the interview....
But generaly ready refers to people that havnt passed their interview yet or never pitched up to it.
Good luck for your ap