case transfer to san francisco

STom said:
I got my interview letter from San Francisco office today. Interview scheduled for July 10.

RD Dec 2002
transfer to sf - Sep. 2004

STom,

How did your interview go? Were you EB2 or EB3? What was your PD?

Got my Green Card

Hey all,
Finally I got my GC. My interview was last Monday. I started the process ( labor in 1997- so been waiting for 8 years ) There is nothing much to write about the interview. The officer mostly was collecting docs and asked a few questions and approved it. It took about an hour - mostly shuffling through papers.
EB2 category.

Otherwise officer said EB3 has no visas available till the end of this fiscal year which is October.
Both I and my wife got the stamps in our passport. Waiting for the card now.

Thank you guys for all the support and information.

interview

prakash12322 said:
They may schedule interview only when the EB3 numbers are available. One other possibility is, they may schedule interview and may not approve your case.
They do interview and let you sufficate...I had my interview last week in LA...They haven't even approved my I-140 yet...guess what They didn't have my name check as well...this is toturing the forigners...thats all...

Good luck to everyoen

jajabin - Any news on your case?

Did you have to go for an interview? I thought ADIT processing letter meant that your case was approved. Would you provide some details on your interview and/or ADIT processing please. Thanks.

jajabin said:
I did retake the exam. The doc said no issue was found with the exam. Then I mailed the result back along with employment verification letter. Within a week, got this letter with the appointment for ADIT process. We didn't go through the interview process.

SFO letters

anyone got letters after interview was scheduled to appear in SFO for fingerprinting (2nd time) and also submit employment verification letter.

they said respond in 90 days and continue case for processing.

what does this mean?

So can those who received interview letters lately update this thread with your ND/RD? Last time I checked it was around 12/02, but that was like 2 months ago.

It's been a great source to know where the SFO is at for the transfer cases. Let's keep this information up to date.

PS, my RD is 04/03, so kinda itching to know... :rolleyes:

is SFO sending RFE instead scheduling the interviews

it appears that SFO may be sending request for more case evidnece insted of scheduling interviews. dont know if this is a delay tactic or additional repression :mad:

ac21_help said:
it appears that SFO may be sending request for more case evidnece insted of scheduling interviews. dont know if this is a delay tactic or additional repression :mad:

Have you seen any RFE recently from SFO for person who is waiting for interview?

not called RFE but called continuing of case

i heard they send letter saying case is being continued and ask for proof of employment. they did not say anything about interviews.

attorney feels they may decide the case without calling for interview since they have realized the cases may not have warranted an interview in the first place and it is straightforward case. attorney said some cases are approved like that,but no guarantee

howeever, who knows what they may decide,just pray they dont throw your file out or lose it :)

jajabin said:
I did retake the exam. The doc said no issue was found with the exam. Then I mailed the result back along with employment verification letter. Within a week, got this letter with the appointment for ADIT process. We didn't go through the interview process.

Jajabin,

I got a letter similar to you got. Can you tell me which one of the following you sent
1. X-ray
2. X-ray Report
3. I-693
4. Anything else?

If anyone else has information, please post here.
My case has receipt of May 2004.
I think they are sending RFEs for cases for which no interview is required.

-DecadeForGC

interview schedule

I received their public response to my inquires.

"-----Please be advised that this office continuously receive old cases from all Service centers and, as per our policy, even if they were received recently, these cases will be scheduled first for an interview.

At this present time, this office is scheduling cases filed earlier than October 2002."

When I asked question, the officer at desk said that they have only one officer who is working for employment based case. I could not understand. Many friends who filed later than me got Plastic card without interview. Recently, Service center is approving 485 cases in three months. :(

my case, 485 rd November, 2003

04/03 now

Here is an update of our case just so you know SFO is still moving.

Got a phone call from immigration officer last week, who sounds very nice, btw.

Asked a few question about where we worked/lived, etc. 2 days later we got the FP notice. We went there the next day, it's the 10 fingers, so that's probably because the one we did last time was out dated. No news since then.

I don't know about our case, but AC21_help could be right, some cases may just go w/o interview. Anyway, knowing INS, I am not holding my breath...

Our case is EB2 RD04/03.

So yeah, it's still moving, hang in there everyone...

Lyrix,

Did officer called you directly or your attorney?
I am not sure if I mentioned my home number or cell number in the application.

Thanks,
Visa07

Officer called our home #.

We submitted AR11 to TSC last year and one month later, files were transferred. Then the next time we checked at local office, they didn't get any information about our address and new phone# (not a surprise to me anyway). So we filed an address change form at the local office again so the local office has our latest contact info with the rest of our files.

My recommandation to you: If you have changed the address, file AR11 to local office as well.

Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Our case got approved. Attorney got fax from SFO office. It took just one week after responding to the RFE. I think whoever is getting RFE will get approved very fast. I wish luck to everyone in this forum.

EAD and Parole transfered to SFO

Hi,
Congrats DecadeForGC !

My EAD and Payrole applications were transfered to SFO on 26th from VSC. The 485 application still says that received Finger print results(It does not say that it is transfered). Have any one of you faced similar situation ?

Do they call for an interview for EAD and Payrole as well ?

Thanks !

ADIT Processing

I got a letter from the Local San Francisco USCIS office with the following information --- "Reson For Appointment" field is listed as "ADIT Processing" and an "Ak For" field listed as "District Adjudications Officer". Anybody know what this means?

My research tells me that's the step to put a stamp on your passport. Doesn't the notice also say the approval notice will be issued on the spot?

Will have more details later this month after we have our ADIT done... LOL... (or if yours is earlier, you can post the details here, so I know for sure what to expect before I go. Thanks.)

mandadir said:
I got a letter from the Local San Francisco USCIS office with the following information --- "Reson For Appointment" field is listed as "ADIT Processing" and an "Ak For" field listed as "District Adjudications Officer". Anybody know what this means?

Got it !!

Just get back from the local office.

As I said in the last post, we were scheduled for the ADIT Processing this month. We went there today. The office sounds like the same one called our home# last time, again he was very nice, just put a stamp on the passport and took the photo (only one) and did one more finger print, that's all. no question asked.

The only thing missing is the approval notice which is supposed to give to us as mentioned in the appointment letter. Officer didn't give it to us, maybe he forgot but we forgot to ask either. Anyway I got the stamp and it's said the GC will be in the mail, so what do I care... hoho. (Maybe mandadir can ask for it if he doesn't get it either and let us know)

That's all, my friends, the GC application journey is over.

Lyrix
RD 04/2003

lyrix... thank you for the information and Congratulations !!

My ADIT processing appointment is this Friday and I will post any additional information I can find out about the approval letter after coming back.

Can you please provide any more details... For example,
1. How long was the entire process on that day, from the time you went into the office up to the time you walked out?
2. Did the officer ask for or take any of your existing EAD, AdvanceParole, EmploymentLetter, PayStub, etc documents?
3. Did you carry any other documents with you, just in case, or did you just take the passport and 2 photographs as mentioned in the appointment letter?
4. Did you ask or did the officer say anything about how long it would take for the actual card to arrive?

Once again Congratulations.

Last edited by a moderator: