California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
detail n0

EB2
HR likes to take care of everything, have not seen the ads. But i know it is EB2.

bpulak

Most of the cases I know got some answer (APPROVED, REJECTED, ANOTHER NOF etc) from DOL in 2 to 4 weeks after sending the RETEST Market results..

Good Luck !

udi75

If given the option, I would suggest go for CHICAGO/IOWA & do the labor / advertisement process there.

even if company is done with all RIR process for bay area & there are no layoff, we have seen people getting 3 options letter & retesting the market.. Chances are you will get less resumes in IOWA then in BAY Area so good chances of getting thru easily !

Any update on DOL database ....?

Hi All,
I haven't seen any updated on DOL database so far. Does anyone knows whether the case status have been updated to DOL database or not??.

I have checked with the HR manager of our company and he said that they have received couple of RFE's. He did not give any more details.

Is there any update on June 2002 cases???. If anybody gets their case APPROVED after RFE's please post it here. Since the DOL is not updating their database, it would help us a lot if you guys update this forum.

Good Luck to you all.
Thanks
eb2august01
DOL Received Date 07/22/2002

Hi,

Seems like DOL NOFing all the cases from Bay area, how about the cases from the Sourthern California Companies? I am in San Diego and job market had no major affect on the economy, does DOL look at the Cities before making decisions of NOF? or just NOF to clear up the files (reminds me the paper shredding that was done in Laguna Niguel)

Any comments/help will be appreciated

No response from DOL, Yet !!

Hi All,

The letter from SESA says that my case/file has been forwarded to DOL San Franscisco for further processing on 3/28/03, it's been quite a while and we haven't got any response/acknowledgement from DOL so far, shall I be worried now ?

How long does DOL takes to respond/acknowledge.

Thanks in advance for your response.
appreciated.

-Al

alvin

call up DOL on 1 415 975 4617 & check if they have entered in to their database.

Alternatively you can send email to

LCSTATUS09@doleta.gov

WITH NO SUBJECT &

In the body of the message type:

Case YourCaseNumber for example:
Case 12345678

- AND / OR -

Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212

- AND / OR -

Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789

questions about the job market retesting

My RIR case was received by DOL on 5/16/2002. This is also for a software engineer's position. Just got the reply from the DOL and a job market retesting is required. So anybody has done this, please help me with the following questions.

1. How long should the retesting take?

2. For the retesting, can I use a new job position description based on my current status or I have to use the one I used when we filed the case which is almost two years old?

3. Like many others are asking, what's the chance to get certified or denied after retesting at this moment?

4. Follows the question 3, what will happen if the case gets denied after retesting? Still has the chance to transfer the case to a non-RIR one or I have to refile a new case or even worse, I have to wait for a certain amount of time before I can refile the new case?

5. For those who transfer their cases from the RIRs to non-RIRs, are these cases sent back to EDD with a new priority date (start all over again) or DOL with a new received date (I think this scenario will be much better since the DOL is not so slow on the non-RIR cases at this moment)?

Please comment on these questions. Thank you very much!

PERM delays again!!!

Release of PERM Regulation Not Likely Until September 2003

AILA has reported that a responsible DOL official disclosed that the PERM labor certification application regulation might not be released until September, 2003.

(the information is from immigration-law.com)

If it delays again, I won't be surprised though...That's the way DOL deals with everything.

Any update on DOL database ....?

Hi All,
SFO DOL is still processing June 2002 cases. But I don't see any update from anybody in this forum. Has anybody got any NOF...? APPROVAL after retesting the market...?.

Please update our forum if there is any update.

Thanks
Good Luck to you all.

eb2august01
DOL Received Date: 07/22/2002
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please update the lctracker file

Hi Guys

All of us are anxious to know what happens after retesting the market. How long does it take for DOL to reply? Etc

Please update tracker (use comments column for additional comments).

Thanks
-DesiPardesii

Hi Guys,

My employer tried to retest the market, but lot of good candidates, so he asked DOL to move my case to State to process as Regular case. My bad luck.

HSM

Hi Guys,

As somebody mentioned on the Thread that DOL is processing the June cases, are these cases based on Reciept Date by DOL or when DOL recieved it? The receipt dates are generally over month later then they were recieved by DOL.

to HSM

Hi HSM,

Is your case from Bay Area? I think if you file as non-rir you will still maintain your priority date. Good Luck!

where did you post the ads.

Hi HSM,

Sorry to hear that. We are on the same boat. I got the market retesting request too. And my employer and lawyer will discuss this issue tomorrow. I'm curious about where did you post the ads. It was on a local newspaper or on the web? Also, according to my lawyer, the new ads. should be exactly the same as the previous one. But I saw one post in this forum said the new one can be different. What did you do? Thank you!

heha

Re: where did you post the ads.

Hi Heha,

Posted same add in San Jose Mercury News on sunday, for 1 day only.

HSM

Originally posted by heha
Hi HSM,

Sorry to hear that. We are on the same boat. I got the market retesting request too. And my employer and lawyer will discuss this issue tomorrow. I'm curious about where did you post the ads. It was on a local newspaper or on the web? Also, according to my lawyer, the new ads. should be exactly the same as the previous one. But I saw one post in this forum said the new one can be different. What did you do? Thank you!

heha

Re: to HSM

Yes, my company is in San Jose.

HSM

Originally posted by 2hard2getGC
Hi HSM,

Is your case from Bay Area? I think if you file as non-rir you will still maintain your priority date. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.