California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elmo

Currently SESA Non-RIR has been processing for over an year and have moved only one day in April 2001. This is unfortunate and hope some thing happens and it speeds up. SESA expects to clear the April 2001 in 4-5 yrs just imagine how long it will take for April 2003 to be in effect. I do not want to discourage you but unless things change drastically it will be very long wait.

Well Finally SESA Moved One DAY AHEAD in Non RIR.. It's April 26,2001 now.. Non RIR is Sept 12 2002..

SWA took almost 6 months to clear April 25... So assuming the same speed it will take about 18 months to clear April ! (26th, 27th & 30th...)

gp111,

Those last three days they might have received more applications than you predicted.

Any how as you said they crossed one mile stone another 3 to go.

I think I am missing something. What is special about April 2001?

Originally posted by AMandla
gp111,

Those last three days they might have received more applications than you predicted.

Any how as you said they crossed one mile stone another 3 to go.

rollingstone
April 30 2001 was the last day for 245i applications... so there were thousands & thousands of applications made during last two weeks of Apr 2001

Anyone out there who got there Labor Approved from California under regular category(NON RIR) for their GC Processing. Would appreciate if you can give the Filing and Approval Dates.

I saw the link ....it says,
Employment Development Department Comments
Processing Times

* RIR cases: pulling July 2002
* Non-RIR:

Assessment pulling 04-25-2001
Recruitment pulling 03-28-2003

What is the difference between Assessment pulling and Recruitment pulling?

:mad: I am fed up ...going to canada ..now ..this will never end ..something has to be done .I feel like 21st Century slave in this country ..they never got rid of slavery but framed it properly in new terms -> H1B . Slavery has been a tradition here .you can not get rid of it even at Modern times.

I too saw the link... it says....

Employment Authorization Applications (EAD)
The processing of EAD applications should continue to improve. CSC hopes that by the early June 2003, processing time will be within 90 days.

I wonder what does this mean?

I have a question on the "Processing Times" on same website:
I am seeing two dates under -LC Waiver EDD
1. Pending
2. Initial Review

What is the difference between this two?
Any input? Thanks for your reply.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
elmo

I don't know very well about this, but probably, that Assessment pulling means pulling a queue for initail review, and Recruitment pulling means pulling a queue for recruitment for cases that the initial review finished. So I think we normally refer the former date as as a current processing date in EDD. The latter one is probably used internally in DOL, I think.

yuLC

Originally posted by elmo
I saw the link ....it says,
Employment Development Department Comments
Processing Times

* RIR cases: pulling July 2002
* Non-RIR:

Assessment pulling 04-25-2001
Recruitment pulling 03-28-2003

What is the difference between Assessment pulling and Recruitment pulling?

Sesa Update..RIR Sept 17 2003 Non RIR Apr 26 2002

Well the link posted here is few months old (May 2003).. Lots of things have been changed since then.. so lets hope for the best

Last edited by a moderator:
gp111

yes, that is an old post........but could you clarify the difference between assessment and recruitment pulling?
Thanks.

Elmo,

I believe recruitment pulling means applications remanded from DOL. Look at the date it says 03-28-2003, if that is the case EDD might be processing those applications separately.... hope so

GP111

You mistaked the date when the link was posted, May 2003 to May 2002....

By the way, I found that DOL will get 10 times more budgets ($5 to $55 million) to clear their current labor certification backlogs for next fiscal year than for this fiscal year, how do you think about it? Will this just run out for PERM? Or may it be used to take care of remanded cases? It may accelerate EDD's process?

In FY 2004, an increase of $49.5 million will be provided as the first of a two-year investment to eliminate the 300,000 case backlog in the permanent Foreign Labor Certification program. In addition, funding will be provided in the Program Administration account to provide the Federal support necessary to address the problem. The backlog elimination will actually begin in FY 2003 as DOL makes changes to the program that will prevent future backlogs by expediting certification and eliminating the state role in the processing of applications.

The source is:
http://www.dol.gov/_sec/Budget2004/agencies2004.htm#eta-emp

Originally posted by gp111
Sesa Update..RIR Sept 17 2002 Non RIR Apr 26 2002

Well the link posted here is old (May 2002).. Lots of things have been changed since then.. so let;s hope for the best

Here is the answer I got from our HR... for Non RIR cases SESA handles the Advertising procedure thru the Employer. Once Company files Non RIR, SWA working with Attorney starts the Advertising procedure (Which Is already done in case of RIR before filing the application) this is what called THE RECRUITMENT PULLING... After the process done, all the results goes to file & SESA goes to that file when It reaches the PD for that Case.. That's called Assessment pulling ..

gp111,
Are u saying that Cases who got sent to SESA from dol does not have to do the re advertisment becuase it was done before filing the case ( since it was filed as rir orginally) and SESA onece agian sent that case to DOL ( this time as non rir) and dol will approve the case ?

Thanks

dhshah_us
NO I am not saying that.. REMANDED CASES are to be processed as NON RIR so I think they have to be gone under advertisement process under SWA supervision again.. Don't know for Sure

Status
Not open for further replies.