case transfer to san francisco

Response received from CSC - Please advise about infopass

I received the following response from CSC: Gurus Please advise what to do?
Should I make an appointment using infopass? Waiting for the attorney's response as well.

Please advise.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Your file has been relocated and is now pending with the San Francisco
District Office. You must direct all further inquiries to that office.

Please schedule an appointment for yourself at the San Francisco
District Office using "Info-pass", our new online appointment scheduling system. Please visit
our website: www.uscis.gov for more information.

Thank you,
Kathleen Bergey
Center Adjudications Officer
Congressional & Consumer Relations Division XII
California Service Center

____________________Reply Separator____________________
Subject: Request for interview. Case status i-485
WAC02240xxxx

Oct 23, 2004
Dear Sir/ Madam:

My case was transferred to the Local SFO office on June 22, 2004. Can
you please schedule me for an interview as soon as possible?
Here is my case history:
Case processing date ( Labor certification) Jan, 1998.
I -140 approvals on May, 2002
Receipt Date for I-485 was July 24, 2002
Case transferred to Local office on June 22, 2004.
I have completed two finger printings. My 3rd EAD is expiring on Jan
20th 2005.
It has been 6 years and 10 months since my case was originally filed.
Can you please schedule my interview as soon as possible?
Looking forward to hear the status of my case.
Thanking You,
Sincerely,

My case was transferred to SFO on April 4, 2004.
I received a letter for interview about 4 weeks ago for an interview on Nov 2.
We did our interview on Nov 2 and the officer approved our case right away after a 45 min interview.
Overall the interview went pretty well, he just asked standard questions and went through all our documents.
Don't give up hopes yet....I am sure you'll receive yours soon...

is your case employment-based?

W463 said:
My case was transferred to SFO on April 4, 2004.
I received a letter for interview about 4 weeks ago for an interview on Nov 2.
We did our interview on Nov 2 and the officer approved our case right away after a 45 min interview.
Overall the interview went pretty well, he just asked standard questions and went through all our documents.
Don't give up hopes yet....I am sure you'll receive yours soon...

What is your receipt date

What is your I 485 receipt date?
I heard that they are picking up transferred cases based on the receipt date. Is it true? Any experiences?

urgent- changing mailing address

Hi guys,
After waiting for almost a year for the interview from SFO office reg. my I485 (my case was transferred from CSC to SFO on Dec 10, 2003), I decided enough is enough and I want to bascially move my apartment. Currently I am in Fremont and am planning to move to Mountain View, want to be closer to my and my wife's workplace. All these days I remained at Fremont thinking that one day or other I'll get interview and I'll finish that GC thing and then shift. Since nothing is happening, I want to shift now. But one question. If I move to Mountian View and inform INS about that, do you think my case would be transferred to San Jose then? Because Mountain View comes under SJ jurisdiction. If that's the case, people whose cases are pending in SFO should shift their apartments to places where the interview is faster which is SJ:)

My case has been transfered to SFO office today. Can anyone tell me how long does it take to schedule interview these days?

Let us do some thing

bgadicha,

You are celebrating one year and I am celebrating 6 months now. My case was transfered in June 04.

My immigration processing date was: Jan 1998. It is 6 years since I started my process, I am still strugling.

If you want we can write a letter together to senator or congressman.

lakshmi_mano2000@yahoo.com

Lakshmi2000,

I thought 6-9 month wait is very common at SFO. Did you find out if people who got transfered around your transfer date got an interview call?

Thanks,
Visa07

My case was approved around May, 2004. However, my wife's case was transferred to SFO on June, 19. Her 485 number is WAC021625xxxx.

Surprisingly, we received interview appointment letter from SFO on Jan. 4th, 2005. I've been tracking all the posts on this forum. I didn't expect this interview would come this soon. Hopefully, I can shed some light to people here.

In the letter, it does require lots of docs from us. Like

1. All Advance Parole doc
2. All passports with I-94
3. My employment letter.
4. My last 3 years w-2
5. Marriage certificate.
6. All evidences as a proof of our marriage. (wedding photo. children's birth certificate. joint account. utilities bill. and etc. )

Anyway, it's good to see the long journey seems see the destination now.

Thanks.

Interview on Dec 9th

My I-485 case details :
Reciept date - Dec 2001
Transfer date - July 14th 2003
Interview Date - Dec 09th 2004

deepa_485: Whats was your RD

Whats your WAC no. ...

Did you file your case in CSC or is it a transfer from another service center?

Can you provide all of the details in your case?

bgadicha said:
Hi guys,
After waiting for almost a year for the interview from SFO office reg. my I485 (my case was transferred from CSC to SFO on Dec 10, 2003), I decided enough is enough and I want to bascially move my apartment. Currently I am in Fremont and am planning to move to Mountain View, want to be closer to my and my wife's workplace. All these days I remained at Fremont thinking that one day or other I'll get interview and I'll finish that GC thing and then shift. Since nothing is happening, I want to shift now. But one question. If I move to Mountian View and inform INS about that, do you think my case would be transferred to San Jose then? Because Mountain View comes under SJ jurisdiction. If that's the case, people whose cases are pending in SFO should shift their apartments to places where the interview is faster which is SJ:)
Hi I am thinking of doing the same thing - moving to south bay. Have you moved? Did you check with anyone if they will move your file to San Jose? Please let us know if you find out anything? - thanks

bgadicha said:
Hi guys,

Looking at your post, it looks like SJO is faster then SFO. How much time SJO taking to schedule an interview once the case is transferred? Our three cases transferred to SJO on 6th Dec.

FP exipred

Interview went fine but just because FP expired our wait goes on.We did give FP on same day...any similar cases??

deepa_485 said:
Interview went fine but just because FP expired our wait goes on.We did give FP on same day...any similar cases??

Deepa, I see ur record like this based on your response a couple of notes before :

My I-485 case details :
Reciept date - Dec 2001
Transfer date - July 14th 2003
Interview Date - Dec 09th 2004

You mean to say it took more than a year and half for you to get your interview call?

And you said your FP expired. So, on Dec 9th, all you did was give your finger prints? If yes, then when is the 485 interview? Do these things happen together or not? Can u throw some lite?

badicha,

Did you apply for change of address to SFO?
Can you tell me to number to call for SFO District office?

Thanks,