case transfer to san francisco

mandadir

1. 45 minutes, including 40 minutes waiting to be call from the seating area...
2. no
3. I did bring them with me, but no use, again, the only two questions are "passport please" and "photo please".
4. Please edit ur post and remove the officer ID and name, I wouldn't feel appropriate to reveal one perticular officer on internet, but all i can say is lucky you.
5. 4~6 weeks

Thanks lyrix. Appreciate your help with the information.

I'll find out about the approval letter and let you know through this post. Please let me know if there is anything else I should be aware of before the ADIT process appointment.

Sorry to bother you with this very basic question, but please tell me...
What is ADIT process appointment?
Is it different from so-called "interview"?
I had my interview done in SFO in may and waiting for the decisin. My case has been postponed after the interview because I am in eb-3. Will I have to see the officer for ADIT again?

Thanks!

mandadir - good luck

iw450g -
ADIT is just a procedure thing in preparation of the GC, not like interviews when there is a possibility officer says no to the case. If you go to infopass the last appointment type is what is this ADIT thing all about.

I think in your case, you’ll receive an approval letter when eb3 time comes, and yes I would think you’ll go to the local office for this one more time. Nothing to be worried about though

lyrix,

Thank you so much! It’s a great relief for me.
I have not received any response for my RFE after the interview in May, so I’m still prepared for the second interview, or another RFE. Yet, your post made me feel happy.

Believe or not, my PD is ’96 Dec. I have spent several extra years with all possible twists happened after moving from NY to SF. I really hope the next step will end all.

Mandadir,
Good luck with your appointment today. Hope every thing goes as smoothly as it did for lyrix.
I got a letter for ADIT processing, scheduled for next friday - Sept.30th. Let us all know how it went for you.

Im OK,
ADIT Processing in SFO is very simple and straight forward, just like lyrix mentioned. Just went through the process this morning.

We were with the officer for less than 10 minutes. He just called our names, we went into his office, he asked for the pasports and photos, stamped the passports, took our fingerprints & signature for the "Green Card" application which he said will take about 4 weeks to arrive and then sent us home.

Lyrix,
I asked him about the approval letter and he said the stamp in the pasport is to be considered as the approval and that there is no formal approval notice letter as such.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mandadir,
Congratulations!! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
Visa07,
Here are my case details:
Labor (EB2 - VSC):07/24/2001
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP(VSC) : 12/04/2003
I-140/EAD approved : 07/22/2004
I-485 transferred to SFO : 10/12/2004

Lyrix,
Your ADIT processing was on the 16th of September and mine was on the 23rd of September, a difference of 1 week. I am planning to travel abroad and would be more comfortable if I had the actual "Green Card" instead of travelling with just the I-551 stamp in the passport becuase of the secondary check delay at SFO-POE (for people who travel with just the stamp). Can you please let us know when you receive your actual card so that I can expect mine to arrive in one weeks time after that date.

Is there anybody else who went through their ADIT Processing at SFO recently? How long did it take to get the actual card in the mail?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
mandadir, thanks for checking on the approval letter. I think you are overconcerned. My understanding is the stamp is as gold as GC, anyway, the GC we got last year takes 3~4 weeks after the passport stamping (yeah, me and my wife's case were not approved at the same time but that was a different story..)

Thanks lyrix, I do think I am over thinking this but all of that is based on information in other posts in different forums. I would appreciate it though if you could please let us know when you receive the actual card. Thanks.

Finally approved after three years

Guys, I got approval letters a few days ago. Our interview was on April 12, 2005. Did not get approval letter at that time because our A files did not reach the officer. But, after the interview, they went in hybernation. A reminder letter also did not help. Then I decided to go to SFO office in person. On my request, a request was sent to expedite the case. I got a letter in a few days telling me that they will send a decision very soon. A week later I got approval letters. Now, I have to send pictures so that they can prepare cards.

One question: They said in the letter that if I want to get passport stamped, then I should make an appointment. I thought it was necessary, but they said 'if'...

Regards

finally approved after 9 years

I received my approval letter from SF local office today. It does not mention anything about ADIT process, probably because I have already submitted my photos and signatuer etc. at the end of interview as instructed by an officer.
Good luck, everyone! I truly appreciate all of your encouragement and information. :)

e-mails from USCIS

Lyrix, Mandadir and others,
I got my passport stamped at the SFO USCIS office on Sept. 30th. Today, I received mails from USCIS with the content pasted below:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 12, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking
between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will
mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

I'm guessing that my case has been transferred, to initiate the process to send me the actual card. Did any of you guys receive similar e-mails? Thanks for your help.

Im OK,
You should have received another email from CRIS the next day saying....
On October 13, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

I received the same email you received on October 12th and the above email on the 13th. As you guessed, these emails seem to be part of the actual card delivery process after the 485 approval process is completed in the local-office.

Mandadir,
Thanks for your response. I did NOT receive the second e-mail from them, yet.
Will cross my fingers and wait for it :).

I went to passport stamping today at SFO. Everything was smooth, everybody was nice, but one thing surprised me.

Since I have already submitted photos etc. at the previous interview, the approval notice stated that my card had already been in process. I assumed that it would be a few months to receive the actual card. But today, officer said, “If you don’t receive the actual card within one year, please come back. Sometimes it could take more than one year…”. I asked him back, “did you say one year…? It’s quite longer than I heard.” He said, “lately huge number of applications are waiting”. I guess situations are changing so rapidly, month by month, day by day. Maybe, we have to keep up with the latest situation.

I got the interview letter

Yesterday, I received the interview letter from SF office. I am really happy to see this letter. SF office is working very slowly, however it works. Have a hope to those who are waiting for interview.
What they asking is general documents that usually requires, tax, employment letter etc....
Good Luck to all. :)

Employment based 485
receipt date, November 2003
transfered to SF from California service center on Agust 2004.
Interview notice day Oct 28, 2005
Interview day November 28, 2005.

Hi OSJN,

Can you please share some more information about your case?
Like your Priority Date, Country and EB1/EB2/EB3 category.

Thanks a lot!