California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOF with 3 Option

Hi All,

I will be joining the boat of those recieved NOF with 3 options.

DOL RD : 6/28/2002

Spoke with attorney, going with Retesting the market, that is run an advertisement Once and wait 2 weeks for Resumes and then send the results back to DOL.

Summary of DOL Liaison Meeting on 05-15-2003 (05-20-2003)

Department of Labor (DOL) comments
Processing Times

RIR cases: pulling 06-21-2002
Non-RIR: pulling 05-20-2002
Number of cases pending

RIR cases: 13,000 to 14,000
Non-RIR: 2,000 to 3,000
DOL processes about 2000 cases per month.
Re-Test labor market letter for RIR cases

If the employer withdraws the case, DOL will not send an acknowledgement letter nor will the case be returned to the employer.
If the employer requests DOL to remand the case to EDD (EMPLOYMENT DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT), the case will be returned immediately, but no communication will be sent to the employer that this has occurred. Once the case is remanded to EDD, the case will be interfiled according to its original priority date.
If the employer provides the tear sheet and DOL deems that the reasons for rejecting the US workers responding to the recruitment were vague, DOL will deny the RIR and remand the case to EDD. DOL also indicated that a Notice of Findings (NOF) could be issued instead of simply denying the RIR portion of the case, but the Certifying Officer was "vague" as to when this would happen. It might be based "simply" on the number of applicants responding to the re-test of the labor market. The impression given was it could be as few as 10 resumes received, even if reasons for rejecting these candidates were given.
RIR cases

The Certifying Officer opined that since January 2002 there has been US worker availability for hi-tech positions - thus very difficult to process RIR cases. Not clear how he will handle these cases - but seems likely that a NOF will be issued.

Hi,
I am also in the same code, RD at DOL 7/10/2002. I received NOF from SESA in 7/02, replied and then transfered to DOL. waiting for the DOL reply...with fingers crossed...
Let me know how u respond to NOF from DOL and what the outcome is.
Thanks,
Desi

GC Question--please help

My company is going to file my LC from Chicago as it is located in Chicago and I am working and located here in CA for company's client .

Is my 140/485/EAD will be file from Chicago or from California(As I am located here) ??

Please reply.. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rama.

updated my case

Hi all

Updated my case.
Got NOF on 3/27/03.

readvertised and replied on 5/19/03. Don't know how many responses were received. I work in Arizona.

Thanks
Dumeel

May 22 Snapshot

Well, here is the May 22nd snapshot.
It is not very encouraging, most of the diff from previous snapshot shows NOF, Remand to state, Denied ...
Few lucky persons got the golden Certified.
May luck be with us...
t3k

Weird!!!

DOL works very strangely. From the file see this weird scenerio....

999.151-031 8/16/2002 Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 03/14/2003.

999.151-031 8/23/2002 Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 02/13/2003.

I mean how can DOL take action and certified on 03/14/2003 with PD 08/16/02 for same DOT code while others are waiting in queue. Does any one know more about it?!?

- DesiPardesii

Reply from DOL after re-test market

Has anyone heard from DOL after replying with re-test of market?
esp. Software Engineer, DOT code 999.151.132 or 131

Does anyone know the chance of getting the approval after the reply? What is the time frame to get a reply?

Public, please share your experiences...

Thanks.

PS
Added my information to the tracker list

DesiPardesii

Here's another interesting response time:
999.131-111 9/9/2002 Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 10/01/2002.
999.131-111 9/10/2002 Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 09/28/2002.

I'm curious how the labor certification for these cases were presented to have been certified in less than a month.

BTW, thanks t3k for sharing this info. It enabled me to see a glimpse of the processing picture.

Software engineers

The Software engineers category is very broad, could someone write back which ones are getting NOF.... the SAP folks, the Java folks or C ++ guys..... I was wondering if there was a pattern....any information in this regard can help foks like me.
Like a lot of you waiting patiently.... Dharma.
hopefully our karma is strong enough to withstand bad times.....

May 22 Snapshot

T3k, it looks like the snap shot is exactly the same as you posted on Apr 23,03. I think they have not updated anything on this file. Do you see a difference?
This would explain why we don't see any progress.

Many differences

There are many differences between the two snapshots, many cases that were in the "received" status moved to "Certified", "Remand", NOF...
I guess you compared twice the same file.
:p
t3k :D

BTW

The snapshot contains the cases from 09516000 to 09532999
There are sorted by DOT code, then by DOL received date.
I would include more info on them, such as company name, if I could upload more than 100k file, but I can't.
t3k

DOL processing order

In looking at the DOL extract for May, it seems like DOL is not necessarily processing in Received Date Order.

It almost seems like they first sort it by DOT code and within a DOT code they go by Received Date - because, I find some DOT codes have progressed to RD of Sep'02 whereas some DOT codes are still at June'02.

However, I found some minor exceptions to the above as well.

I wonder how they will process if the same company has pending applications with different DOT codes..

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.