case transfer to san francisco

I-485 transferred to SFO

Hi All,
I am new here. My whole family's case was transferred to SFO May 19, 2005.
Read all the messages here and want to ask if SFO schedules the interview based on the RD, does it mean my 485 will wait there for 2.5 years? Please advise. Many thanks.

My case:
WAC0509xxxxxx
RD: Feb 10, 2005
Transferred to SF: May 19, 2005
EB2

Now you might be in love with SF Office -right?

Now, you can goto india and enjoy after 7 years!!!!

Lakshmi2000 said:
Maiaia and Prakash,

Got the letter of Approval today. Thanks for all your help. After I send the document again, they received it and send me an approval letter.

Here is the story:

Processing started in Jan 98.
RFE For i-140 and approved in 2000
RD 485 - June 22, 2002
Transfer to SFO June 22, 2004
Interview date: Feb 28, 2005
Mailed Missing doc on 2/28/05 and again on 5/10/05
Approval Letter 5/24/05

Total processing time 7 years and 4 years.

Atleast wait till March 19th 2006, then you can ask questions. Just kidding.

g14619 said:
Hi All,
Read all the messages here and want to ask if SFO schedules the interview based on the RD, does it mean my 485 will wait there for 2.5 years? Please advise. Many thanks.

My case:
WAC0509xxxxxx
EB2

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone who already got interview appointment here

Tell me what is your 485 RD date?
Many thanks. I will start to count days, months, years? :(

there is no logic behind this. You would get your interview

in about 9-12 months from the transfer date.

g14619 said:
Tell me what is your 485 RD date?
Many thanks. I will start to count days, months, years? :(

One Question to you guys..

Where should I apply for AP if my case has transferred to San Francisco? Is it San Francisco?

Thanks

Don't put your faith in USCIS's logic

g14619 said:
Hi All,

My case:
WAC0509xxxxxx
EB2

But, I noticed from postings here that they tend to schedule interview according to RD. Currently they are probably processing cases filed in Dec 2002. I had interview on Apr 12, and RD was Oct 2, 2002 (still waiting for approval, because they did not get my original A file here yet).

Which 485 are processed in SFO now?

Hi All,

I would like to ask which 485 are processed by SFO now?
Noticed from USCIS SFO website that all the family based 485 should submit to Chicago from April 1, 05. Based on this notice, can we say the only 485 processed in SFO are transferred cases, right? Since all the employment based 485 are filed to CSC and processed there, only cases need to be interviewed are sent to SFO (or related local office).
If that's the case, how come SFO so slow? :confused:
Please advise if you have new updates.

Folks...

My case was transferred to the San Francisco local office. I am planning on applying for a new AP and know that I have to file it with the SF office. Since my case is an employment based case, I do not need to send it to the Chicago lock-box. However, the address has changed over the past 10-12 months, does anybody know what is the correct address for sending the AP application,

USCIS-765
P.O.Box 194207
San Francisco, CA 94119-4207

OR

USCIS-765
P.O.Box 2809
San Francisco, CA 94126-2809

Thanks

I think you need to send it to Chicago. Bot emp based and family based.check INS site

mandadir said:
Folks...

My case was transferred to the San Francisco local office. I am planning on applying for a new AP and know that I have to file it with the SF office. Since my case is an employment based case, I do not need to send it to the Chicago lock-box. However, the address has changed over the past 10-12 months, does anybody know what is the correct address for sending the AP application,

USCIS-765
P.O.Box 194207
San Francisco, CA 94119-4207

OR

USCIS-765
P.O.Box 2809
San Francisco, CA 94126-2809

Thanks

Congrats NIWcon485!
Good Luck for your interview.....

Your interview proves that SFO office is scheduling interview as per 485 RD...

Interview notice

HI, just sent out the renewal of AP/EAD to Chicago a week ago. Today, got the notice for interview at SF in 2 weeks. In addition to all the regular document, it also asks for I693 and supplement (the medical exam forms). A little bit lost here. We still have the patient copy of these forms for the initial filing. Will that do? Does it mean we need new medical exam? Do you guys recall how long it takes to get the results from the medical exam?

Thanks.

RD: 09/2002
Transfer to SF: 12/2004

don't take risk

take the medical test once more. medical actually expires in 1 year, but they changed the rule that it wouldn't expire. But, sometime at local office they ask you to take it.

It takes 3-4 days to get the results.

dontknowmuch said:
HI, just sent out the renewal of AP/EAD to Chicago a week ago. Today, got the notice for interview at SF in 2 weeks. In addition to all the regular document, it also asks for I693 and supplement (the medical exam forms). A little bit lost here. We still have the patient copy of these forms for the initial filing. Will that do? Does it mean we need new medical exam? Do you guys recall how long it takes to get the results from the medical exam?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they ask I693 forms for AP/EAD interview??

dontknowmuch said:

Thanks.

Congratulations!
In my letter It asks for Form I693 only and I never thought that I might need to retake the exame. I am contacting my atterney about this now. It's really not a good time for me to retake the exame.

in another tread , Freetrade was asked for I693 supplement only. I think for the supplement the old pentient's copy should be good enough. what I am trying to say is what do they really want, the I 693,the supplement or both?

dontknowmuch said:

Thanks.

I-693 and supplement

In my interview letter, it asks for both I-693 and supplement.

NIWcon485, what did you lawyer say? Is the new exam required? Thanks.

lawyer said new exame. Thank god I saw your post.

I already made an appointment with the doctor and was told can get result two days after the examination.

dontknowmuch said:
In my interview letter, it asks for both I-693 and supplement.

NIWcon485, what did you lawyer say? Is the new exam required? Thanks.