California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused!

Isn't DOL supposed to be a federal certification, independent of state-specific concerns on industry (as against SESA where different state agencies can have different yardsticks)? So why is only California DOL treating IT labor petitions differently, and all the other DOLs (Chicago, NY, Phily, etc) certify the same petitions without any problem? Don't all DOLs get the same set of criteria for evaluating and approving the petiions? Can someone explain? Thanks.

999.151-031

Here's what happened to my case.

Bay area semi-conductor company with 50 people (Corporate Head in SanDiego).
Case # : 095XXXXX
DOT Code : 999.151-031
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Applications
No. of Openings : 1
Received Regional Office: 05/28/2002
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 04/28/2003.

Good Luck Guys!

My cousin is a software engineer lives in PA state. He recently got his GC. The thing is he applied it some time around mid 2000s via NON-RIR process and he got his GC now..gee..that only took less than 3 years for the non-rir process in other states. What's wrong with CA state? How come we all have to suffer this long period of pain?

It's really painful

Since day one I've been working in minnesota (chicago DOL region) where processing is fastest in whole usa. The problem is that my employer is CA based hence I'm out of options.

CA processing is really painful (especially when you see your colleagues getting GC and you are still in Labor Certification process) :-(

Patience is the key!!
-DesiPardesii

lives7

I had filed for my LC in Massachusetts and Boston DOL is also worse like CA. They had sent back every single IT related case filed after Jan 2002 stating one or other reason.

For my case, they first asked to increase wage, then they told to change the job description, and finally when everything was done by my company, they said RIR denied after keeping it for one year.

I think CA and MA are the two worst affected states, because I see approvals from Phily, Chicago etc for similar positions

ANY APPROVALS IN BIOTECH????

KINDLY TAKE A FEW MINUTES AND POST ANY APPROVALS...THIS WOULD REALLY HELP PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL WAITING.

THANKS A LOT!!

Congratulations to 4drs!!

4drs, congratulations!!

My company is extremely small in bay area (15 Employees in total) and my DOT code is same as yours too . So it seems my case is similar to yours

Did you get NOF? If yes, when?

Thanks In Advance.
-DesiPardesii

congrats to 4drs

Hi 4drs,
congratulations !
You must be having a sigh of relief, hopefully everyone of us follows u in next stage.
I am also in same area,same DOT code, same size company and almost same PD,RD at DOL.
Can you please let us know, if you get any NOF? And how did you respond, if you get any?

Thanks,
Desi145

Thanks...

I have received no NOF, no RFE,..... Just direct approval.
My company is into networking/communication semi-conductor filed with ~800 employess and the corporate office is in San Diego. But our group in bay area, with ~50 employees, work in video processing area which has no relation to company's core products.

Ofcourse it was a big releif. (Given the fact that I had my labor cleared 3 years ago with my previous employer and now in 7th year extn.)

Good Luck!

Please do not change lc tracker file name

Hi All

Please do not change lc tracker file name. After certain days it will be all confusing to review. I reverted back the filename from spicensour1.xls to lctracklist.xls and attaching the file.

Thanks
-DesiPardesii

Hi to All:

I am new to this forum and here are the details of my labor filing:
Company based in LA filed, priority date is May 15th, 2002 for State (SESA/EDD), position applied for Sr.Business Manager (S/W related, Works for IT). Case # 153xxx.

Received an Assessment Notice/RFE in last week of March 2003, to submit the additional recruitment documentation/information for the 6-month period prior to the local office priority date.

Asked to show all the recruitment efforts other than newspaper ads like internal job announcement, referral agencies, internet postings, job fairs, Caljobs etc.

Re-submitted to SESA/EDD with as much as of all the above information and received a transmittal notice form SESA/EDD that the file has forwarded to DOL on May 10th, 2003. (It took exact one year to get process from State). I have not received any receipt notice from DOL yet.

Questions:

1. Normally how long does it take to get the receipt date/receipt notice from DOL?
2. Are there any chances to get RFE again from DOL also, since I have already cleared an RFE from SESA?
3. What is DOT code? How do I get this, I went to the link mentioned in this forum but could not find it.

Thanks
Dude123

How long does it take after NOF

Hi,

my PD(RIR) is 8-8-2001 and DOL received the case on 5-20-2002. On 4-20-2003, DOL kicked the case back to EDD for re-assessment since my company has layoff in the end of 2002. We expect to give two months of retest result back to EDD in the end of June 2003. Anyone knows how much additional time will it take for EDD and DOL to process my case. I hope there is different line so that my case do not have to wait in EDD for another year and DOL for another two years.

It is really frustrating, after two years of waiting, still get to nowhere.

Re: Dude123

1) the priod will be 1 week -- 2 months normally.
2) No one knows.
3) Once you get your receipt number ( from your lawyer),
you can retrieve your case information through AVM
or e-mail (refer to previous posts) from DOL. Those
information will tell you your dot code.

my case

I have not seen the exact message. But it seems not to be either of them. If I understand correctly, one of the three options letter asks for retest the market for DOL (right?). And remand to state will change the case to regular one.

I do not believe my case has been changed to regular. And the retest market result was send to EDD in stead of DOL.

Are all retest market information send to EDD or DOL, can anyone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.