California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does " Returned by State after Remand On " mean.

Hi Guys,
This is what I got in the email(from DOL email system).

DOT Code : 999.151-031
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Applications
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $8xxxx.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 12/26/2001
Current Status : Returned by State after Remand On 04/16/2003.

Question:What does Returned by State after Remand On mean.

rajanCA

Hi rajanCA,
Of course both the cases got NOF's according to my company HR manager.

We are living in a world with "Notice of Findings". It has become a trend of DOL now a days. It looks like the DOL case managers have their monthly quota of issuing NOF's and they have to meet their targets. I don't know where are they leading us..... God only knows.

Let us wait and see.

Good luck to you all.

eb2august01
DOL Received date: 07/22/2002
Waiting for my turn.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused

Sorry to have you guys to share this -

Employer a big financial company without layoffs in LA
Case # : 09522xxx
DOT Code : 999.151-032
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software
Wage / Base : $5xxx.00 Monthly
Received Regional Office: 05/02/2002
Current Status : Remand Issued to State On 05/14/2003.

Employer : a big financial company without layoffs in LA.
Case # : 09522xxx
DOT Code : 999.151-032
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software
Wage / Base : $6xxx.00 Monthly
Received Regional Office: 05/02/2002
Current Status : Remand Issued to State On 05/14/2003.

:D:D:D:D The latter is mine. Guess we have to wait for another year.:D :D :D :D

Hi Guys,

Is there any one who's RD is in JAN 2002 and no news yet from DOL?

Mine is Jan 2002 and not heard anything from DOL, any suggestions. I am not sure wether I can contact my attorney.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Non IT approvals?

Does anyone know if there have been any approvals on Non-IT DOT codes recently? such as accounting, financial analyst etc.

These were moving fast sometime ago but seems like they have slowed down too..

Updates pleeeease

Lets try to update this tracking list, I just sorted it with priority date, and for my surprise, there should be atleast quarter of the people in the list might have got some kind of response. But unfortunately we dont see in update in the list.

Guys if your labor is certified or any result you got please update, that gives others hope in this never ending saga.

This is list is now sorted with Priority Date,SESA to DOL Date,RD at DOL sequnce. That should be easy to have a glance.

If any body is adding a new entry please add it at the appopriate place.

good luck

Hi all,

I have updated the tracker with the information available(text in blue). Please check whether your information is correct and if not update the same.

--Vortex.

my case details

Priority date: january 7th 2002
DOL Received date : december 9th 2002
Category: EB2RIR

sorry could not update the list.

Has anyone seen this?

DOT Code: 999.151-041
Received Regional Office On 05/23/2002

Our lawyer received the following letter from DOL on the 26th of April:

"Your request for RIR cannot be approved because the Application for Alien Employment Certification contains deficiencies. Your petition has been placed with its contemporaries in the Regional non-RIR queue. More detailed information regarding the deficiencies in the application will be provided when we reach your petition in the non-RIR queue............."

The lawyer then contaced DOL and spoke to a live person and was able to convince that it was unjust. DOL then issued the following letter:

"This letter supercedes the one we sent on April 26th. Your application is being returned to the State for assessment of an issue we discovered. The State Workforce Agency will issue you an Assessment Notice in due course. Please respond to their inquiry within the 45-day limit stated in the regulations."

I don't know what this second letter means? Is it the regular NOF letter? Do you know how long it will take the SESA to contact us? Please post your comments on this.

EMail Response System Updated..

Hi All,
I have got the email reply from DOL and I have found that their database is updated. I remember somebody in this forum collected all of the cases by DOT number from the email retrieval system. It would be a big help if they could check the status now and post it here.

Thanks

eb2august01
DOL Received Date : 07/22/2002

Re: Has anyone seen this?

Originally posted by cadolslow
DOT Code: 999.151-041
Received Regional Office On 05/23/2002

Our lawyer received the following letter from DOL on the 26th of April:

"Your request for RIR cannot be approved because the Application for Alien Employment Certification contains deficiencies. Your petition has been placed with its contemporaries in the Regional non-RIR queue. More detailed information regarding the deficiencies in the application will be provided when we reach your petition in the non-RIR queue............."

The lawyer then contaced DOL and spoke to a live person and was able to convince that it was unjust. DOL then issued the following letter:

"This letter supercedes the one we sent on April 26th. Your application is being returned to the State for assessment of an issue we discovered. The State Workforce Agency will issue you an Assessment Notice in due course. Please respond to their inquiry within the 45-day limit stated in the regulations."

I don't know what this second letter means? Is it the regular NOF letter? Do you know how long it will take the SESA to contact us? Please post your comments on this.

Seems weird. Never heard of this before. But literally, seems the former letter is better than the latter one, which seems equivalent to 'Remand to State'. The former one might be faster. This is just a guess.

Re: Remand Issued to State

Priority Date : 07/19/2001
DOT CODE : 999.151-081
DOL Rcvd Date: 4/15/2002

Remand Issued to State On 04/14/2003.

What does this mean?
What happens to my case?
I'm already on 7th year extension.

I posted this message on 5/13/2003. I got this message from AVM. When I called my attorney, they confirmed that they haven't rec'd anything information from DOL yet. Even my employer confirmed the same. It has already been 1 month the status has changed by DOL. Why DOL hasn't sent any notifications to my EMPLOYER and also to ATTORNEY? Is this usual? And other thing is my DOT code would have been 999.151-031 instead of 999.151-081. Would this be the reason?

Actually I have the same questions, too. Does "Remand Issued to State" mean RIR was converted to non-RIR?

Gurus (like gp11) please share you knowledge and shed light on us.

Thanks a lot.

Remand to State means your case has been sent back to SESA (SWA) for processing as Non RIR case, You will keep your old priority date & SWA will process your case as Non RIR when they will reach that date, SWA is currently processing Non RIR application with PD April 25 2001...3 more days of april to go .. so its a long wait !!

You can always get extension since your labor is already applied..

good luck

Question for GP

Hi,

Is it true that if your case in Labor Cert you can extend H1B for 1 year and not any further, but when you file I140/485 you can keep on extending H1B every year until approved?

Second question is what would be the impact on the Labor Cert if your company acquired by some large company?

Thanks

Question for wang2mazi

Did you get NOF before remand to state issued or you got remand to state directly? Did you contact your lawyer and what did he/she say? what was the reason for remand to state when lot of cases are being certified even with layoffs in companies?

I think we both work for the same company i also work for a large financial company in LA with no layoffs.

There is some progress in DOL.
At least for our big Software Company:

Case # : 095XXXXX
DOT Code : 003.061-026
DOT Description : Electrical Research Engineer
Wage / Base : $58500.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 07/29/2002
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 05/07/2003.

DOL AVM Update

Hi All,
SFO DOL AVM has been updated today.

RIR JULY 2002
REGULAR MAY 2002

Good Luck to you all.

Thanks
eb2august01

DOL RECEIVED DATE: 07/22/2002
DOT: 999.151-031

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Status