case transfer to san francisco

Roll call for SFO interview wait

Could everyone please post their information so we can guess how large the queue is and how quickly it's moving? They are processing in order of 485 RD apparently and visa category.

If you are being interviewed even though you are retrogressed please post that as well, that would be nice to know that they are doing this.

Here's mine

PD 05/01; EB3

485 RD 09/03; transferred to SFO 02/05; RFE 05/05; nothing since then.

sfo interview waived

got a interview letter last year for interview in sfo.

2 months back sfo asked for employment proof and some other papers,
lawyer sent them.

after 2 weeks sfo faxed lawyer request for court papers of a driving offence.

sent original papers to SFO. got a adit letter,no interview at all. case was approved before i reached

adit process: officer comes asks for passport, takes ap verifies address, stamps your fingerprint.takes the passport and puts a temporary stamp in there and says u get a card in a few weeks. total time 20 mins

dont take camera phones to interview, i parked in 1 hour meter,bring lots of change to avoid parking garage.

total time of enduring gc mental torture 5 years
total time legally present 10 years,

life becomes empty after the mental torture and slavery has ended.

good luck and write to your senator to urge them to fight the delays and repression

plastic card received

I received my permanent resident card today in mail. My case was approved on 10/5 in SFO local. I thought that my file would be sent back to Vermont where I started filing originally, but the card was from Laguna Niguel CA.

The offier said that it could be more than a year to receive a plastic card, but he probably just gave me a coutious opnion.

On the other hand, my lawyer in NY received a letter from INS for biometric appointment. This is strange that I received my card, and the attorney received a letter saying that I needed to have bio taken. But I guess it would be better to follow whatever they say. I will go to ASC anyway with my plastic card and a copy of the letter.

plastic card

iw450g
Congrat! You finished all things!
I am waiting plastic card. According to your case, it will take about two months. :)

Thank you, osjn.
Yes, it was about 2 months. (10/5 approved, 10/19 PPT stamped)
This could be a little longer than normal because of holiday season, or this could also be a little faster than other applicants since I had a very old PD (1996).

BTW, I did not have my 2nd bio taken yesterday. Instead, the officer instructed me to send a set of copies of my plastic card and fingerprint notice to Laguna Niguel with a note that I had already received my card.

Good Luck and happy holidays!

Got interview letter from SFO

Hello Everybody,

I got the Interview call from SFO Office. Here are the details. 485 RD is 10/2003. 1st FP in Apr 04. Case transferred to SFO in May 04. Case sent back to CSC in Apr 05 and returned back to SFO in July 05. Second FP on 8/30/05. Interview call Rcvd on 1/28/06 and Interview Date is 2/22/06.

I was asked to bring my Tax reports for 2002, 2003 and 2004 and my company's corporate tax reports for 2002, 2003 and 2004. I was also asked to bring last 6 DE6 reports.

I was also asked to bring, two recent pay stubs, EVL detailing nature of job, title and salary. Proof of maintaining legal status for the entire period of my stay in USA. DOB certificate, if not a certificate that from Govt Agency that my birth is not registered and then an affidavit. Original I-20, Parole certs if any.

I have following questions and appreciate your input.

My Labor was filed with one company and my current company acquired it in 2003. We applied for I-140 and 485 with current company in 2003. So which Company's tax I should produce for the year 2002? My previous company is gone. Can I take my current company's tax report for the year 2002, even though I was not their employee in 2002?

My company went to public last year, should I still produce these tax reports and DE6 reports?

I was in CA until July 2005. I moved to VA, where my current company head quarters are. I sent change of Address to SFO and CSC in Nov 05. I received my Interview notice from SFO to my current address only. Does this mean they wanted to finalize this case from SFO without transferring to VA? Or will I be surprised at the interview that my case will have to be sent to VA?

I did not change my CA Driver's License to VA. My H1B will expire on 2/7 and VA will give DL up to 2/7 only. I wanted to change DL once I receive my new H1B. So my current situation is that I can not change my DL to VA. will SFO Office object to having my CA DL, even though I am living in VA? Do I have to show my DL at all?

I applied for my H1B renewal in Jan 06 and did not receive new H1B yet. I hope I don't need that to prove my legal status and I think I can get away with my H1B application receipt.

I never renewed my EAD after it expired in 2004.

Please tell me what all the documents that I should carry with me for Interview besides what I was asked to bring in. They did not ask me to bring passport size photos, but I think I should take them with me. What other such obvious things that I should take with me?

Another important question, do I have to take an appointment thru info pass for this? I hope I can go directly with this Interview letter. Sorry to ask such a silly question, I stopped thinking logically or use common sense after hearing so many horrible stories/experiences at SFO.

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks.

You should take whatever they ask, that way it will be easy for you.
You have to ask HR people fot DE6 reports.

I believe they just ignored your Change of Adress request. You can explain them in interview. If possible take attorney with you.

Address on Driving License shouldn't be a problem.

Can you share your Priority Date, Country and Category(EB) with us?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
osjn and visa07,

Thanks for your response. I am taking my Attorney with me.

My prioirty date is 8/2/01 and I filed on EB2. Country of Origin India.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will keep you posted after my Interview is over.

Thanks.

Interview

Hi

recvd a letter (on the env it says SEC 245) from San jose office to come to the office for a office matter. My and my wife got this letter. They are asking for all documents including medical which I've already submitted when filed 485. Heard that interview call is not for everyone, they call for interview if there is some problem, and a bad sign. What is the SEC 245

Can someone please give me some details

Thanks

osjn said:
Congratulations! It was long waiting huh? Now the day is coming.
You don't have to make reservation through infopass. Just go with your interview letter. You should go to the door of Sansome st. Leave your cell phone in the car.(because of camera)

I recommend your lawyer. He/she will be helpful for you.

Please ready all documents that officer required and more by your thininking.

Social security cards of all your family are important. Be there on time. After you come inside, go to 2nd floor and submit all interview letter to receptionist. She will call to your designated officer. Officer will be come to you in two seconds.

If your lawyer does not come, tell the officer about it. Your family shoud go index stamping while waiting lawyer.

I think you do not worry about interview. Interview will be smooth. It was just administraion time with officer with me. He will do just collecting documents and organizing his stuff with you. Prepare answers before your going and discuss with lawyer regarding expected questions.

Have a happy time!

Get a letter for ADIT Process

Hi,

I got a letter for ADIT process at SF office. What dose this mean? Is it the same as Interview Process?

My case was transfered to SF local office in Oct., 2004. Priority date is Sep. 2001.

Thanks in advanced.

markm said:
Hi,

I got a letter for ADIT process at SF office. What dose this mean? Is it the same as Interview Process?

My case was transfered to SF local office in Oct., 2004. Priority date is Sep. 2001.

Thanks in advanced.

An ADIT stamp is a stamp added to an individual's passport or I-94 (Arrival -Departure Record) as proof of "temporary" permanent residency status.

If you have been asked fro come for ADIT means you case has been approved. When did you do your latest biometrics ?

gp111 said:
An ADIT stamp is a stamp added to an individual's passport or I-94 (Arrival -Departure Record) as proof of "temporary" permanent residency status.

If you have been asked fro come for ADIT means you case has been approved. When did you do your latest biometrics ?

Two years ago.

Processing in SF local office

markm said:
Hi,

Thanks in advanced.

Is SF local office backlogged badly? Ours was transferred September 2005. Does that mean that we have to wait for another year before we get the interview? Boy 0=)

I'm happy for you, as your wait is finally over.

Our case was transfered in September 05 as well. I visit this thread frequently to see any progress.

Are there any other threads that deal with the cases transfered to SFO ?

our case too go t transferred on july 25, 2006

primary got approved couple of months but the derivative one got sent to
San Francisco field office . what we know was derivatives fingerprints were not able to interpreted properly and so transferred to local office. name check got cleared in may. do not know how long it takes for them to process our case. PD is early 99.in the mean time filed EAD with Nebraska, have no idea what do they do with that petition.

Issues with EAD renewal

My i485 was transfered to San Francisco on 9/2005.

When I applied my 4th EAD renewel on (8/2) it was transfered to the SFO local office. I went to the local office after 90 days for intrim EAD. I was informed that the case has been adjudicated and is being transfered to the Nebraska office. They asked me to await the response from Nebraska / call 1800 number/check online status. The customer service representative on the 1800 number finally redirected me to SFO local office.

After more than 110 days from the receipt date I went to the SFO local office for intrim EAD (for the second time). The officer informed me that the EAD application is still with them and they cannot issue an intrim EAD until the immigration officer has taken a decision. The officer told me that I would have to wait and there is nothing that could be done.

My EAD has already expired. What are my options ?

rvd said:
My i485 was transfered to San Francisco on 9/2005.

My EAD has already expired. What are my options ?

My nephew is in a similar situation i.e. EAD expired and DHS not giving the Intermin EAD.

How did you handle your situation ? Or are you still in a limbo ??

Yes I am still in Limbo. I have sent a letter to the senator today, hope to get some positive outcome.