California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still in RECEIVED STATUS

Hi All,
Does anybody knows whether the DOL database is updated or not ???

I have checked the AVM 415-975-4617 today morning. Still the cases received in march 2002 are in "RECEIVED" status. The email response system has the same status. The processing dates are moving very fast, but nothing seems to be working at the DOL end.

Is it a tough job for DOL to update the database ....?

eb2august01
DOL RECEIVED DATE 07/22/2002
DOT - 999.151-031
:confused:

hang in there

Hi eb2august01,

It is very frustrating that diferent wings of the same DOL give us different information. But since they are processing cases from june 2002 already, yours should be pretty close too ! So just hang in there...

endless_gc_loop

NOF

What is the use of these dates anyway? Everybody is getting the 3 options letter, for at least s/w related jobs. We should rather focus on finding out what is the approval rate after retesting the market.

Question on retesting the market

Hello all,

As everyone else, I got the letter with 3 options. My LCA application states Master's requirement along with good job description and I feel the company should retest the market. But they got back to me saying that:

"retesting the market as RIR may ultimately lead to the company finding US workers who have the "minimum requirements" for your job - that means we HAVE to hire them, not you. That is NOT what we want to happen, we want to retain you."

Is this true? How does this work? Please advice at the earliest. Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks,
masti

What Codes are getting NOF?

Is SFO DOL sending NOFs to all the RIR applications. In most of the cases the DOT code is xxxxx-31.

So does that mean only xxxx-31 is getting NOF's or every body is getting NOFs ?

No word yet about how many got aproved after replying for NOF by re-advertising.

Any how, we cannot understand, how the SFO DOL works, but if we co-ordinate and track NOFs, their responses and results may be we can find a pattern.

We can use the comments section of lctracklist.xls to add the response for NOF.

thanks,

DOT Code: 999.151-032
DOT Description: Computer Software Engineers, Systems Software
Received Regional Office: 12/03/2002
Current Status: Received Regional Office On 12/03/2002.

I got a NOF (receipt date 6/22/02) but my DOT code is 999.172-061. Anyone know where I can find a list of dot codes and their meanings?

Oh wow... I just checked. DOL thinks I am a 'Computer Hardware Engineer'. Pfffft.

Douglas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by dgarstang
I got a NOF (receipt date 6/22/02) but my DOT code is 999.172-061. Anyone know where I can find a list of dot codes and their meanings?

Oh wow... I just checked. DOL thinks I am a 'Computer Hardware Engineer'. Pfffft.

Douglas.
I have the same DOT code as yours 999.172-061. Can you give
some more info about you case, like geographical location,
layoffs in company etc., what is the reason for NOF if DOL tells
you in the NOF letter etc.
Thanks.

Originally posted by dgarstang

Douglas.

so what are you?

Labour Certified

We have got our labour certified.

Details :

dot code 039-162-014

received at dol on 4/1/02

Title DataBase Design Analyst with 8 years of experience( no MS degree)

Company not in bay area.(hard ware related company)

Company had layoffs

NOF issued ( not the 3 options) ,no information from our lawyers
about the NOF

Labour certified last week

Thanks !! We got lot of information from this thread.

ALL THE BEST, meet you soon in the I 140 thread

Regards

arusak

Remand Issued to State

If the case is sent back to SESA as a non-RIR case by the DOL without giving the 3 options, is there any way tp appeal that?

NOF + 6 yr. expiring Sep' 04

Hi All,

Got NOF from DOL with 3 options. Working with Software company in Bay Area.

xxx.151-032

RD: 4/8/02

6 year stay limit is expiring in Sep 2004. If anyone has any ideas, what the best approach would be to take, I would greatly appreciate it.

If I go with retest, what are the chances it will be rejected? Do we have some statistics on approval/rejection for retest approach.

If it is rejected, can I go ahead with remand to State option or file a new traditional LC? Does there need to be some time interval after rejection, before filing new application / or remand to State if possible. This is tricky, since my 6 yr limit is in Sep 2004.

Reg. pre-approved labor certifications

Hi,

I too recently got the 3-options letter (my DOL receipt date is 03/02). Apart from the options given by DOL to process my current labor cert. I am also looking at an option of pre-approved labor substitution.

Has any one looked into this option before. How does this substitution process work. I have been told that the information on the approved labor should match my case. What are the information that should be matched and to what extent.

Any information on this highly appreciated.

Thanks,
CT123

gp111,

You look pretty knowledgeable in this forum. I got NOF with 3 options (SFO DOL rd Jan 2002) and opted for retest the market.
My attorney has to send the results by mid may.

From the current trend, when can I expect some result ? Any idea ?

Thanks.

Regarding SESA/DOL Jurisdictions

Hi guys:

Have a question on behalf of one of my friends who got a job with Company A in the Bay Area (job ad was posted stating that position is available in Bay Area ). Company A has offices in places like Chicago, Iowa, etc.

My friend wants to know if he can be based in Bay Area and have the company agree that he virtually work from Chicago/Iowa if he qualifies for applying for a GC from these states. Will he qualify?

Otherwise, he wants to explore the option that he be based in Chicago/Iowa (I mean get his paycheck from that office) and apply for GC from these states. But then, will the employer have to advertise again for the same position with location as these states?

Any inputs from folks like GP will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
udi75

I got the three option letters too

Code: 151-031
DOL RD: 5/20/02
Company: big biotech

company chose to retest the market, will send to DOL next week, I do not know how many responds they received yet.

The attorney told me that I will know some kind of decision next month.

any hardware ppl got any news 999.172- people that is?
approved or NOF?

the problem with this board is once people got approved they seldom came back here to report the info

Status
Not open for further replies.