California SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved to DOL

I received the fax from my lawyer just now and she confirmed the transmittal notice from EDD.

MY P.D. was August 20.
Sent to DOL on August 7

Thank God!!!!
See you all in DOL forum and best of luck to all of you.
Thanks for keeping my spirits up!!!!!!!!
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I file another LC?

Hi all,

My situation is: I filed EB3-RIR on Aug 2002 as Computer System Analyst. My case just got transfered to DOL.

I've learned that lots of IT RIR cases were sending back from DOL to SESA. Mine is an EB3, bachelor with no experience required. (Though I have master degree. Lawyer said my salary was too low. It was $50k when I filed)

So I guess my chance of getting the LC approved is very slim. Now I am thinking: can I file another LC?

My employer does not have branch outside CA. It's a small company with only 30 people. No layoff ever. They are very nice. I can change title. Is there a better title I can use? Like DBA or something? Can one employer file two LCs for one same person?

Also, I've heard that PERM could be implemented early next year. Then should I wait for PERM? If PERM is really implemented, can I file a new LC instead of transfering the old one into PERM? I know I will lost my PD. But since now it's all current, so I don't really care.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sometimes I feel rally frustrated on the whole GC thing...

2 LCs

Maggie,

If I was you I will hold to current LC. SFDOL may change policy on auto remanding, Regarding your salary SESA should have asked you being low but they already transferred to DOL. I can say you crossed one hurdle. I don't think your employer can file 2 LCs on you. If PERM come you can withdraw current one and file another one for PERM.

uld I file another LC?

Thanks for the reply, satya_gc.

Are you sure that one company cannot file 2 LCs on same person? I've heard people filing an EB2 and an EB3 at same time from same employer. Also how about through different states? Can one company file two LCs for one person in different states?

About the salary, my salary was below the EB2 requirement, but well above the EB3 bottom line. Would that still be considered "too low" since I filed EB3?

maggie_LC

EB2/EB3 does not matter at all for Labor Processing. If your attorney has made advertisment matching to your profile, There were no layoffs in your company & DOL does not automatic remand everything you do not need to worry..

Yes your company can apply from another state for you...You can not file 2 labors from the same state (Cause Labor are only RIR/Non RIR.. nothing to do with EB2/3)

SESA phone number

Can someone post the phone numbers of SESA, i will take the initiative of finding out the status everyday and will post the details. I will only post it only if the status has changed. Thanks.

waitingforlca,

Seems elmo & gcwww posted as soon as SESA updated their AVM. Here is the SESA number 916-464-3400. Looks like SESA updating their AVM every monday or tuesday.

i tried dialling this number, my god, some one picked up the phone in just one ring, instead of AVM..and they patiently answered the date when i asked them. Is there any AVM number specifically. Please post.

Thanks.

call this number (916-464-3400) after 5pm (Pacific Time)

It will be automatic voice information, which
tells you the processing date.

Re: Should I file another LC?

Changing job title is not going to help. Once your
case reaches DOL there is a very good chance that they will send 3 option letter. Re-test the market or Withdraw the application or
go for regular process which is stuck at April 2001. Prepare your company to advertise once they get RFE.

any thoughts

my sesa application was filed during last week of jan this year. Any ideas when this will be processed by SESA to send it to SFO DOL. I am not sure what exactly they do in RIR processing in SESA. Can anyone throw some light??

Status
Not open for further replies.